The all New *OFFICIAL JUNE* 2011 thread! Some like it hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yippee!!! We're down to less than 2 weeks to go! When we planned our trip in February we invited a young woman who is a very dear friend - almost like a second daughter - to go with us. We included her in everything - resort package, ADR's, travel plans.

The difficulty is that she works in the television and film industry and her work schedule is erratic. We knew she would come with us if she could but if an opportunity came to work on a film she'd need to take it. She's been working for years at PA jobs trying to get enough hours to get into the DGA.

Anyway - we just got a call today that she is for SURE going to be coming with us! She's been able to work fairly steadily since her regular job shut down for the season so she has enough money saved to live off of for a few months. And no good offers have come her way yet so next Sunday she'll be flying here so we can all drive to WDW on June 2nd!

We're so excited! We love her so much - my youngest DS only recently figured out that her last name wasn't the same as ours! She's always been such a large part of our lives. It just seems right that she'll be able to be with us on our "Once In A Lifetime Family Vacation!"

That is so great! The more people you have with you that are wagging their tails THE BETTER!!!
Woo Hoo!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

~MM

1) If you only had one day, would you rather MK or Epcot? Magic Kingdom

2) If you wanted to see most of the main characters at a character meal would you rather Chef Mickey or Tusker House? Chef Mickey's

3) If you could only stay at one of these hotels would you rather Grand Floridian or Wilderness Lodge? Grand Floridian

4) If you could only stay at one of these hotels would you rather Carribbean Beach Resort or POP? Caribbean Beach Resort

5) Mickey Ice Cream Bar or Mickey Shaped Rice Krispie Treat? Mickey Ice Cream Bar

6) If money was not an issue, would you rather fly or drive? Drive

7) Would you rather go to Disney for Food and Wine or Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party? Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

8) Would you rather EMH in the morning or EMH at night? Morning

9) If you could only ride one, Test Track or Soarin? Test Track

10) If you could only ride one, Expedition Everest or Dinosaur? Dinosaur

11) If you could only ride one, Tower of Terror or Toy Story Mania? Tower of Terror

12) If you could only ride one, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad or Space Mountain? Space Mountain

13) Would you rather go to CRT or Akershus to see princesses? CRT

14) If you could only see one, would you rather see Wishes or see Illuminations? Wishes

15) Monorail ride or Ferry Boat Ride to MK (if you had to choose)? Monorail

Here's my mini-schedule:

June 18: Epcot

June 19: Animal Kingdom

June 20: Hollywood Studios

June 21 : Magic Kingdom

June 22: Universal Studios

June 23: Islands of Adventure

June 24: Shop at downtown Disney and come home

:goodvibes

2) If you wanted to see most of the main characters at a character meal would you rather Chef Mickey or Tusker House? Chef Mickey's
3) If you could only stay at one of these hotels would you rather Grand Floridian or Wilderness Lodge? Wilderness Lodge
4) If you could only stay at one of these hotels would you rather Carribbean Beach Resort or POP? Caribbean Beach Resort
5) Mickey Ice Cream Bar or Mickey Shaped Rice Krispie Treat? Mickey Ice Cream Bar
6) If money was not an issue, would you rather fly or drive? Fly
7) Would you rather go to Disney for Food and Wine or Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party? Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
8) Would you rather EMH in the morning or EMH at night? Morning

9) If you could only ride one, Test Track or Soarin? Soarin
10) If you could only ride one, Expedition Everest or Dinosaur? Expedition Everest
11) If you could only ride one, Tower of Terror or Toy Story Mania? Tower of Terror

12) If you could only ride one, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad or Space Mountain? Space Mountain

14) If you could only see one, would you rather see Wishes or see Illuminations? Wishes

my mini-schedule (as of right now, I keep changing my mind and ADR's):

June 8-arrive at MCO 10:37, MK in the evening (Crystal Palace 6:15)
June 9- AK in the a.m., Epcot in the evening (Garden Grill at 4pm)
June 10- DHS all day, SWW (Sci-Fi 1:10)
June 11-(7:30am Ohana breakfast), this day is open for whatever we want to do or in case something was rained out
June 12- Epcot in the morning, (12:10 Le Cellier), MK in the evening(Wishes Dessert Party)
June 13- pick up rental car then head over to MK in the morning and finish up at DHS
June 14- Kennedy Space Center
June 15-fly back to Philly

Yippee!!! We're down to less than 2 weeks to go! When we planned our trip in February we invited a young woman who is a very dear friend - almost like a second daughter - to go with us. We included her in everything - resort package, ADR's, travel plans.

The difficulty is that she works in the television and film industry and her work schedule is erratic. We knew she would come with us if she could but if an opportunity came to work on a film she'd need to take it. She's been working for years at PA jobs trying to get enough hours to get into the DGA.

Anyway - we just got a call today that she is for SURE going to be coming with us! She's been able to work fairly steadily since her regular job shut down for the season so she has enough money saved to live off of for a few months. And no good offers have come her way yet so next Sunday she'll be flying here so we can all drive to WDW on June 2nd!

We're so excited! We love her so much - my youngest DS only recently figured out that her last name wasn't the same as ours! She's always been such a large part of our lives. It just seems right that she'll be able to be with us on our "Once In A Lifetime Family Vacation!"

:wizard: that's exciting! Glad she's going to be able to go with you! :thumbsup2

Any chance I can talk you into creating a cute little key card-sized brief list of the photos we're going to be taking (that I can slip into my lanyard ID holder) while I'm on property?? :goodvibes

that's a great idea! If someone wants to do that I would appreciate it too! :worship:

1) If you only had one day, would you rather MK or Epcot?

2) If you wanted to see most of the main characters at a character meal would you rather Chef Mickey or Tusker House?

3) If you could only stay at one of these hotels would you rather Grand Floridian or Wilderness Lodge?

4) If you could only stay at one of these hotels would you rather Carribbean Beach Resort or POP?

5) Mickey Ice Cream Bar or Mickey Shaped Rice Krispie Treat?

6) If money was not an issue, would you rather fly or drive?

7) Would you rather go to Disney for Food and Wine or Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party?

8) Would you rather EMH in the morning or EMH at night?

9) If you could only ride one, Test Track or Soarin?

10) If you could only ride one, Expedition Everest or Dinosaur?

11) If you could only ride one, Tower of Terror or Toy Story Mania?

12) If you could only ride one, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad or Space Mountain?

13) Would you rather go to CRT or Akershus to see princesses?

14) If you could only see one, would you rather see Wishes or see Illuminations?

15) Monorail ride or Ferry Boat Ride to MK (if you had to choose)?

Our Plans:

June 2: Leave house at 5:15AM, arrive AKL-Jambo before 6:30AM, EMH at MK 8AM, Bus to AK 1PM, back at AKL 5PM

June 3: EPCOT EMH 8am, back at AKL 4PM

June 4: RESORT DAY, MK night

June 5: Check out AKL, Afternoon @ DTD, Check in PBH (Universal)

June 6: IOA early entry, resort by lunch

June 7: RESORT DAY, City Walk dinner

June 8: US/IOA or Sea World

June 9: Check out day (probably US 1/2 day, then home)

.1) If you only had one day, would you rather MK or Epcot?
Magic Kingdom

2) If you wanted to see most of the main characters at a character meal would you rather Chef Mickey or Tusker House?
Chef Mickey

3) If you could only stay at one of these hotels would you rather Grand Floridian or Wilderness Lodge?
Grand Floridian. I live in Utah next to a mountain--more than enough wilderness for me.

4) If you could only stay at one of these hotels would you rather Carribbean Beach Resort or POP?
Carribbean Beach

5) Mickey Ice Cream Bar or Mickey Shaped Rice Krispie Treat?
Rice Krispie Treat with chocolate on the ears--Yum!

6) If money was not an issue, would you rather fly or drive?
I"d still drive

7) Would you rather go to Disney for Food and Wine or Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party?
Halloween Party!!!

8) Would you rather EMH in the morning or EMH at night?
Morning because I'm a morning person

9) If you could only ride one, Test Track or Soarin?
Test Track. I can ride Soarin' at Disneyland.

10) If you could only ride one, Expedition Everest or Dinosaur?
I didn't like Dinosaur and have never ridden Expedition because I'm a chicken.

11) If you could only ride one, Tower of Terror or Toy Story Mania?
Toy Story Mania

12) If you could only ride one, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad or Space Mountain?
Big Thunder Mountain

13) Would you rather go to CRT or Akershus to see princesses?
CRT

14) If you could only see one, would you rather see Wishes or see Illuminations?
Wishes

15) Monorail ride or Ferry Boat Ride to MK (if you had to choose)?
Monorail

Friday Night Questions....
3) If you could only stay at one of these hotels would you rather Grand Floridian or Wilderness Lodge? Wilderness Lodge
6) If money was not an issue, would you rather fly or drive? Drive
8) Would you rather EMH in the morning or EMH at night? Morning9) If you could only ride one, Test Track or Soarin? Test Track
10) If you could only ride one, Expedition Everest or Dinosaur? Dinosaur

I am in for the Photo Safari, sounds like fun!:cool1:

Here is our mini-schedule:
June 10th - Leave after I get home from work, hoping to get out or work around 3pm. Drive through NC & SC to Georgia. Spending the night.
June 11th - Checking into the Orlando Hilton for two days. Enjoying the pool and RELAXING before Disney.
June 12th - Sea World, Aquatica or Harry Potter...or another pool day at the hotel. Going to check out Universal's version of DTD for dinner.
June 13th - Checking into POFQ -Magic Kingdom
June 14th - ?
June 15th - ? 7:15 ADR at Crystal Palace
June 16th - ?
June 17th - ? 6:50 ADR at Chef Mickeys
June 18th - ?
June 19th - ? 6:40 ADR at The Garden Grill
June 20th - ? 7:10 ADR at O'hana
June 21st - ?
June 22nd - ?
June 23rd - checking out of POFQ and driving home

Our plan is to have no plan. This is the 1st trip with ADR. I'm glad for Park Hopper passes so we can always go back and do something.

I went to our mall this morning. Found some cute girls Disney t-shirts at JC Pennys. They also had some tank tops for 3.99 as well. Had to restock DH Tar Heel t-shirts for the trip. Trying to figure out how soon is too soon to pack.

Hi all!

Here is our mini itinerary..

Saturday June 18th... get married!!! :bride:

Monday 20th - fly to Orlando, one night at Kidani Village - studio with savannah view

Tuesday 21st - breakfast at Boma, then transfer to Port Canaveral & board the Disney Dream ship

Wednesday 22nd - day at Castaway Cay, afternoon spa appointment

Thursday 23rd - day at sea, dinner at Palo

Friday 24th - day at Nassau, Dolphin Encounter.. pirate night pirate:
Saturday 25th - day at Castaway Cay, snorkel excursion.. dinner at Remy

Sunday 26th - disembark ship, transfer to Grand Floridian, main building concierge level! :cloud9:.. dinner at Citricos, dessert party at Magic Kingdom

Monday 27th - dinner at Nine Dragons (and Disney Florist is going to add some pixie dust to our room while we're out!)

Tuesday 28th - couples' massage at GF spa, dinner at V&A's

Wednesday 29th - private photo pass session, dinner at California Grill

Thursday 30th - dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse

Friday 1st - Segway Tour at Epcot, dinner at 'Ohana, Wishes Fireworks Cruise

Saturday 2nd - dinner at Le Cellier

Sunday 3rd - breakfast at Crystal Palace.. fly home in the evening :sad1:

For the first time ever.. we've not planned our park days!!!:eek: As this is our honeymoon, we're just going to go with flow.. probably get to the parks for rope drops but then head back to the Grand Floridian by lunchtime to relax - this will be our first cruise too and we're soooo excited about being onboard the Dream!!

30 days to go.......

Emma princess: x

Guess what came today Mickey Mail!!!!

93d1a781.jpg

2) If you wanted to see most of the main characters at a character meal would you rather Chef Mickey or Tusker House? Chef Mickey's brrakfast just because we never seem to make it to this. But I have done Tusker House and really liked it.

3) If you could only stay at one of these hotels would you rather Grand Floridian or Wilderness Lodge? DH would say Wilderness Lodge, I would say GF

4) If you could only stay at one of these hotels would you rather Carribbean Beach Resort or POP? Carribbean Beach

6) If money was not an issue, would you rather fly or drive? Fly

7) Would you rather go to Disney for Food and Wine or Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party? Food and Wine with DH. I'm not that into Halloween (now, Christmas is a whole other story!)

8) Would you rather EMH in the morning or EMH at night? Night! I can't wait to stay in the parks all night with the kids

9) If you could only ride one, Test Track or Soarin? Test Track

10) If you could only ride one, Expedition Everest or Dinosaur? Expedition Everest

15) Monorail ride or Ferry Boat Ride to MK (if you had to choose)? Monorail ride[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter