The all New *OFFICIAL JUNE* 2011 thread! Some like it hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
June 3rd through June 11th Polynesian

Taking our daughter for her sweet 16. Managing Four Teens for this trip will be interesting and expensive :scared1:

I'm here!!! :cool1: Thanks for moving us anjalee! I think it was totally the right call. I've just been clicking through my subscription updates in my email so I didn't realize we had moved.

Now...off to catch up. :lovestruc

Yeah, I think this is so much easier! I'm glad that people like the new thread.

Wow, thanks for the new thread! I'll post my ADR times when I'm at my other computer...

I need to look for a new backpack for us... I want a unisex, easily adjustible one so dh and I can switch off carrying it. Also need to figure out how to get the kids used to walking a lot when they are in school all day. NOne of us like the heat but we are trying to be Zen about it and accept that this will be the least hot weather that we can go in!

Whenever you want to post them, I will update them. :thumbsup2 I agree. I don't really love heat either, but with being a teacher this is really the only good time to go. It is hot, but you just have to remember to take lots of breaks, keep well hydrated, and go in lots of air conditioned buildings. :laughing:

June 3rd through June 11th Polynesian

Taking our daughter for her sweet 16. Managing Four Teens for this trip will be interesting and expensive :scared1:

carlnix30, :welcome: I added you to our list on page 1. Taking four teenagers seems exhausting, but also something that I am sure your dughter will remember for a long time. What a great way to celebrate her birthday.

Hi Group!

We are taking our first summer trip to Disney this June after spending the last two Christmases there. We are staying June 11-16 at the Polynesian and can't wait!

Just how hot does it get in June? We are no strangers to heat - we live in Houston and are familiar with triple digit heat indexes and extreme humidity. It will be strange to pack shorts and t-shirts instead of coats and long pants!

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Hi Group!

We are taking our first summer trip to Disney this June after spending the last two Christmases there. We are staying June 11-16 at the Polynesian and can't wait!

Just how hot does it get in June? We are no strangers to heat - we live in Houston and are familiar with triple digit heat indexes and extreme humidity. It will be strange to pack shorts and t-shirts instead of coats and long pants!

Welcome to the group. I added you to our roll call on page 1.

I have not gone in June in years. We usually go in July but we are trying something different this year. I know that average temperatures are usually in the low 90s and rain is very typical in the afternoon. It should feel cool to you. lol. I know, I was looking at pictures of people from a parade at Disney just this past week and I was saying to my husband that I can't imagine going to Disney and wearing long sleeves and pants. That is just strange to me, but that's because we usually go to Disney in the summer months.

Hi Group!

As a former Houstonian....you will find the heat exactly the same...hot and humid!

Ugh! Just checked my reservation online and didn't realize before that my son's name is spelled wrong. I guess I have to call them tomorrow and get it fixed.

Ok just wanted to update. I made our reservations today!!!:woohoo: We are staying at the All Star Movies June 20-25(sorry made a mistake on the dates in the last post) We have an ADR for Chef Mickeys on the 21st at 8:45!

Ok question are there any other most do ADR's for families with little kids? I don't want to plan lots, but would be ok with adding 1 may be 2 more to our trip. Thanks for the help.

Ok just wanted to update. I made our reservations today!!!:woohoo: We are staying at the All Star Movies June 20-25(sorry made a mistake on the dates in the last post) We have an ADR for Chef Mickeys on the 21st at 8:45!

Ok question are there any other most do ADR's for families with little kids? I don't want to plan lots, but would be ok with adding 1 may be 2 more to our trip. Thanks for the help.

I would suggest the Crystal Palace in MK. if you have little ones they have a little buffet with mac and cheese, hot dogs basicaly kids food. they also have ham, and a real salad bar with lettuce and fish on an adult buffet. the dessert buffet is yummy as well. dont forget winnie the poo and tigger too:love:

Decided last night to change our Mardi Gras trip to a June 1 - June 8th @ BC trip!!! :banana::banana::banana:

I'm hoping the Memorial Weekend crowds won't be too bad?

Looking forward to enjoying some pool time. Now to cancel all of our ADR's.

I will change the dates. Not a problem. We have two little ones too. They love Chef Mickey's which you have planned. They also really enjoyed Crystal Palace with Winnie the Pooh and Tusker House in AK with Donald, Mickey, Daisy, and Goofy.

Decided last night to change our Mardi Gras trip to a June 1 - June 8th @ BC trip!!! :banana::banana::banana:

I'm hoping the Memorial Weekend crowds won't be too bad?

Looking forward to enjoying some pool time. Now to cancel all of our ADR's.

Welcome fellow July 2010 planner! Happy to be planning with you again. I will add you to the list :thumbsup2

Thank you very much!!!

I am surprised at how much we enjoyed our visit last July, despite the crowds and heat. We enjoyed it so much we are going again in the crowds and heat :rotfl:

There is something about the longer daylight hours, being able to rest (swim) mid-day, only having to wear shorts/cami's (love to pack light), and cooling off with dole whips/kaki goris/mickey ears that just make the summer time magical!!! I know I'm weird, but dd must be weird too!!!

Now the waiting game begins..................

We really like Disney in the summer time too. Despite all the crowds and heat, there is just something about Disney in the summer months that we really enjoy. I just don't think it would be as fun for us if we had to go during the winter.

There is something about the longer daylight hours, being able to rest (swim) mid-day, only having to wear shorts/cami's (love to pack light), and cooling off with dole whips/kaki goris/mickey ears that just make the summer time magical!!! I know I'm weird, but dd must be weird too!!!

Doesn't sound weird at all to me ... or maybe I'm also weird :eek: :lmao:
Our last trip was during Thanksgiving, and although I'm glad we got to see the Christmas decorations, we didn't have nearly as much fun as we usually do. Even DH requested that when I was making reservations to go "sometime in the Summer because it just didn't feel like Disney last time".

My kids are outside sledding so I am deciding for the 40th time so far if I need to change my plans. Snow days can be fun, but they give me too much time to think about and replan my trip. I will bet that by the end it will be right back to the way I had it the first time. :lmao:

I'm here at work now doing the same thing. Watching the rain, and moving around our park days (already, I only decided on the June trip last night)!!!

It has been such a cold winter for us this year, that I just couldn't help worry that Mardi Gras was going to possibly be cold. Me and cold just don't get along.

I have a spreadsheet that I created for planning. If anyone wants it, click here. Just put in your own dates and park times according to the park calendar for June. You can also enter your ADR confirmation numbers, but make sure to save the document as your own Google doc and change the privacy settings to you only.

This will be our first summertime trip, also! Previously we went in October, when the school system had the much-loved, much-mourned October break! Adding to the "firsts" of this trip: Nevada's 1st trip, our 1st Fantasmic!, our 1st time at a Value!:goodvibes Personally, I would be happy sleeping in the van if we were at Disney, but DH is such a snob! He's hoping for a room discount, so we can upgrade; I haven't told him there's no way I'm giving up the Toy Story hotel for DS's 1st trip :rotfl:. CAN'T WAIT!:banana:

Just looking at my sig & noticing, I'll have to update by the end of Feb. as everyone will be a year older. :scared1:

Oh, I wish I could go with you guys!!!!!! :sad:

Our June 2010 trip was messed up because I had emergency surgery, so we took a December trip instead. It was amazing, but we're JUNE people! :lmao:

Since we just got back, we don't get to go this year. I have to wait until 2012. :sad:

Okay...i'm looking for the perfect bag to carry with me into the theme parks. I've been reading a lot about the Baggalini (sp) Messenger bag, but I am wondering if it is the bag for me.

In the bag I choose, i'll have to fit an extra pair of shoes for me, an extra outfit for my 2 year old daughter, appoximately 3 bottles of Powerade and/or water, 2 pairs of sunshades - daughter and me, cellphone, park pass, room key, sun block, and water mister.

Can all of that fit into a Bagallini Messenger bag?

ETA: This will be my first time going so i'm really clueless about some things so i'm wondering what do you all do with your bag when you go on rides? Are your bags left in your stroller if you have one or can you put the bag under a seat on the rides or does it remain on your back?

Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter