The Chicago Meet

No Problem, Glo......anything for my dancin' buddy! :D :D I always aim to please! :)
Ok, bikini's at DIS-Con! I said I wanted to do a pool party and now we have a reason! :D
I met Ellen when Bill and I were in Chicago. Nice lady. :) Let's face it-any spouse/SO that puts up with us had got to be a saint! :D :D;)
Good observation, Nancy! That's what he was saying, alright! :cool:
**I'm truly hoping I need less material by the next DIS-Con!**

Thanks Nancy....I am glad you took it that way, but I think Crissup was making a short person dig...lol...Oh well... anyway...I know my dates for this Chicago meet. I will be there from Friday July 5th to either Monday July 8th or Tuesday morning July 9th depending on the airfare. I think I will be giving Priceline a try for the hotel...Have always had great luck with it...got the Swan a year ago for $72 a night..... I have a list of the surrounding towns from Patrick that have hotels...will start my research soon....Can you tell I am excited???

A nice long weekend in Chicago will be great, Glo! I've had good luck with airport hotels via Priceline. I've gotten the Doubletree O'Hare Rosemont and the Hilton O'Hare with $30 and $35 bids. Last summer I got a hotel near N. Michigan Ave. (Ambassador West) when Expedia had their hotel price matcher, so there are good deals to be had. Be sure to check out www.biddingfortravel.com first!

I just checked Orbitz, and a non-stop flight on American from Boston to Chicago (July 5-8) is $223...not bad. Of course, you could always try Priceline for airfare, too.

Hey Nancy thanks for the great info...what rating did you use for the hotels? I would like to be at the $50 range or so. Hoping I can get something good. May need to rent a car so not to be an imposition...have to figure this all out.

You know how much I hate to miss a DIS meet...but I don't think I can make this one. I think it's my turn to work the holiday and it's my weekend on... :(

Hey Nancy!!!
I just thought I would let you know. I pricelined it and got the Embassy Suites in Oakbrook, which I was told was only a few minutes away...for $36 a night. The lowest rate on their site is $98.10 with a AAA discount. I am psyhed!!!! Next I have to start looking for flights...I think I will still try to do better than $220.

Woohoo, Glo! I LOVE a Priceline bargain!!! If you decide to go the Priceline route for airfare, be sure to check Hotwire first (at www.hotwire.com ). Priceline will probably beat Hotwire's airfare. Be sure to click on Bonus Money Opportunitues at the Bidding for Travel site - to get $25 (I think) bonus money added to your airfare bid.

As for car rental - I'd go ahead and reserve something now to get a good rate. (I wouldn't try Priceline until you're POSITIVE you'll need a car.) I imagine the CTA has some sort of public transportation between Oakbrook and Downtown, right, Pat???

Now that I know you'll be in Oakbrook - I might give Priceline another try. I bid for the O'Hare zone, but my bids were rejected.

I just bid for a 3-star hotel in Oakbrook, and got the Embassy Suites, too!!!! ;) I'll just be there on July 6th for 1 night. I'll have my mini-van, so you won't need to rent a car for THAT day!

Embassy Suites is a great place! We had one of Erins overnight birthday parties there- she had 4 guests, and me and Ellen- Two room suites, indoor pool, a free cocktail hour and free breakfast- back several years ago it was $100 a night. Its about 10 mins from my house :)

I'm glad to hear that, Pat! Glo....looks like you'll need that bikini for the indoor pool party after all! ;)

Not so loud Nancy...next thing you know Brian will be there with that dang camera of his....lol

I'll have my camera. It still needs to be broken in. I only took 2,000 photos this last trip to WDW. LOL!!

By the way, you can see my photos at http://disney.crissup.com/

Oh geeezzzzz...thanks you two....that is all I need!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hi there!

Most of you don't know me, but I was told about this meet by a little bird, and since a few people that I want to meet seem to be attending, may I come by too? I promise to be nice and polite, you probably won't even know I am there, since I am such a quiet person.:D

Just wondering, I think I read that this meet will be in Berkely? I am coming from I-88, in the Aurora area. What would be the best way to get to Patrick's house? Will there be children attending? And what's this I hear about bikinis? Trust me, you don't want me in a bikini, so hopefully that is optional.:p

And just to reiterate, I am very nice, and I promise I don't bite (hard).

Sure you can come! We probably are having a Chicago dis meet in Jan/Feb also- I am not working on that one but watch for details or we will pm you if you wish- pm me for directions- er...um I do not know if we allow nice polite people:D Kids no problem :)

I am coming from I-88, in the Aurora area.

Katalin,
Patrick is in the Oakbrook area, so you'll just zoom right across I-88. You gotta be there too, no excuses. Bring John.

Magyar/Katalin, I am so happy to see you will be coming!! I am so looking forward to meeting you! :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter