The 5 foods you miss when you get home from the USA

I also forgot that Diser's other than Australians or New Zealanders' may drop by - if you are from one of those far away lands, yes the beer is cold, but we don't drink Fosters! (as much as those advertising people in the States want you to believe we do).

Fosters? Bleugh LOL

Hilton hotel, LAX airport , @ bar, standard hamburger.....I died and went to heaven:cloud9:

I could really go a piece of Godiva cheesecake now, after I have just had some lettuce cups from PF Changs

DSC03570.jpg

menu_Cheesecake_GodivaChoco.jpg

:faint:

So true! Ironically though, the very best meal I ate in Switzerland was in an Italian restaurant - best risotto I have ever tasted. :lovestruc

but I have to say the best steak that ever passed my lips was in a little restaurant in Gardiner, Wyoming ( just outside Yellowstone, NP) It was to die for! :cloud9:

Andona

:lmao: Yes! My favourite restaurant in Hong Kong is a Swiss restaurant! Most amazing swiss food. You'd think it would be an asian dish in HK :rotfl2:

5 guys hamburgers - has anyone else tried these?

Yep, our friends from Florida told us we had to try 5 guys when we went there. We loved them, but holy cow, they are huge.

Have any of you been to Olive Garden? We had it in PA and loved it but we weren't fussed at the one in Orlando.

I went to Olive Garden once wasn't overly impressed. I found the cheesecake factory and applebees much better for food.

I miss:

Carl's Jnr
Cheesy Hoagie fries from Hoagieville in Missoula
Churros from DL
Baja Fresh.
:sad:

I do NOT miss the HFCS everything else and I do not miss American bread - way too sweet for my taste. :(

Oh, I also miss my aunty's friend's Christmas Crack from Christmas Day. Don't replicate it at home with Salada - use Premiums.

Hi all :wave2: I lurk from time to time but I just had to reply to this. 5 months out from our last trip (and not another trip in sight :sad:) we still dream about the food.

The girls list would be:

1. Butterbeer
2. Dole whip
3. 1 kg bags of red vines from Walmart
4. Pringles (sooo cheap)
5. Shaved Ice

My List
Not having to cook!!!!! ie-
1.Bubba Gumps
2.Cheesecake Factory
3.California Pizza Kitchen
4.Taorima in Waikiki
5.Disney Dining Plan

oh, I forget we get usa visitors on this site..so WELCOME Down Under....where the beer is cold and the people are simple but friendly folks...

**! Who are you calling simple!?! :duck:

I do NOT miss the HFCS everything else and I do not miss American bread - way too sweet for my taste. :(

Same! ::yes:: However I find bread rolls are much better then just sliced bread, so I try and have them instead.

Oh, I also miss my aunty's friend's Christmas Crack from Christmas Day.

Christmas Crack? :scratchin hmmm, I think you have different Christmas traditions compared to us... :rotfl2:

For those that are members - OzSale are currently selling pop tarts, reeces pieces, different flavoured fanta and lots of other goodies in a sale that is due to finish on Friday.

If you want to become a member PM me your email address and I'll send you an invite :goodvibes

**! Who are you calling simple!?! :duck:

Same! ::yes:: However I find bread rolls are much better then just sliced bread, so I try and have them instead.

Christmas Crack? :scratchin hmmm, I think you have different Christmas traditions compared to us... :rotfl2:

but we are simple folk..we know what we like.....no pretentions here!:clown::drive:

re christmas crack......do you now think this board needs a moderator :stir:

I even thought the rolls at Subway were awful. I was hankering for a ham and salad roll and ended up throwing away the bread. Bread from a bakery was much nicer than the supermarket stuff, then again, I make my own bread or get it from Brumby's so I'm not used to the processed stuff.

Oh gosh! Re-reading what I wrote makes it sound rather criminal, doesn't it! Google Christmas Crack and you'll love it if you make it (don't go for the ones that are topped in bacon - yuck!) - and yes, it is addictive :hippie:

but we are simple folk..we know what we like.....no pretentions here!:clown::drive:

re christmas crack......do you now think this board needs a moderator :stir:

:hippie:

Try it. It's great! Moderator, mmm, interesting....

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=283916.0

This isn't the recipe I have but it's similar. I crush up peppermint crisp and add it to the top of the chocolate, or just chuck on some 100's and 1000's. I've seen recipes with bacon pieces but yuck :scared1:

How did I miss this???
Now, what food do I miss??

In no particular order:
Walmart choc chip cookies - so yummy!!!
Ghiradelli caramel chocolate! I get everyone going to the US to buy me some!!
Plates of food so big you have to share..!!
Coffee from the coffee bar at the Flamingo, Las Vegas! Best coffee I've had in the US.
Beaches and Cream sundae!! Yummmmm!!!

Karen - there are a couple of Taco Bell's close to WDW. If you have a car (and I vaguely remember something about a clown car??!!! :rotfl:), there is one in Crossroads shopping centre, in Lake Buena Vista, near the Downtown Disney entrance to WDW property. Plus a couple in Kissimmee, on the 192. Closest exit to WDW property is near AK.

Re the sweet bread - I hate the bread because it it so sweet, but I buy sourdough bread now, and that seems to be much better.

I have made note of a few of these things to try next time!! There are so many choices!!

Re the sweet bread - I hate the bread because it it so sweet, but I buy sourdough bread now, and that seems to be much better.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the bread either. Maybe that's one reason I lose weight over there ;)

Oh I feel like I missed a whole lot.

Our first week I was so terribly jetlagged I had no appetite - :sad1: So I missed all those snacks that everyone raves about - we used most of our snack credits on coke. Although I do miss free dining in general.

Our second week was on a cruise, so heaps of food there, but not the brands that everyone is talking about.

Will have to go back to eat more!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter