Talk me INTO it....

The water parks are the one rare thing I haven't ever visited - despite having gone to Disney parks every year since 1971, and having stayed at nearly every resort property at WDW and visiting every theme park...the only water park I ever went to was River Country. Never went to Blizzard or Typhoon. I guess living in SE Florida, in a beach town, and having a pool in my yard, I just never associate vacations with going in the water because I can go in a pool or ocean any day of the year. I even go on cruises and visit all these tropical islands with beautiful beaches, and never swim - I'd rather go tour inland, visit forts, see wildlife, etc.
I honestly should try to visit one or both water parks just to be a properly thorough Disney local and say I've seen it all.

I do enjoy them, but they are a once in a while kind of thing for me. BB is particularly fun though - Summit Plummet is so awesome!

YEah, I went with the less expensive option, but it's fine for my itinerary. I'm only doing two park days, going to MK and Epcot each morning, and hopping later. I usaully prefer Pop, but I don't need the skyliner access really, and without someone splitting the room cost, I decided to save the money - not that it won't go toward merch! 🤣 My priorities are TRON, Fantasmic!, Guardians, and Happily Ever After. I took a late flight back on Saturday so that I can hit a water park in the morning. It looks like Typhoon Lagoon will be the only option, though if BB reopens, I prefer that one.
Hope you have a fabulous trip!!! It'll be wondeful to get away. I had a mostly solo trip last June, brought my DD and her best friend for their graduation, but once we got to the parks in the AM, they went their way, I did my thing. It was fun. I did get a little lonely sometimes in lines, but people watching is nice, and the rides were so fun, it didn't matter. One thing I don't do tho, is eat in restaurants solo. I know that's silly, but i had no problem getting my Ronto wrap, and sitting outside watching everyone milling around Batuu.
Hope you'll do a Trip report if you feel like it. safe travels and happy planning!!

Hope you have a fabulous trip!!! It'll be wondeful to get away. I had a mostly solo trip last June, brought my DD and her best friend for their graduation, but once we got to the parks in the AM, they went their way, I did my thing. It was fun. I did get a little lonely sometimes in lines, but people watching is nice, and the rides were so fun, it didn't matter. One thing I don't do tho, is eat in restaurants solo. I know that's silly, but i had no problem getting my Ronto wrap, and sitting outside watching everyone milling around Batuu.
Hope you'll do a Trip report if you feel like it. safe travels and happy planning!!

Yeah, usually don't do a lot of table service when solo. I have, but I will probably stick to quick service. I might have the opportunity to meet up with some folks, so we'll see.

I did a long solo trip at All Star Music at the end of January and have plans to do a short one in early May at All Star Sports. Now that the rooms have been renovated like the Pop rooms, they are so nice, and I agree, as a solo it’s nice to save some money.

Although I enjoy traveling with friends and family, truthfully I enjoy my solo trips more. I really like the fact that I don’t have to compromise on anything. If I want to wait in a long line for a favorite ride, no one is going to complain. If I want to get a cold drink and people watch for a while, no one is going to complain. If I want to go back to the resort and hang by the pool, no one is going to complain. It’s a different experience than traveling with others, but it does have its perks.

I agree with the idea of trying to meet up with some other solo DISers, especially if you can find someone who likes the same type of rides you do. I have tried in the past, and it didn’t work out, but that happens sometimes in a busy environment like a theme park. I don’t take it personally.

I hope you have a great trip!

I'm glad you decided to go. Looking forward to the break is almost as important as the break, at least that's how it is for me. Life is hectic and chaotic sometimes so having something to look forward to always helps. :)

I'm glad you decided to go. Looking forward to the break is almost as important as the break, at least that's how it is for me. Life is hectic and chaotic sometimes so having something to look forward to always helps. :)

I actually do feel better just from having booked it. I kept waffling of if I was going to or not, and that was adding to my stress. Now I know and don't have to worry about that anymore. Of course, it's occupying a good portion of my mind-share still, but in a GOOD way as I plan out food and all that good stuff!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter