SWA FEB Watch LIST (Feb/march is open)

I found this whole SW process very frustrating but I did just book round trip from Chicago/Midway to MCO for all four of us for $701.60. Good price and great flight times. I could have flown American for a little less but the flight times were not good -- leaving late in the day and returning early.

I am a regular American flyer -- this is my first time SW so I hope I'm not disappointed.

By the way, what are DING prices?

Renee

Boo'sMom said:
:banana: $135 RT from MHT to MCO :banana:

What days? I was looking for 2/26 returning 3/4. Best I saw was $137 each way non-stop. We have to fly non-stop, wife hates to fly!

We have $99 for Song out of Logan for the same days.

Mister Incredible said:
What days? I was looking for 2/26 returning 3/4. Best I saw was $137 each way non-stop. We have to fly non-stop, wife hates to fly!

Fly out of Providence. You could fly on those days for $59 each way.

Mister Incredible said:

2/26 and return on 3/6
135.40 RT

Sorry you didn't get the fares you wanted

I left my desk the MINUTE before they opened!

I can't believe it! I was watching all morning and had to do an errand sometime between 12 and 2. So I waiting until just after 1, checked them one last time and left. When I returned to 1:45 it was open. While not ideal, I didn't do bad. I needed to book 8 tickets - 4 people BDL-TPA, 4 MCO-BDL; and I had 6 RR freebies. So I was able to get 2 or the Tampa tickets for the $79 each way and used our freebies for the rest. I love the fact that they added a late night non stop from MCO to BDL! Another full day in Florida for us!
Good luck to everyone!

I know that when I looked at like 1:04 they had some Fun Fares($137 - $152) from PVD to MCO on the 18th. Also they had the $59 airfare from MCO to PVD on the 25th for 7:15 am flight. I only checked because those would have been my dates, but now I'm going in August 2006.

Mickey_Maniac said:
I cant believe PVD to MCO was completely sold out (except for full fare) within 15 mins. Did anyone notice if there was anything less than full fare available at all? Hopefully something cheaper will open up later.

I don't think it sold out, but rather that the lowest fares weren't offered for those people that are returning from Orlando on the weekend. I could get $59 rates if I flew on Thursday or Monday, but Fri-Sun was blocked out (except for the 7:15am).

The gal at SW was shocked that all the Internet fares were gone in a minute for our date...she told us to wait until this time tomorrow to see if those who are holding them don't cancel or such...now for them to open April so we can actually go HOME!

I got 4 tickets MArch 8-18th $1141 ($285ppRT) those Sat/Sun(18/19 went SOOOOOO fast) :cool1: Alb-MCO was 67...but Full fare for return :guilty: I will check again tomorrow and for a ding too 195 is a lot!!! But all NS :cool1: (BTW they are not for me..I snatched them up for my best fried traveling to WDW with me!!!) SHe could have done better when I told her to book earlier..but atleast she has the benefit of Nonstops :earsboy:

Wow! So glad I bailed out and went with Airtran. I would have missed any deals. The flights now, 2 hrs after they opened, are way more then what I paid and we get assigned seating and leaving from our home airport. I wouldn't have been quick enough to grab any of the cheap seats *IF* there were any for Pres. Week.

Hey Chicago people, did anyone get Friday March 24 MDW to MCO ONE-WAY for less than 252 full price? Just wondering if they were ever available at all. Wow, unbelievable how fast these are going. Very frustrating.

Thanks, Tink

Hi, I got one flight that I wanted PVD to Mco on Feb. 15th (late afternoon) total $311.60 for 4 tickets. :Pinkbounc But there was NOTHING below $200. for a return on Fri, Sat.,or Sun! So I took 7:15am Monday Feb.27th. I will just spend the weekend in WDW!(we own DVC so I will use points)and that cost was $270.80(-110.90 SWA credit) so I paid $159.90. The credit was from this past summer when we flew to CA and I got a DING and our fare had DROPPED! So for a total of $471.50 we are FLYING to WDW in FEBRUARY!! Joan

Should we start a new thread for April or just keep this one going and change the title?

Got BUF - MCO $79 one way for Feb 8 - 15th (Wenesdays) total for 3 of us $526.20. Still higher than I like, but I have lucked out with sales before. Last Feb we flew $29 one way and now I am spoiled - LOL. But I don't think $49 is unreasonable to hope for. My problem is I can't download DING to work because of the firewall, so have to wait until I get home and hope any good DING!s havn't expired. Anyone that is good at getting around firewalls wanna help me out? ;)

YES!!!

I got Feb 19 - 25 to Tampa (for our cruise)
for $165 per person roundtrip with no stops!!!

Awesome!!

lisareniff said:
Wow! So glad I bailed out and went with Airtran. I would have missed any deals. The flights now, 2 hrs after they opened, are way more then what I paid and we get assigned seating and leaving from our home airport. I wouldn't have been quick enough to grab any of the cheap seats *IF* there were any for Pres. Week.

My thoughts exactly! I bail last month and got non-stop, round trip for $279. If I'd waited until today I would have got round trip, one stop for $277 with SW, glad I didn't wait!

Happy for those that got good fares! :goodvibes

DutchsMommy said:
Anyone that is good at getting around firewalls wanna help me out? ;)

DutchsMommy, I have sent you a PM with instructions on how you can access DING from work. I use it all the time.

I would be up for having an April watch list for Southwest. Come on April 20-23. We were so close this time.

I booked PDX-MCO for my mom and sister for 3/25. There were internet one-ways available only for that 1 flight on that day. $99 one-way. I just checked again and those are now gone.

There are still plenty of internet fares for PDX-MCO throughout March if you can fly on a Sunday-Wednesday. For MCO-PDX, the internet fares are still available for all of March for Monday-Friday flights.

Now we just need to wait another month and hope she can get good fares coming back on Monday, April 3rd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter