The all New *OFFICIAL JUNE* 2011 thread! Some like it hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday 6/11-leave at 5:00am for 8:50am flight. arrive at MCO @ 11:07am. take ME and check into POR. get lunch and either swim or go to Epcot. Dinner Resv @ Coral Reef and watch Illuminations.

Sunday 6/12-DHS for rope drop and Star Wars Weekends!! Spend all day at DHS and if we are not too tired, catch Fantasmic.

Monday 6/13- breakfast @ Crystal Palace and spend morning in MK. back to resort in the afternoon for break. maybe evening emh at DHS.

Tuesday 6/14-possibly AK or Epcot day. dinner @Whispering Canyon and maybe check out Chip and Dale's sing along or check out boardwalk or DTD.

Wednesday 6/15-Breakfast @ H&V and lunch at Sci-Fi. spend most of the day at DHS and do everything we didn't do during SWW. DH and I have date night for our anniversary and have reservations for Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party.

Thursday 6/16- breakfast @ chef mickeys and then either go to MK, AK, or Epcot. evening do DTD or boardwalk.

Friday 6/17- Epcot or AK in the morning. Pack in the afternoon. Dinner @ Ohana and watch electric water parade. go to MK for evening EMH and shut down MK. (It's open until 3 AM.)

Saturday 6/18- sleep as long as we can. possibly swim or go to DTD before ME picks us up for airport for flight @ 6:35.

1) If you only had one day, would you rather MK or Epcot? Magic Kingdom

2) If you wanted to see most of the main characters at a character meal would you rather Chef Mickey or Tusker House? Tusker House hand's down. The food at Chef Mickey's will keep me going to TH to see our characters. (And Daisy is there!!)

3) If you could only stay at one of these hotels would you rather Grand Floridian or Wilderness Lodge? Grand Floridian

4) If you could only stay at one of these hotels would you rather Carribbean Beach Resort or POP? POP!!! LOVE it!!!

5) Mickey Ice Cream Bar or Mickey Shaped Rice Krispie Treat? Mickey Ice Cream Bar

6) If money was not an issue, would you rather fly or drive? Fly

7) Would you rather go to Disney for Food and Wine or Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party? Food and Wine

8) Would you rather EMH in the morning or EMH at night? Morning I have small children though. Ask me this in about 10 years and I'll probably say Evening...

9) If you could only ride one, Test Track or Soarin? Soarin

10) If you could only ride one, Expedition Everest or Dinosaur? EE

11) If you could only ride one, Tower of Terror or Toy Story Mania? TSM

12) If you could only ride one, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad or Space Mountain? BTMRR

13) Would you rather go to CRT or Akershus to see princesses? CRT

14) If you could only see one, would you rather see Wishes or see Illuminations? Wishes

15) Monorail ride or Ferry Boat Ride to MK (if you had to choose)? Monorail

Yippee!!! We're down to less than 2 weeks to go! When we planned our trip in February we invited a young woman who is a very dear friend - almost like a second daughter - to go with us. We included her in everything - resort package, ADR's, travel plans.

The difficulty is that she works in the television and film industry and her work schedule is erratic. We knew she would come with us if she could but if an opportunity came to work on a film she'd need to take it. She's been working for years at PA jobs trying to get enough hours to get into the DGA.

Anyway - we just got a call today that she is for SURE going to be coming with us! She's been able to work fairly steadily since her regular job shut down for the season so she has enough money saved to live off of for a few months. And no good offers have come her way yet so next Sunday she'll be flying here so we can all drive to WDW on June 2nd!

We're so excited! We love her so much - my youngest DS only recently figured out that her last name wasn't the same as ours! She's always been such a large part of our lives. It just seems right that she'll be able to be with us on our "Once In A Lifetime Family Vacation!"

That's wonderful news. :cheer2: Hope you all have a Fantastic time!:thumbsup2

Just released.. Our Disdad podcast "the great dining debate" we discuss dinng plans our opinions on each one and "is it a value" I give a brief Pre-trip report of our up coming trip to the "poly" .

DisDads podcast

If you are a DisDad that is crazy about all things Disney come over and join our DisDads forum! DisDads forum:thumbsup2

Thanks! I Plan on tuning in to get the skinny on the dining plan from the Dis Dads!

:cool1:
Marlton Mom

The *Final* ADR list (Some Changes)

June 19
  • Planet Hollywood 8:15pm

June 20
  • Sanaa 5:15pm

June 21
  • LeCellier 1:35pm

June 22
  • Cinderella's Royal Table 3:50pm

June 23
  • Mama Melrose F! 4:25pm

June 24
  • O'hana 7:10pm

June 25
  • Sci-fi Dine 3:20pm

June 26
  • Crystal Palace 3:15pm

Hi All!

Does anyone know which hours I should trust for The Fantasmic times? The disney travel agents says 9 and 10 30 and wdwinfo only has 9 pm.

I am just not sure which would be correct.

Thanks

I checked Disney's website on Friday and the extra Fantasmic times for June were listed there. They're having Fantasmic twice a day every night we're there except one! I'm glad, but it makes me a little nervous since it probably means they are expecting higher crowds.

I'm such a dork - I got very excited at the market today when I realized that the milk I bought will expire after we leave on our trip. That means we're getting close!

Congrats on winning an IPad! We're big supporters of MoD too since my six year old was a 25 weeker! Go you!!!

Thanks! You go too! We've always been MoD supporters but after our DD (4 on May 30th) came at 24 weeks weighing 1lb 4oz it just makes it even more special to me. I don't know how I could have survived her 5 months in the hospital without reading about others stories or meeting people that were going through the same thing in the NICU. MoD rocks :thumbsup2

We are coming June 9-14. We just booked last-minute!!! :banana: Can't wait to see how our 3-year-old son reacts to everything. Am a little concerned about the heat though - last time we were there in Jan. '10 in was 38 degrees; how hot is it really going to be?????:sad2:

YAY for you! That's awesome! June tends to be really hot but the beg. isn't as bad as the end going into July. :goodvibes

single digit dance! I'm down to 9 days! :banana:

party:

Not long now, yay for you!!!!

I checked Disney's website on Friday and the extra Fantasmic times for June were listed there. They're having Fantasmic twice a day every night we're there except one! I'm glad, but it makes me a little nervous since it probably means they are expecting higher crowds.

I'm such a dork - I got very excited at the market today when I realized that the milk I bought will expire after we leave on our trip. That means we're getting close!

:lmao:

I do things like that too, so you are not alone :)

mommystieg May 29-June 9 @ BCV-yes
sahm2two May 31- June 4 @ ASMv - maybe
camnhan June 1-5 @ Poly and then Bonnett Creek from June 5-12- yes
camsmomE June 2-5 @ AKL- yes
jackskillingtonsgirl June 3-18 @ AKV (Jambo Club Level)- maybe
shine87 June 5-11 @ ASMu- yes
Swimmergirl June 6-13 @ BLT- maybe
SnowWhite33 June 6-15 @ CSR- yes
kschafer June 7-22 @ POP - maybe
Marlton Mom June 10-20 @ BC- maybe
turtlebean June 11-18 @ POR- yes
toomanycars June 12-17 @ BLT (Part 1 of trip)- Yes
S'sMom June 14-17 @ BLT- maybe
reservations4five June 17-26 @ ???- yes
cookieswithangel June 17-27 @ AKL- maybe
Altoqueenkelly June 19-27 @ POP- yes
toomanycars June 20-23 @ POR (Part 2 of trip)- yes
ZebraDomeCrazy June 21-29 @ WL-yes
toomanycars June 23-25 @ AKV- Kidani (Part 3 of trip) - yes
eeyore344 June 23-July 1 @ CBR- yes
rainydayplay June 23-July 1 @ CBR- yes
cinabug June 24- July 1 Holiday Inn Express (by Universal-off property)- yes
anjalee6 June 24-30 @ AKV Kidani and June 30-July 2 @ CR-yes
RoundTownGirl June 25-July 1 @ POR- yes
PRmamiDEdos June 25-27 @ AKV Jambo & June 27- July 1 @ AKV Kidani - maybe
sskem96 June 26-30 @ VWL - yes
Momma Poppins- yes

If I missed anyone or if you have changed your mind, please let me know. I tried to scan through all the posts from last week, but with my eye slightly shut, I might have missed someone by accident.

I am definitely in :goodvibes
June 5-11 BWV

Where are the fantasmic hours posted on disneyworld.com?

mommystieg May 29-June 9 @ BCV-yes
sahm2two May 31- June 4 @ ASMv - maybe
camnhan June 1-5 @ Poly and then Bonnett Creek from June 5-12- yes
camsmomE June 2-5 @ AKL- yes
jackskillingtonsgirl June 3-18 @ AKV (Jambo Club Level)- maybe
shine87 June 5-11 @ ASMu- yes
Swimmergirl June 6-13 @ BLT- maybe
SnowWhite33 June 6-15 @ CSR- yes
kschafer June 7-22 @ POP - maybe
Marlton Mom June 10-20 @ BC- maybe
turtlebean June 11-18 @ POR- yes
toomanycars June 12-17 @ BLT (Part 1 of trip)- Yes
S'sMom June 14-17 @ BLT- maybe
reservations4five June 17-26 @ ???- yes
cookieswithangel June 17-27 @ AKL- maybe
Altoqueenkelly June 19-27 @ POP- yes
toomanycars June 20-23 @ POR (Part 2 of trip)- yes
ZebraDomeCrazy June 21-29 @ WL-yes
toomanycars June 23-25 @ AKV- Kidani (Part 3 of trip) - yes
eeyore344 June 23-July 1 @ CBR- yes
rainydayplay June 23-July 1 @ CBR- yes
cinabug June 24- July 1 Holiday Inn Express (by Universal-off property)- yes
anjalee6 June 24-30 @ AKV Kidani and June 30-July 2 @ CR-yes
RoundTownGirl June 25-July 1 @ POR- yes
PRmamiDEdos June 25-27 @ AKV Jambo & June 27- July 1 @ AKV Kidani - maybe
sskem96 June 26-30 @ VWL - yes
Momma Poppins- yes

If I missed anyone or if you have changed your mind, please let me know. I tried to scan through all the posts from last week, but with my eye slightly shut, I might have missed someone by accident.

I may be interested if the times are right! I have such a large group that I am traveling with. But if we set a date/time/place for a group meet, I would do my best to get there!

my daughter thinks she's a rockstar, theres not really an other way to describe her. Well while we were sitting by a fire for some reason it dawned on her we were going to disney, its not like it was a secret, she's known all along. It was really cute so I thought I'd share

http://youtu.be/tjEQBdZFZKg

my daughter thinks she's a rockstar, theres not really an other way to describe her. Well while we were sitting by a fire for some reason it dawned on her we were going to disney, its not like it was a secret, she's known all along. It was really cute so I thought I'd share

Lol that is cute. Was she singing were going home?? that was funny.

June 2
Fly to MCO
DME to Coronado Springs
Dinner @ Yachtsman Steakhouse

June 3
MK

June 4
Epcot
Lunch @ Coral Reef

June 5
DHS
Lunch @ 50's Prime Time
Dinner @ Ohana

June 6
Epcot
Boardwalk

June 7
Boma Breakfast
AK
DTD
Cirque du Soleil

June 8
MK
Lunch @ CRT
Wishes Dessert Party

June 9
Departure day :sad1:

We almost have the same schedule! Except June 4th we are doing Animal Kingdom. And June 7th is our Dessert Party! Funny. Same dates as well.

Choose one or the other! I know it can be hard, but...

1) If you only had one day, would you rather MK or Epcot? Epcot

2) If you wanted to see most of the main characters at a character meal would you rather Chef Mickey or Tusker House? Tusker house

3) If you could only stay at one of these hotels would you rather Grand Floridian or Wilderness Lodge? Grand Floridian

4) If you could only stay at one of these hotels would you rather Carribbean Beach Resort or POP? Carribbean Beach

5) Mickey Ice Cream Bar or Mickey Shaped Rice Krispie Treat? Can't eat either:sad1: allergic to dairy

6) If money was not an issue, would you rather fly or drive? Fly first class

7) Would you rather go to Disney for Food and Wine or Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party? Going to both next trip to WDW

8) Would you rather EMH in the morning or EMH at night? AM

9) If you could only ride one, Test Track or Soarin? Soarin

10) If you could only ride one, Expedition Everest or Dinosaur? Expedtion

11) If you could only ride one, Tower of Terror or Toy Story Mania? TSM

12) If you could only ride one, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad or Space Mountain? Space mountain

13) Would you rather go to CRT or Akershus to see princesses? CRT

14) If you could only see one, would you rather see Wishes or see Illuminations? Whishes

15) Monorail ride or Ferry Boat Ride to MK (if you had to choose)?
Ferry boat

Too cute! I love how kids can do that, just sing out loud and be so excited. I feel the same as she does, but I think if I were to stand in the yard and sing about it they would take me away-and not to the right happy place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter