The 5 foods you miss when you get home from the USA

How did I miss this???
Now, what food do I miss??

In no particular order:
Walmart choc chip cookies - so yummy!!!
Ghiradelli caramel chocolate! I get everyone going to the US to buy me some!!
Plates of food so big you have to share..!!
Coffee from the coffee bar at the Flamingo, Las Vegas! Best coffee I've had in the US.
Beaches and Cream sundae!! Yummmmm!!!

Karen - there are a couple of Taco Bell's close to WDW. If you have a car (and I vaguely remember something about a clown car??!!! :rotfl:), there is one in Crossroads shopping centre, in Lake Buena Vista, near the Downtown Disney entrance to WDW property. Plus a couple in Kissimmee, on the 192. Closest exit to WDW property is near AK.

Re the sweet bread - I hate the bread because it it so sweet, but I buy sourdough bread now, and that seems to be much better.

I have made note of a few of these things to try next time!! There are so many choices!!

ahh the clown car...good times

anyway, thanks for the taco bell info, wil def take him there a few times...its the little things that count...do they have breakfast items at taco bell???

i like the bread...because its so sweet...an interesting bread is at Aulani..its yellow but tastes yummo

I've never actually eaten at Taco Bell, so I'm not sure about the breakfast foods! Google might be your best friend there!!! I guess I must try it - I have gone past it a few times, but never been in!! Looks like that will be on my list as well for October! ::yes::

I am not from Australia... but when I came across this thread when browsing "New Posts" I just couldn't stop myself ;)

1) Lemonade, lemonade and oh lemonade
2) Bob Evans' Open faced roastbeef with a side of mashed potatoes and a garden salad (with lemonade... of course)
3) Wendy's Spicy chicken sandwich, no tomato, extra ketchup
4) Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream (or maybe Rocky Road?)
5) Decent Mexican food (which ties with Panera Bread, The Cheesecake Factory and The Cracker Barrel)

I think I'd be willing to bet that waistlines and # of people with high cholesterol are both much smaller #s than we have in the states! :rotfl:

I live here and I love the Cheesecake Factory - but those portions are out of control big!

You'd also be surprised because each state is different. Florida has to have the most fast food restaurants I've ever come across. I'd never even heard of Bob Evans before!

ahhhhh....comfort food for this cold weather

what I'd give for a le cellier steak right about now.....with maple syrup glaze followed by smores.........yummooooo

funnel cakes with icing sugar

strawberry yeast donuts with coffee

mickey waffles with maple syrup and a hug from pooh bear at crystal palace..

Those waffles sound goooood!!!!! Plus the Pooh bear hug, of course!! :hug: Too cold here for ice cream!!! :sad2:

Can't believe I missed this thread, either !

I don't miss many individual foods, as we've been ordering from usafoods for years, but we do miss...

Churros,
Beignets,
The Cheesecake Factory (specifically the bread),
Pop Tarts (can't be imported anymore),
Yogurtland.

Just returned to Oz last week

The five food things will be
1. 5 Guys Hamburgers
2. Nite @ Senor Frogs- great food & entertainment(Mexican/American meals)
3. Ribs @ Sante Fe Steakhouse(orlando) Ribs@ Virgils in NY
4. Earl of Sandwich -a blessing after the crap they serve@WDW parks
5. wife will miss $1.87 frozen Margaritas from Walmart - variety of flavours available
Also tried Gator,turtle, frogs legs& catfish @ The Catfish Place- old fashion fry up-Ok experience
Rgds
Slugguts

Just returned to Oz last week

The five food things will be
1. 5 Guys Hamburgers
2. Nite @ Senor Frogs- great food & entertainment(Mexican/American meals)
3. Ribs @ Sante Fe Steakhouse(orlando) Ribs@ Virgils in NY
4. Earl of Sandwich -a blessing after the crap they serve@WDW parks
5. wife will miss $1.87 frozen Margaritas from Walmart - variety of flavours available
Also tried Gator,turtle, frogs legs& catfish @ The Catfish Place- old fashion fry up-Ok experience
Rgds
Slugguts

tell us more re the frozen margaritas :upsidedow

I don't miss much yet. I've only been back 11 days and still have a stockpile of snacks! Ghiradelli caramel chocolate and pretzel m&ms.

I already miss Taco Bell. 10 tacos for $10, sooo good!

KAREN, I feel like yelling.....How can you like that sweet bread?? You cannot have Vegemite toast on that bread. :crazy2:

I have eaten Vegemite on toast (real toast) for breakfast every day I have been back!

The frozen margaritas were in the freezer section of Walmart store.
They are wine based but wife liked the taste- reckons they tasted like the real ones.We were in orlando for 3weeks and always were restocking each time we went to Walmart.
Available in strawberry, lemonade, original marg mix, also pina colada etc

We also found Disney souvenirs cheap in walmart-good saver when you want to buy extended family members a prezzie
rgds
slugguts

thanks for that...now def going to walmart for some yummy cheap goodness, and with taco bell, we're all sorted:wave2:

Just down at Aldi and noticed in next weeks catalog it is America week. Lots of sauce, rub spices and candy (Reese's and Hershey's ). Be interesting to see if it is any good when it goes on display next week.

Also saw lots of American candy at my local iga - pretzel m&m, Reese's ....yum!

Just down at Aldi and noticed in next weeks catalog it is America week. Lots of sauce, rub spices and candy (Reese's and Hershey's ). Be interesting to see if it is any good when it goes on display next week.

Also saw lots of American candy at my local iga - pretzel m&m, Reese's ....yum!

just saw the aldi catalogue......starts 20th june......looks like lots of yummy niceness...plus they have some great kids toys if your interested. Saw a snow board there tonight plus all the other gear:rotfl2:

oh and yes, i love the sweet bread, reminds me of the asian bakery bread....

lollyworld.com.au are having a sale on their us food until july 4th

I'm off to costco next week,my first time....we'll see what selection they have:banana:

We had a new store open in Penrith this week - my kids tell me they are going to spend all there money there and I cant stop them! :eek:

:yay::yay::yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter