The all New *OFFICIAL JUNE* 2011 thread! Some like it hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm here :goodvibes. Thanks for the new thread anjalee6 :thumbsup2. You're doing an awesome job :worship:!!

I'm so excited to FINALLY be going to Disney, but I want to make sure the trip is as awesome for everyone in my party as I know it will be for me. I'm having a meeting with the rest of the trip goers on the 30th of this month to 1) collect some money and 2) give them some information on what to expect, make some recommendations to them about where to go and books to read to familiarize themselves with all things Disney.

I've read enough to know (been planning for over a year now) that "over planning" and/or being a "drill sergeant" won't make for a fun trip, but i'm worried they'll think the basic planning i've done is too much. Oh well...

...my room is booked and adr's have been made. Now, I'm going to begin filling my vacation bin with things i'm going to need for the trip. I purchased my first item over the summer, a travel utensil set for my DD2. I'm going to purchase several packs of travel wipes, some disposable bibs, a smaller reclineable umbrella stroller, mole skin, body glide, pain and upset stomach meds, umbrella rain cover, several disposable ponchos, a pair of crocs and tennis shoes for each of us, and some Disney toys and nick nacks to give her while on the trip JUST TO NAME A FEW :rotfl2:!

Anywho, can any of you tell me a good place on-line or otherwise where I can purchase glow sticks and/or bracelets, Disney themed/packaged snacks, and official or unofficial Disney dolls/toys and reasonable/discounted prices?

glad to see you all! We're staying at the POP this trip!

Also some of our ADR's changed

Ohana's changed from Sunday 6/5 to Saturday 6/4 at 8:10 (had to make fantasmic) Then on Sunday we added Mama Melrose F! Package at 3:15 and Cancelled Tony's Town Square on 6/7

Glad to see that you followed us over to the new thread! I updated all your information to reflect the changes and additions. :thumbsup2

I'm here :goodvibes. Thanks for the new thread anjalee6 :thumbsup2. You're doing an awesome job :worship:!!

I'm so excited to FINALLY be going to Disney, but I want to make sure the trip is as awesome for everyone in my party as I know it will be for me. I'm having a meeting with the rest of the trip goers on the 30th of this month to 1) collect some money and 2) give them some information on what to expect, make some recommendations to them about where to go and books to read to familiarize themselves with all things Disney.

I've read enough to know (been planning for over a year now) that "over planning" and/or being a "drill sergeant" won't make for a fun trip, but i'm worried they'll think the basic planning i've done is too much. Oh well...

...my room is booked and adr's have been made. Now, I'm going to begin filling my vacation bin with things i'm going to need for the trip. I purchased my first item over the summer, a travel utensil set for my DD2. I'm going to purchase several packs of travel wipes, some disposable bibs, a smaller reclineable umbrella stroller, mole skin, body glide, pain and upset stomach meds, umbrella rain cover, several disposable ponchos, a pair of crocs and tennis shoes for each of us, and some Disney toys and nick nacks to give her while on the trip JUST TO NAME A FEW :rotfl2:!

Anywho, can any of you tell me a good place on-line or otherwise where I can purchase glow sticks and/or bracelets, Disney themed/packaged snacks, and official or unofficial Disney dolls/toys and reasonable/discounted prices?

Isn't it fun when you start getting down to the actual packing supplies? I've been putting things away since our last trip. lol. Well, let's see...I have glow sticks already (we buy tons of them) from Target. They were not that expensive and they have bracelets, necklaces, whistles, the regular sticks, etc) My kids love them and they work well. My son loves gummie snacks for lunches and we get them at our local grocery store and I am going to say it again...Target (we spend too much time and money there). They have Finding Nemo shaped snacks, Disney characters, princess ones). I am sure they have cookies and things like that too, but my kids are really into the gummies. We got our daughter little princess figurines for Christmas from Walmart that have little changes of clothes. They are made out of this stretchy material, but she loves them and loves to put on their change of clothes. They are small and pretty inexpensive (less than $5 a piece). I don't know if that helps out any.

My daughter is really into princess things right now, mainly Cinderella, but she is only two. We were trying to figure out whether it is worth it to do CRT with her. I booked 1900 for dinner just so she could see Cinderella. We did it last trip and she enjoyed it, but she was only 1 1/2 so she didn't get the whole experience. She will be a whole year older when we go back and she is really likes everything with Cinderella so my question is, is she too young to really enjoy CRT? Should we wait another year?

I started buying stuff almost a year ago :rolleyes: so far we have Disney : colouring pencils
Duracell Princess necklace light
Pocket kite
Metal tins/purses with jelly beans inside
Lanyard with ticket/cards/small camera bag on end
Sleep masks
Giant pen
Pooh's head plush autograph book
Princess pens (with feathers)
Lunch bags
Minnie ears with multi coloured veil
Minnie tshirts

There is more I'm sure but those are the things we are taking for our girls

We are going to CRT with our 2 year old (she'll be 2 1/2 by then) and I really dont think she will appreciate it at all, or even remember it, but then she's more of a winnie pooh/fab 5 kinda girl. Our dd7 will adore it though and so will I, so for us the $$$ is worth it. I would maybe wait and take her to the less expensive options. she will appreciate the whole concept and magic of eating IN the castle by then too, not sure if she would this time, even if she did enjoy the characters.

I really can't wait :banana::banana: making df sit through beauty and the beast as i type, even though both dd's are in bed (it's 22.28 here)

I think that we decided that we are going to just do 1900 Park Fare this year and then save CRT for when she is just a little bit earlier. I think it would be cool but I keep thinking that if we get stuck doing something and can't make the ADR for some reason, I don't want to be charged for it. My son wouldn't really enjoy it anyway, although he said he would suck it up for his little sister. He does like 1900 Park fare for the step sisters who he thinks are really funny so I think that will work out better this year for everyone. Maybe one year my husband can take my son somewhere for breakfast while I take my daughter to CRT for breakfast.

I used premierglow.com this past Christmas to get light up toys for the parades and they were dirt cheap. They even have some Mickey themed stuff.

I think that we decided that we are going to just do 1900 Park Fare this year and then save CRT for when she is just a little bit earlier. I think it would be cool but I keep thinking that if we get stuck doing something and can't make the ADR for some reason, I don't want to be charged for it. My son wouldn't really enjoy it anyway, although he said he would suck it up for his little sister. He does like 1900 Park fare for the step sisters who he thinks are really funny so I think that will work out better this year for everyone. Maybe one year my husband can take my son somewhere for breakfast while I take my daughter to CRT for breakfast.

We did 1900 Pf for dinner and loved it. DH wore the Prince Philip shirt that said Sorry Girls I'm Taken and Drizella hated it, LOL. I ordered iron patches of the step-sisters from Etsy and put them on long-sleeved tees for DD and myself and that got her a lot of attention. It was really cute.

We did 1900 Pf for dinner and loved it. DH wore the Prince Philip shirt that said Sorry Girls I'm Taken and Drizella hated it, LOL. I ordered iron patches of the step-sisters from Etsy and put them on long-sleeved tees for DD and myself and that got her a lot of attention. It was really cute.

Where did you find the Prince Philip shirt? That is too funny! Drizella made comments about liking the fact that Alana had her pacifier in her mouth and kids being seen and not heard so the "plug" was a great way to keep her quiet. Anastasia was mad that she had to share a page with Drizella in the character scrapbook that we made. She made comments about the fact that even Prince Philip got his own page and of course Cinderella. They really know how to play the part well and it really was entertaining. We are definitely doing it again this trip.

I started my Disney purchases, too. I just received a pair of Misty Mate misters. I'm waiting on some neck pillows for the boys (for the long drive down), a new back pack for the parks and some stroller gear (rain cover and organizer). I also have some cute custom Mickey shirts coming for the boys.

I have a Bagallini that I love for the parks but there is no way I'd be able to fit diapers/wipes and all of the other necessities in it.

I still have tons to get, though. The boys will need new Crocs, but those will have to wait. I'm afraid of how much the baby's feet will grow between ow and then.

I have a Bagallini that I love for the parks but there is no way I'd be able to fit diapers/wipes and all of the other necessities in it.

Believe it or not, I used a Bagallini messenger bag for my diaper bag/catch all bag last trip. I stored a change of clothes for each kid, diapers, wipes for my LO, my camera, TTTW cards, pens, and my wallet in it. I had to do some really creative packing. LOL. It was tight, but I refused to carry another bag with me. :laughing:

I started my Disney purchases, too. I just received a pair of Misty Mate misters. I'm waiting on some neck pillows for the boys (for the long drive down), a new back pack for the parks and some stroller gear (rain cover and organizer). I also have some cute custom Mickey shirts coming for the boys.

I still have tons to get, though. The boys will need new Crocs, but those will have to wait. I'm afraid of how much the baby's feet will grow between ow and then.

We drive down also and our (well...MY) favorite stop is exit 95 on the 95 in NC. The outlets!! More importantly, the Crocs outlet. Plus the Cracker Barrel is there (we only have one all the way up in Fishkill, NY) so I try to stop every time!

I have to remember misting fans this year!

Believe it or not, I used a Bagallini messenger bag for my diaper bag/catch all bag last trip. I stored a change of clothes for each kid, diapers, wipes for my LO, my camera, TTTW cards, pens, and my wallet in it. I had to do some really creative packing. LOL. It was tight, but I refused to carry another bag with me. :laughing:

If (IF!!) I had another baby, I'd beg DH to buy me the Coach baby bag at the outlet. I would totally use it as a regular bag afterward! LOL

If (IF!!) I had another baby, I'd beg DH to buy me the Coach baby bag at the outlet. I would totally use it as a regular bag afterward! LOL

Yeah, the Coach baby bags are really nice!

So, here I am...enjoying my day and I have some time to play with our Disney schedule and of course, once I start looking at it, I feel like changing things. As my husband tells me, I should leave well enough alone, but I just can't. lol.

Yeah, the Coach baby bags are really nice!

So, here I am...enjoying my day and I have some time to play with our Disney schedule and of course, once I start looking at it, I feel like changing things. As my husband tells me, I should leave well enough alone, but I just can't. lol.

Same thing happened to me the other day. See what happens when you have too much time on your hands?? I need to stop reading these boards!! I read somewhere that there's a dance party at HS on EMH nights so I had to make sure we were there! Of course that changed into changing ADR's for one day to make them another day, but then I had to change that day's ADR's to another day and so on and so forth. Want the new ones? LOL This time I PROMISE not to change anything again.:rolleyes1

Checking in on the new thread -- we're staying @ CBR

Here's our current parks with ADRs:
Sat, 5/28 - Arrival day no parks planned - 'Ohana 6:45
Sun, 5/29 - HS - SciFi 1:30 AND Cape May Cafe 5:20
Mon, 5/30 - EP - Coral Reef 11:40 AND Les Chefs de France 6:10
Tues, 5/31 - AK - Tusker House breakfast 8:15
Wed, 6/1 - MK - Crystal Palace 7:15
Thurs, 6/2 - Nothing planned - SeaWorld day
Fri, 6/3 - MK - Tony's 5:55
Sat, 6/4 - Departure so no parks or ADRs planned

Hello I am pretty new to the disboards, so I hope I am doing this right. My family and I will be in Disney from June 20th until June 26th. I am not sure where we are staying yet, will be making our reservations tomorrow!:cool1: This is the first time any of my boys will be at Disney so it should be super fun. I can't wait until than and look forward to reading lots about it on here.

Same thing happened to me the other day. See what happens when you have too much time on your hands?? I need to stop reading these boards!! I read somewhere that there's a dance party at HS on EMH nights so I had to make sure we were there! Of course that changed into changing ADR's for one day to make them another day, but then I had to change that day's ADR's to another day and so on and so forth. Want the new ones? LOL This time I PROMISE not to change anything again.:rolleyes1

Change them as many times as necessary to make you happy. I will change them as many times as you want. ;)

Checking in on the new thread -- we're staying @ CBR

Here's our current parks with ADRs:
Sat, 5/28 - Arrival day no parks planned - 'Ohana 6:45
Sun, 5/29 - HS - SciFi 1:30 AND Cape May Cafe 5:20
Mon, 5/30 - EP - Coral Reef 11:40 AND Les Chefs de France 6:10
Tues, 5/31 - AK - Tusker House breakfast 8:15
Wed, 6/1 - MK - Crystal Palace 7:15
Thurs, 6/2 - Nothing planned - SeaWorld day
Fri, 6/3 - MK - Tony's 5:55
Sat, 6/4 - Departure so no parks or ADRs planned

Glad you found your way over to us! :thumbsup2 I think we are finally getting into full swing. I will update your ADRs as soon as I get done vaccuuming. Yes, it's 7:15 at night and I am just now getting to my cleaning for the weekend. I've been procrastinating today since we have the day off tomorrow.

Hello I am pretty new to the disboards, so I hope I am doing this right. My family and I will be in Disney from June 20th until June 26th. I am not sure where we are staying yet, will be making our reservations tomorrow!:cool1: This is the first time any of my boys will be at Disney so it should be super fun. I can't wait until than and look forward to reading lots about it on here.

:welcome: Yay! Glad to have you join us. Congrats on the upcoming trip. Sounds fun and I know your boys will love it. Let us know when you book and where and if you need any advice the ladies here give some great information! They have helped me a lot and we have been to Disney a lot. It's great planning with others and bouncing ideas off of people, especially people that are not sick of hearing about Disney (hint...my husband who hears me change plans 20x a day) :laughing:

I'm here!!! :cool1: Thanks for moving us anjalee! I think it was totally the right call. I've just been clicking through my subscription updates in my email so I didn't realize we had moved.

Now...off to catch up. :lovestruc

I'm here!!! :cool1: Thanks for moving us anjalee! I think it was totally the right call. I've just been clicking through my subscription updates in my email so I didn't realize we had moved.

Now...off to catch up. :lovestruc

Wow, thanks for the new thread! I'll post my ADR times when I'm at my other computer...

I need to look for a new backpack for us... I want a unisex, easily adjustible one so dh and I can switch off carrying it. Also need to figure out how to get the kids used to walking a lot when they are in school all day. NOne of us like the heat but we are trying to be Zen about it and accept that this will be the least hot weather that we can go in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter