That Smell... It Reminds me of...?

TheArtofDavidK

Finally Happily Ever After!
Hey there Boards and My fellow DISers:

So after getting a lot of great feedback on my "What's That I Smell" Post, it got me thinking:

1. What is your favorite scent from The World?

And...

2. What smell in your "Real World" reminds you of Disney?

Mine are

1. The smell of Main Street USA the smell of sweet cookies and flowers.

And

2. Pineapple, reminds me of a Dolewhip. Having that fantastic treat while watching the "Celebrate Today" Parade in MK, standing right next to the "Partners" Statue in front of Cinderella's Castle. One of my favorite moments from my first "Official Trip" to the World.

So whats Yours?
:wizard:
:cloud9:
:rainbow:

The aroma of Laila perfume that permeates the Norway pavilion always reminds me of WDW:lovestruc

So after getting a lot of great feedback on my "What's That I Smell" Post, it got me thinking:

And...

1. Popcorn as you enter MK
2. My Laila and Dior perfume

And...

Fun question. LOL

My favorite smell is at the MK. On one of the walkways there is a small area overlooking the castle where you can smell jasmine flowers. I look forward to this every time we go! LOL

My real world smell reminding me of Disney is...and this is odd, I know.....
bus exhaust. :rotfl:
The smell of bus exhaust at home actually makes me happy. :laughing:

1. The candy shop on Main Street (I don't know the official name of it) - my first trip ever to the World I got chocolate covered marshmallows there and I will never forget that smell.

2. At my old job, we had this coffee/hot chocolate machine and anytime I made hot chocolate with caramel, the cup smelled just like the candy shop. MMM - I used to drink a cup at least once a week just to get my Disney smell-fix!

I love the smell of the Grand Canyon Concourse. It reminds me of my childhood and many great memories at WDW :thumbsup2

The smell of green peppers reminds me of the entrance to Adventurland.

My favorite smell at the World is the jasmine in line at Expedition Everest. :goodvibes
My smell at home is Laila that I bought on my last trip.:lovestruc

The smell in the lobby of the GF...smells so good.

I guess the one that reminds me of WDW when Im at home is the smell of me making chocolate chip cookies....the smell of Main Street Bakery. yum!

My fave scent from the world is in Phillarmagic, the Be Our Guest scene when the food comes up :lovestruc

Also, Main Street smells lovely :goodvibes x

Favorite smell - POTC

I work in an aircraft hangar and about once a week there is a smell that reminds me of Rome burning on SE. LOVE it!

The smell of the lobby at the Polynesian.

My smell at home would be... Sun screen, strange I know.

The aroma of Laila perfume that permeates the Norway pavilion always reminds me of WDW:lovestruc

My mom has to get this every time we go. I told her she could order it online and she says it's not the same. Also the guy who made it was there last time we went and he rubbed lotion on my mom's hands for like 15 minutes while he was talking to her. I thought she was never going to leave him! I think I have to hear that story at least once a week, my poor dad!

I also think the smell of bandaids reminds me of the monorail. ;)

Love the smell in the GCH at the Poly, it's so comforting to me, love it.
love Main street, the scent there, is just ahhhhhh.

At home if I cook smoked back bacon (is it called canadian bacon in the US?) it reminds us all of rome burning on SE. lol

What a great thread.

My favorite smells: walking down Main Street & the Typhoon Lagoon smell - i can't describe it, but i totally love it. :lovestruc

I'm sorry to say that I have nothing that reminds me of these smells.
Maybe my Miss Dior Cherie parfume reminds me a bit, but it's not the same.

I think one of my other favorite smells is from Soarin' and the smell they pump in when your going over the pine trees near in the river scene. I have a candle from yankee candle that is called mountain pine that is very close. Not only does it remind me of Disney but it reminds me of my trip last year to Acadia National Park in Maine.:love:

First trip where my children were old enough to fully understand everything. We walked through the Castle at MK and my son (7) grabs my hand and asks me to stop. My wife and I paused and looked at my son, who was standing there with his eyes closed. I asked him what was the matter and hes says, Dad, the smells are magical.
That was my fondest memory of Disney to date.

POTC

Laila Perfume

I brought a B&BW room spray to our cabin our first trip and now when I spray at home it reminds me of Disney :lovestruc

First trip where my children were old enough to fully understand everything. We walked through the Castle at MK and my son (7) grabs my hand and asks me to stop. My wife and I paused and looked at my son, who was standing there with his eyes closed. I asked him what was the matter and hes says, Dad, the smells are magical.
That was my fondest memory of Disney to date.

That is so cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter