"Tapping Out" at FP Touchpoint still okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can one have two Tier 1 FP? Say I'm at HS and I have TOT FOR 10am and TSM for 11am. Can I book Soarin' for 2pm after I tap my Band to the touch point at Tower Of Terror?
You can have 2 Tier 1 at 2 different parks but I do not know if you can book the 2nd park's tier 1 before you scan in with the tier 1 at park 1. I have not personally tried that myself. I have done the scenario I mentioned where I tapped in with the tier 1 and then book a tier 1 at park 2 for later

Do all 3 FP's have to be used in the same park? For example, can I book Soarin, Flight of Passage and 7DMT or is it only 1 tier FP in the first set of 3 FP's even if you are doing different parks?

we do this all the time. i don't want to waste my time watching Indiana Jones for the millionth time when i can be on TOT. cast members are ok with it, never had a problem.

Maybe I'm missing something...but why wouldn't you just book 1 or 2 fastpasses for the rides you want to ride....or if you thought you wanted to ride the 3rd and now don't....just cancel the fastpass in your MDE..instead of tap and run

Do all 3 FP's have to be used in the same park? For example, can I book Soarin, Flight of Passage and 7DMT or is it only 1 tier FP in the first set of 3 FP's even if you are doing different parks?

They all have to be in the same park. Once you use the first 3 you an hop to another park.

Before you arrive, for each day of valid theme park admission, you can make up to 3 FastPass+ selections for a single park per day (depending on availability).

Use the First 3, Then Get More
Once you redeem your initial set of FastPass+ selections (or the last arrival window has passed), you can make another FastPass+ selection for the same day at an in-park kiosk or using your mobile device, up to park closing. After you redeem the additional FastPass+ pick, you can return to a kiosk to make more selections (one at a time).

If your ticket includes a Park Hopper Option, after you use your initial FastPass+ selections at the first park, you’ll be able to make additional FastPass+ selections (one at a time) at the second park you visit that day, up to park closing. Just visit a kiosk or using your mobile device to make the additional selections.

True. I wasn't thinking about ADDING another FP at park 1. I was thinking about still have a FP at park 1 to use.
So you can have booked in advance
Soarin'
MS
on the day you are in the park, use Soarin', pull up MDE, book a FP at HS for RnR to use after the MS FP
you can so this before you use your MS FP.

RIght. But one thing I'll have to try to see if it works is this...for example...

1. Soarin' 10am - no other FP+ booked
2. Tap at Soarin' at 10am
3. While waiting in Soarin' FP+ queue, pull up MDE and book TSMM for 7pm
4..Get off Soarin' pull up MDE and book Spaceship Earth for noon (since I'm still in Epcot)

Will the system let me do step 4? Or will it not let me do ANYTHING until I complete step 3...even though at that point I've only used one FP+ for the day. That wouldn't make sense to me, because then the system is confining you to just 2 FP+ for the day

Maybe I'm missing something...but why wouldn't you just book 1 or 2 fastpasses for the rides you want to ride....or if you thought you wanted to ride the 3rd and now don't....just cancel the fastpass in your MDE..instead of tap and run
It can cause issues when trying to book additional FP at that park when there are tiers

I'm finding it hard to get overly excited over someone who doesn't actually ride an attraction.

I would absolutely agree with you, Robo, if it didn't have an effect on other people being able to attain Fps who really wanted to use them. Not everyone gets to WDW multiple times. If a family, who scrimps and saves for a once-in-a-lifetime trip, would have loved to FP a particular ride, but can't because they've all be distributed for that day due to phantoms...that's just sad to me. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and that's just mine.

I would absolutely agree with you, Robo, if it didn't have an effect on other people being able to attain Fps who really wanted to use them. Not everyone gets to WDW multiple times. If a family, who scrimps and saves for a once-in-a-lifetime trip, would have loved to FP a particular ride, but can't because they've all be distributed for that day due to phantoms...that's just sad to me. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and that's just mine.
There are no phantoms, just legitimate people trying to dispose of an unwanted FP for Figment or Nemo. I doubt people tap and run for Soarin'.

This particular thread is discussing people using tap and run to use up one of the initial 3 FP they have to book using the 3 they are entitled to with their park admission.

RIght. But one thing I'll have to try to see if it works is this...for example...

1. Soarin' 10am - no other FP+ booked
2. Tap at Soarin' at 10am
3. While waiting in Soarin' FP+ queue, pull up MDE and book TSMM for 7pm
4..Get off Soarin' pull up MDE and book Spaceship Earth for noon (since I'm still in Epcot)

Will the system let me do step 4? Or will it not let me do ANYTHING until I complete step 3...even though at that point I've only used one FP+ for the day. That wouldn't make sense to me, because then the system is confining you to just 2 FP+ for the day
You can do Steps 1-4 above. They can even be for different parks. I've scanned for example at Soarin' and immediately booked for Space for the afternoon and then Fantasmic for the evening. You don't even have to wait until you get off Soarin' - just tap at the first Mickey and you can book whichever 2 remaining FPP's you want, other than Tier 1 restrictions in the first park (so at that point you couldn't book Test Track).

You can do Steps 1-4 above. They can even be for different parks. I've scanned for example at Soarin' and immediately booked for Space for the afternoon and then Fantasmic for the evening. You don't even have to wait until you get off Soarin' - just tap at the first Mickey and you can book whichever 2 remaining FPP's you want, other than Tier 1 restrictions in the first park (so at that point you couldn't book Test Track).
Do you know if you can do it the other way around? Can you book for F! and then book for Space? And since you have F! booked as your 3rd you can't book any 4th till after F!, right?

Also, you can scan and select your third even if you have a remaining (second) one in that park. If your scenario, you could have prebooked Soarin at 10 and SE at 12 and still booked TSMM for 7 as soon as you scanned at Soarin'. It also works if there's something in the middle - if you had prebooked Soarin at 10 and SE at 8pm, still as soon as you scanned at Soarin you could book TSMM for 7pm and it wouldn't cause you to lose the 8pm at SE (travel might be tight in that case but you get the theory - as long as the windows don't overlap).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter