Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think locals wouldn't have too hard of a time getting in, the Flex pass is informative here. I think people will reserve without firm plans in place, or if reservations are so hard to procure, the act of reserving will guide that person/family's plans for that particular weekend. I'm not entirely local, but I do speculatively reserve sometimes and fill in the logistics blanks (hotel/airfare) later.

The problem for me with the making reservations is that I have a Premier Pass, so I should have access 365 days. If I have to make a reservation, it becomes like a Flex Pass where I no longer have the level of access that I paid for. Will I get a refund for the difference in not getting full use of my pass? My pass technically expired 2.5 weeks into this so I have gotten full value in my mind out of it, but it makes my renewal options and thoughts different. I would normally renew the Premier as I have(had) plans for WDW in September that I will most likely be cancelling, so I may hold off on the new pass until a time that it will not be so up in the air.

I don't know if this is a glitch or a development. My gut tells me it's a development.

I've been watching VGC calendar daily trying to adjust a future trip. Until this morning there were scattered single days available in late May and all of June, in all categories. They were obviously from DVC members cancelling rooms. This morning there is nothing available until July = they all disappeared at the same time. I went to Disneyland.com to search for hotel rooms in June. Same thing: No availability showing until July 1st. *I don't think DVC and hotel rooms use the same calendar/booking engine, but maybe someone can correct me there.

This may or may not mean anything for an opening date of DLR. It could be bad news/more delay. Or it could be they blocked out remaining rooms to prepare for a low-capacity opening. At a minimum: if this is not a glitch, I think we can expect an updated announcement, moving the reservations date from June 1 to July 1. We'll see!

Adding: Dapper Day June dates are still showing available. So the convention system is working.
I noticed this too last night. I was playing around with dates for June and all 3 DLR hotels said no availability. I have a reservation at the DLH next month. Haven’t received a cancellation, but maybe it’s coming.

This may or may not mean anything for an opening date of DLR. It could be bad news/more delay. Or it could be they blocked out remaining rooms to prepare for a low-capacity opening. At a minimum: if this is not a glitch, I think we can expect an updated announcement, moving the reservations date from June 1 to July 1. We'll see!

Adding: Dapper Day June dates are still showing available. So the convention system is working.

I have a June booking at VGC active. I wouldn't read too much into that, I've been watching these calendars closely/daily and June would oscillate between a handful available and handful not available (same with July). I believe Chapek when he says he has no idea when the parks will open, I don't think DVCM would unilaterally pull inventory as they're just cancelling them week-to-week (no benefit doing that in advance).

I have a June booking at VGC active. I wouldn't read too much into that, I've been watching these calendars closely/daily and June would oscillate between a handful available and handful not available (same with July). I believe Chapek when he says he has no idea when the parks will open, I don't think DVCM would unilaterally pull inventory as they're just cancelling them week-to-week (no benefit doing that in advance).

I still have a July (and November) reservation on the books for VGC. I am hoping for November. I honestly do not think July will be happening. And that one kind of breaks my heart since it is for Disneyland's 65th birthday and was made right at 11 months. We have not missed a Disneyland birthday since moving to CA in late 2005 (so starting in 2006), and that is why I had to have additional VGC points when I added on - so I could always get this reservation 11 months out.

That could work to your advantage. I know if I lived 15 mins from the parks, it'd drive me nuts not being able to go for whatever reason. :worried:
I live 30 minutes away (without traffic), and I would be sad if I would have to reserve each visit. Part of the reason I justify having the Signature Plus is that it's very easy for me to get to the parks. I have dropped in for a few hours just for shows, shopping, and food.

Guess we will just have to wait and see how they handle all of this.

If they do make people wear masks how will that work? When we have gone in the past we would get food then eat it in line. They would be pulled down so often, eating, drinking. Would they expect kids to wear them? I can’t imagine a child wearing a mask all day. We are wanting to go end of June/Early July. It’s hot then. I just don’t see how that would work.

If you tell them it's part of a costume, maybe they'll wear it for a longer period of time? My DD9 has been wearing a neck gaiter long before it was required by our Public Health Department, she thought she was a character in an Anime show! 😂

Huh, and here I think they have to go to reservations in order to reduce capacity, or else you end up with a bottleneck of people who can’t get in somewhere.

It’s why they did Galaxy’s Edge reservations - what do you do with/where do you put the people who are queuing? I also wonder a lot about the potential profitability of a park at such reduced capacity anyway... but, I digress.

Anyway, @theluckyrabbit, hi! We’re around and fine, but largely have been ignoring any plans for Disneyland until there’s some real info available... but my kiddo’s pass expires this month, so now we’re kind of having to consider whether we should extend it or not. We get our Disney fix from IG and all the cool stuff coming from the Disney Parks Blog. 😉 Hope you’re doing well!

I finally deleted my over 300 screenshots of Maxpass data from early 2020 that I had started entering into a spreadsheet so it could be shared... I was worried that MF:SR being added would throw it off a bunch - LITTLE DID I KNOW! 🤦‍♀️

Last edited by a moderator:
I live 30 minutes away (without traffic), and I would be sad if I would have to reserve each visit. Part of the reason I justify having the Signature Plus is that it's very easy for me to get to the parks. I have dropped in for a few hours just for shows, shopping, and food.

Guess we will just have to wait and see how they handle all of this.

This is me too! Decide I had a bad day at work and might go over for a bit. Decide that I want to buy something, pop over to grab it. Feel like a couple rides, just go. It is why I have the pass with no blackouts.

This should not surprise anyone, if they’ve been following Governor Newsome. There is no way Disneyland is opening June 1. I mean, he’s just now allowing some retail to open for curbside on Friday, May 8. For anyone to think we go from that to Disneyland being open June 1 is just wishful thinking. It’s sad, but true. Hopefully we see very positive numbers during our phased reopenings here in California over the next month, setting up for Disneyland to open sometime later this summer.

Last edited:
I am also a Signature Plus AP holder. The main reason I have this, is not so I can everyday if I want to, but because my schedule and kids schedule can be difficult to work around, and I have the ability to go on any day that does work for me. I don't have to worry if a day works in our schedule that it might be blocked. We just go. So I pay premium for that ability. If I have to do a reservation system and the only days open to us reserve up and I can 't use my pass, that will be a problem.
I am paying a lot of money for my family to have that flexibility and access. I will be upset if it is heavily restricted. Now, I am a reasonable person, so I can work through some restrictions, it just depends on what they are and if they significantly impede on my ability to use my pass.

This should not surprise anyone, if they’ve been following Governor Newsome. There is no way Disneyland is opening June 1. I mean, he’s just now allowing some retail to open for curbside on Friday, May 8. For anyone to think we go from that to Disneyland being open June 1 is just wishful thinking. It’s sad, but true. Hopefully we see very positive numbers during our phased reopenings here in California over the next month, setting up for Disneyland to open sometime later this summer.
It doesn't surprise me at all. I did have a night booked towards the end of June in hopes that it may open by then. Do I need to call about the cancellation or will they just cancel it for me?
Bummer really. I miss it so much.

The article also says that dining reservations and other bookable experiences are also now 'unavailable'.

I'd booked BB dining for late June about 4 days ago (even though I knew our trip most likely won't happen).

I know. Sigh. But 'hope springs eternal' and all that.

It doesn't surprise me at all. I did have a night booked towards the end of June in hopes that it may open by then. Do I need to call about the cancellation or will they just cancel it for me?
Bummer really. I miss it so much.

We called and cancelled our April reservation so we could rebook with the discount they’re offering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter