"Tapping Out" at FP Touchpoint still okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other day I was looking at the MDE app and LwtL was like a 60 minute wait! I'm thinking something must have happened. Although, when we were there in February we were going to ride and it was at a 45 minute wait. We decided to skip it and I just moved up our Nemo FP.
I enjoy the ride, but I would never consider waiting more than 5 minutes for it.

Yes, which is why we really don't use the tap and run option. We just go ahead and ride the attraction. Even if it doesn't need the FP. Sometimes, it can mean a much shorter walk through the queue (Nemo/Little Mermaid, I'm talking to you)
We do the same. Easier to just grab the FP and then head over there and do the ride.

Yes. I can confirm that you can tap and run. We did this an hour ago at Speedway.
Just curious why you would need to do that since the MK is not tiered? Why schedule it at all if you didn't want to ride it?

Yes. I can confirm that you can tap and run. We did this an hour ago at Speedway.

How far did you have to run before the mall cop stopped chasing you??? :crazy2: :teeth:

Yeah, if you are staying in the same park you have to use, burn or otherwise let expire, all 3.
It's only for hopping that things get complicated. It's something I didn't quite grasp till about 6 months ago. The trick/key is not booking all 3 in park 1. You don't really want to book all 3 in park 1 as it just delays you getting a FP in park 2. Unless you want 3 in park 1. Then by all means book 3. This is only a technique to use when you don't want 3 in park 1.

Say you book Soarin' at Epcot at 60 days, nothing more. You plan to go to HS after riding TT stand by and Soarin' with a FP. As soon as you tap in to Soarin' pull up the MDE app and start to look for FP at HS.
You can book a Tier 1 at HS, and a Tier 2. You can do this before you even get on Soarin', since we know there is almost always a wait in the morning.
They don't have to be Tier 1 FP but since they are the most desired in most cases that's what most folks use this technique for

See, I knew there was a reason I woke up this morning. I just learned something new! Thanks!!!!

Good! It was an obvious abuse of the TOS.
Actually, I figured out how to use CPFP within the ToS, but if the mods deleted the thread they must not want it discussed, so I will not provide those details again.

Wild hand waiving to ask a question....:wave: One more scenario I thought of.

If I do the hopping thing, then I can only use a max of 2 FP+ in the first park, I got that. Let's use AngiTN example above. I book Soarin' in Epcot for 10am. However, I want to ride RnR in HS later that evening. So I book Soarin' only for my time in Epcot and do everything else standby. As soon as I tap at Soarin I jump onto MDE and try to grab RnR. Say I get one for 8pm. Could I then also book another FP+ at Epcot for noon or whatever and keep "rolling" another FP+ while in Epcot? Or am I confined to only having RnR at 8pm and I can't FP+ anything else anywhere until I use RnR?

This may be the wrong place to ask this, but I was planning on using the "tap and run" for my 18 month old...let me explain. I actually thought I had no other option if say, my husband, myself and my older children want to ride 7DMT(using rider swap). I planned on booking FP's for everyone, including my 18 month old, because I thought we all had to use 3 FP's before getting any new ones. Therefore, I would have to tap and run for her, no? Do I have any other options? Sorry if this should be posted elsewhere!

If I do the hopping thing, then I can only use a max of 2 FP+ in the first park, correct? In other words, taking AngiTN example above. I book Soarin' in Epcot for 10am. However, I want to ride RnR in HS later that evening. So I book Soarin' only for my time in Epcot and do everything else standby. As soon as I tap at Soarin I jump onto MDE and try to grab RnR. Say I get one for 8pm. Could I then also book another FP+ at Epcot for noon or whatever and keep "rolling" another FP+ while in Epcot? Or am I confined to only having RnR at 8pm and I can't FP+ anything else anywhere until I use RnR?

Yes, you are correct in that if you have RnR, you will not be able to add anymore FP until you use it. So what i recommend people to do if they are park hopping, to try to get FP very early that day so you use your first 3 so you can add additional ones for the later park; but the trick is to do is as early as possible before hte FP sell out. I think just limiting yourself to 3 FP just to save the 8pm is not worth it. the way i've explained it you have to opportunity to use FP many many more times in one day.

If I do the hopping thing, then I can only use a max of 2 FP+ in the first park, I got that. Let's use AngiTN example above. I book Soarin' in Epcot for 10am. However, I want to ride RnR in HS later that evening. So I book Soarin' only for my time in Epcot and do everything else standby. As soon as I tap at Soarin I jump onto MDE and try to grab RnR. Say I get one for 8pm. Could I then also book another FP+ at Epcot for noon or whatever and keep "rolling" another FP+ while in Epcot? Or am I confined to only having RnR at 8pm and I can't FP+ anything else anywhere until I use RnR?
Your method does work. You can hold FP at 2 different parks. You just can't book the 2nd park until you have used the first FP at park 1. Your 2nd FP at Park 1 can still be unused.

Your method does work. You can hold FP at 2 different parks. You just can't book the 2nd park until you have used the first FP at park 1. Your 2nd FP at Park 1 can still be unused.
Thank you for sharing this. Seriously. :hyper2: I thought your initial three had to either be used or expired in order to book at a different park.

Yes, you are correct in that if you have RnR, you will not be able to add anymore FP until you use it. So what i recommend people to do if they are park hopping, to try to get FP very early that day so you use your first 3 so you can add additional ones for the later park; but the trick is to do is as early as possible before hte FP sell out. I think just limiting yourself to 3 FP just to save the 8pm is not worth it. the way i've explained it you have to opportunity to use FP many many more times in one day.
True. I wasn't thinking about ADDING another FP at park 1. I was thinking about still have a FP at park 1 to use.
So you can have booked in advance
Soarin'
MS
on the day you are in the park, use Soarin', pull up MDE, book a FP at HS for RnR to use after the MS FP
you can so this before you use your MS FP.

Thank you for sharing this. Seriously. :hyper2: I thought your initial three had to either be used or expired in order to book at a different park.
Me too. It was something I learned at the first of the year myself.

I have no insight but I did wonder if someone removed it to clean it up and maybe it comes back

I was in the process of reading the last few pages when it disappeared. Someone posted that Disney published an update to the ToS. There were a few more pages after that post that I hadn't read yet when it disappeared. I assumed the update to the ToS made the thread out of compliance with Disboards policy, necessitating the deletion. But I don't think we are supposed to be discussing threads closed/deleted by the moderators.

This may be the wrong place to ask this, but I was planning on using the "tap and run" for my 18 month old...let me explain. I actually thought I had no other option if say, my husband, myself and my older children want to ride 7DMT(using rider swap). I planned on booking FP's for everyone, including my 18 month old, because I thought we all had to use 3 FP's before getting any new ones. Therefore, I would have to tap and run for her, no? Do I have any other options? Sorry if this should be posted elsewhere!

You won't have a FP for an 18 month old because they have no ticket. They just go through with you.

Can one have two Tier 1 FP? Say I'm at HS and I have TOT FOR 10am and TSM for 11am. Can I book Soarin' for 2pm after I tap my Band to the touch point at Tower Of Terror?

Just curious why you would need to do that since the MK is not tiered? Why schedule it at all if you didn't want to ride it?

Because it's raining like crazy and I didn't wish to ride the speedway in it. I had a buzz light year on another ticket which I couldn't transfer until I dumped this one.

Can one have two Tier 1 FP? Say I'm at HS and I have TOT FOR 10am and TSM for 11am. Can I book Soarin' for 2pm after I tap my Band to the touch point at Tower Of Terror?
Soarin and TOT are at different parks so I'd say no

I was in the process of reading the last few pages when it disappeared. Someone posted that Disney published an update to the ToS. There were a few more pages after that post that I hadn't read yet when it disappeared. I assumed the update to the ToS made the thread out of compliance with Disboards policy, necessitating the deletion. But I don't think we are supposed to be discussing threads closed/deleted by the moderators.
Actually Disney did not update their ToS. The link was to the ToS as previously known, last updated in Sept of 2016. Here is the link - no change in Disney's official policy:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/park-experience-terms-conditions/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter