The DarkSide's not so Dark after all....

Much thanks!

We're here now and I'm definitely going to have to learn a few new adjectives before doing another one. DA is that amazing....

Hah!

I've never been known to turn one of those down...;)

We used the app to check the pics the first day, and checked mid day on the 2nd. It was the last day that we checked right at park close when the line was long. Kinda silly since we only had one ride photo and maybe one photog photo in the last few hours, so we could have avoided all that. I'd play it by ear based on if you've checked during the day...

We activate ours tomorrow for this trip

Have fun and enjoy and thanks again. Sending beer asap!!!

All I can say is... WOW! I have never made it through an entire trip report. I always seem to doze off halfway through, never to return. Your TR read like a novel and I was hooked!

I've been nosing around the Universal boards trying to find out more info for our first stay at the PBH. I'm so happy I came upon this thread. It has put my fears at bay about changing over to PBH after many stays at RPR. Thanks!

All I can say is... WOW! I have never made it through an entire trip report. I always seem to doze off halfway through, never to return. Your TR read like a novel and I was hooked!

I've been nosing around the Universal boards trying to find out more info for our first stay at the PBH. I'm so happy I came upon this thread. It has put my fears at bay about changing over to PBH after many stays at RPR. Thanks!

We're at RPH right now and i can now understand why it's tough to switch! No worries, though. PBH is excellent as well - and with a bigger bathroom...!

And it wouldn't have bothered me at all if you'd snoozed a bit while reading the TR. My kids can barely get through a 30 second "Dad Talk" without a yawn or two.....;)

Hope you're all having a great trip! And I hope there is another trip report in the works upon your return :)

Hope you're all having a great trip! And I hope there is another trip report in the works upon your return :)

Nothing like a little subtle pressure....;)

Getting ready to head out forEE right now. Great trip so far but another camera story, if you can believe it....:confused3

Hope you're having a great time!

An absolute blast!

The weathers been great until this mornings rain and cool front. But that should end by 10am...

The new restaurants have been really good....

Just finished this TR and headed over to read your new TR!! Going to US for the first time in a few weeks - I am also a diehard planner and still keep feeling like I am forgetting something.:rolleyes2 Staying at HRH for 3 days at US and then headed to WDW for one day at MK so we can see the new areas of Fantasyland. Although I did get the FP's I wanted, it was very stressful - and that was for one day!! My kiddos are 13 and 11 and I have a feeling that after this trip, US will be our main (if not only) destination in Orlando. Question - I have two girls - both huge HP fans and are familiar with many US characters/movies ( MiB, Simpson's, Shrek, Despicable Me) but they don't know much about Spiderman, Hulk, Transformers, etc, and have not seen any of the Jurrasic Park movies (although the new movie is on their "must see" list) Is there any ride that they need to be familiar with the characters or backstory?

Just finished this TR and headed over to read your new TR!! Going to US for the first time in a few weeks - I am also a diehard planner and still keep feeling like I am forgetting something.:rolleyes2 Staying at HRH for 3 days at US and then headed to WDW for one day at MK so we can see the new areas of Fantasyland. Although I did get the FP's I wanted, it was very stressful - and that was for one day!! My kiddos are 13 and 11 and I have a feeling that after this trip, US will be our main (if not only) destination in Orlando. Question - I have two girls - both huge HP fans and are familiar with many US characters/movies ( MiB, Simpson's, Shrek, Despicable Me) but they don't know much about Spiderman, Hulk, Transformers, etc, and have not seen any of the Jurrasic Park movies (although the new movie is on their "must see" list) Is there any ride that they need to be familiar with the characters or backstory?
I think they do a pretty good job setting the storylines in most of the queues. The boys may have seen one but we had never seen any of the Transformer movies. Yet, it became one of our favorite rides. If you were going to watch any, the 1st Jurrasic Park is a classic and worth watching no matter what and would help with the ride. E.T. and the Mummy would be the other 2 and are great movies, as well

Hey WDWAtLast,
Your plan sounds similar to mine. I have reservatons at Cabana Bay for 4 nights in April. I want to visit both Universal Parks but would also like to go to WDW for a day or two and visit Epcot and or MK. How are you gettting there? Car or shuttle? I would rather just stay at one hotel and not move.

Hey WDWAtLast,
Your plan sounds similar to mine. I have reservatons at Cabana Bay for 4 nights in April. I want to visit both Universal Parks but would also like to go to WDW for a day or two and visit Epcot and or MK. How are you gettting there? Car or shuttle? I would rather just stay at one hotel and not move.

Hi NCgirl171!
Originally, we planned to stay at US the whole time and use our car to drive to WDW for the day. Now that we are flying, we are doing a split stay and will take the US resort transportation to WDW. Each US resort has a fleet of vehicles lined out front (per a relative and verified on the transportation board) They charge a flat fee ($50 in December 2012) so even if you get stuck in traffic, your fee is the same. While I would have preferred not to change hotels, we are going during spring break with 8's and 9's on the WDW crowd predictors. With the park opening at 8 am I was afraid we would not get to WDW early and would miss rope drop perks and maybe even our first FP+ window. Then the ME will take us to MCO for our flight home.

I think they do a pretty good job setting the storylines in most of the queues. The boys may have seen one but we had never seen any of the Transformer movies. Yet, it became one of our favorite rides. If you were going to watch any, the 1st Jurrasic Park is a classic and worth watching no matter what and would help with the ride. E.T. and the Mummy would be the other 2 and are great movies, as well

Thank you! Just set the DVR for Jurrasic Park and ET is on demand. It seems like The Mummy was on repeat on our movie channels a while back, but it is no where to be found now! Maybe I can score it in the $5 bin at Target! Dh and I love it, but saw it so many times (when it was on repeat and kids were too young) that we have just not thought to have them see it.

Thank you! Just set the DVR for Jurrasic Park and ET is on demand. It seems like The Mummy was on repeat on our movie channels a while back, but it is no where to be found now! Maybe I can score it in the $5 bin at Target! Dh and I love it, but saw it so many times (when it was on repeat and kids were too young) that we have just not thought to have them see it.
Be careful....
E.T. is a real tear jerker (I'll admit it), but in a good way. Have a tissue handy.....

Be careful....
E.T. is a real tear jerker (I'll admit it), but in a good way. Have a tissue handy.....

Yes, I saw it multiple times when it came out (I can't really be that old??!!). I even have a VHS copy - but no VHS player to watch it on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter