The 5 foods you miss when you get home from the USA

australiankaren

I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DV
Ok, since we all seem preoccupied with food at the moment I thought I'd ask the question...

what do you crave when you get home......

me...

1.Diet coke, unlimited refills
2.WDW velvet cupcakes
3.The burgers
4.Hershey bars..the jumbo sizes
5.The fries with the burgers

:crowded: so sad now...........

You are going to make me hungry...

1. Pomegranate Lemonade on tap from Disney
2. NY Bagels - with a wither the lox and cream cheese or the strawberry cream cheese
3. Snapple
4. Goldfish in the 'Smore flavours - we have one packet left
4. NY vendor Hot Dogs

My DD's list:
1. Goldfish
2. Lucky Charms
3. Baby Carrots
4. Peeps
5. Dr. Browns Creaming Soda

In no particular order

Bagels with Strawberry cream cheese
white fudge flipz
cookies and cream Hershey bar
Miami Vice cocktail - half frozen daiquiri half pinacolada
salt and vinegar pringles - I know we can get them here but nowhere near as cheap

1. Definitely the burgers....I've gone vegetarian now, but man I love their burgers.

2. Did I mention the burgers?

3. Applebees Mozzerella sticks (I think it's a good thing we can't have these too often)

4. American Lemonade (DH misses this the most)

5. General grocery items that we can't get here, funfetti cake mix, jello etc.

I know this isn't a food item, but I miss Cracker Barrel restaurant too. wahhh must go backkk nowww...lolll

I want to change mine

I want to add white choc m&ms even though they were only exclusive to target for easter I crave them

and cream cheese in sushi - strange at first but now I miss it

ooohhhhh i forgot...
$2 all you can eat pancakes at denny's or is it $4...anyway.....yummo, a bit sickening, but yummo

i have to confess I havent been to IHOP...but my DH LOVES taco bell...we had 4 tacos plus drinks for $8.73 and he is hooked :rotfl: and they were yummo..oh and did i mention cheap...

so for our feb DLR trip i have promised taco bell...:crazy2:I think there isnt one local near WDW..

i have to confess I havent been to IHOP...but my DH LOVES taco bell...we had 4 tacos plus drinks for $8.73 and he is hooked :rotfl: and they were yummo..oh and did i mention cheap...

so for our feb DLR trip i have promised taco bell...:crazy2:I think there isnt one local near WDW..

Ihop reminded me a lot of pancakes on the rocks, it was good for the price but I wouldn't race back in a hurry

Well you must try it Karen. And Cracker Barrel too :thumbsup2

When we first went to America all we wanted to try was Taco Bell. I got over it pretty fast but DH and DD still love it. I couldn't get over how cheap it was though.

Well you must try it Karen. And Cracker Barrel too :thumbsup2

When we first went to America all we wanted to try was Taco Bell. I got over it pretty fast but DH and DD still love it. I couldn't get over how cheap it was though.

did cracker barrel.....was nice but .........wansnt fussed:confused3
want to try cheescake factory like on Big Bang theory:happytv:

1 churros from DL/WDW/uni studios
2 lucky charms breakfast cereal
3 lemonade on tap at DL/WDW
4 twinkies-particularly the Twinkie shake in las Vegas at the BLT restaraunt at the mirage
5 Texas BBQ anything ( ribs/ chicken / steak/ pulled pork/ fish)

1. Goldfish
2. Root beer floats
3. Mexican from taco carts in California
4. Cheesecake factory
5 all the great ice cream flavors for cheap instead of the mortgage-your-house prices we pay here

Ahhh Taco Bell :cloud9: Our whole family loves it and it's such a affordable way to feed our family of five for a meal whilst on holiday in the U.S. I know it's junky but hey we're on holiday! Before we went to Orlando, I even researched where the local Taco Bell's were so that we could find them once we had our rental car!! :rotfl2: The nearest to WDW is in the food hall in the Premium Outlets nearest WDW. The nearest to Universal is a stand alone store located very near the other Premium Outlets up that way. Hence factory shopping + Taco Bell = :woohoo:

did cracker barrel.....was nice but .........wansnt fussed:confused3
want to try cheescake factory like on Big Bang theory:happytv:

Yeah, we had a pretty dismal meal at Cracker Barrel but I think that we may have just picked badly? We might try them again sometime. We like Applebees though and hope to try The Cheesecake Factory this time ( hoping to run into Sheldon and the boys :rotfl:)

We miss

1. Hot Tamales (me)
2. Buffalo Wings ( me and DH)
3. Clam chowder , preferably from Boston! ( me)
4. Disney churros ( me and DS)
5. Root beer (DH and DS)
6. Gumbo (DH)

Andona

PF Changs - (specifically the Lettuce Cups but love everything I've had there)
Cheesecake Factory - (specifically the Godiva Cheesecake and Linda's Fudge cake)
Volcano at Rainforest Cafe (can you see a dessert pattern forming)
American Brownies (with warm chocolate fudge)
Chocolate thick shakes (They seem to be just melted rich chocolate ice cream)
Loaded Potato Soup (Carnation Cafe Disneyland)
and Burgers

That's 7, oh well, I can't count :rotfl:

There's not a huge amount on my list, because my stomach can't handle too much high fructose corn syrup, and that's in pretty much everything :confused3

Anyhoo -

Ben & Jerry's ice cream
Churros
Marshmallow in a jar
The mince meat that goes into burgers (just seems so much nicer then our mince meat... :confused:)
Ketchup

Broccoli pizza from a dodgy looking place in NY near the Empire State
Snickerdoodles - they're just not the same when I make them
Chilli in a sourdough bowl
The Disney version of turtles
Corn dogs

Oh dear, have just eaten en entire bag of sweet/salty popcorn while reading this thread.....

I had a little fix a few weeks back. I had some tootsie rolls sent over :)

I miss main St. popcorn.

The SMELL of waffles in the pop centry at the food court at breakfast.

Choc chip pan pancakes

Brownies

The creamy milk. ( Tastes better than ours )

Dining at the RED LOBSTER.

Strawberry fanta

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter