Taking food abroad

NIK

<font color=deeppink>Compulsive planner<font color
This is a bit of an odd one perhaps.

My aunt recently went on a trip to France - not DLP strangely! - :sunny: and theirs was one of the coaches that was stopped and several bags went through a routine random search. No hard drugs [even stranger!] found but they confiscated a tub of margarine of all things as they said that you couldn't take dairy products into France.

Does anyone know of a list somewhere of what you can and can't take into France? I seem to recall seeing somewhere that there is a leaflet and presumably a website for the Ministry of Agriculture with these guidelines on and I wondered if anyone knew where I might find it.

According to the Diabetes web site (I don't know why I was directed there by search engine) the MAFF (Ministry of Agriculture Fisheries and Food) say that no meat or meat products and no milk or dairy products.
I tried to get on the MAFF website, www.maff.org.uk but it would not load at the moment

I think thats about right Berwyn of course you can't take fruit or veg into America either not sure if that applies in France thogh

I think it's the same Dee ,
I know they wont let you bring in veg or plant bulbs in here, so It should be the same in france as we're all in the Common market

Holiday companies and airlines normally supply a list of prohibited food stuffs.
Given fears on BSE and CJD, as well as countries having a variety of views on genetically modified foods, there are many more foodstuffs that are prohibited.

Reid

Ok I've got to ask this, can't stop myself ;)

Why would anyone take a tub of marge to France???!!!!!

Miffy2003 said:
Ok I've got to ask this, can't stop myself ;)

Why would anyone take a tub of marge to France???!!!!!

Karen, I was just about to say that too!:rotfl2: Especially considering France has a butter mountain!:rotfl2:

Ware Bears said:
Karen, I was just about to say that too!:rotfl2: Especially considering France has a butter mountain!:rotfl2:
Yes, but do they have a marge mountain? :rotfl:

Mad I know, but they had bread in their cases as well - wanted to make up sandwiches whilst there I suppose. I can't make up my mind if they were too mean to purchase this abroad or just felt they wouldn't know how to ask for it in French!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter