• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Disney Wish, what are you wishing for?

Clearly the Wish is going to be delayed. Normally the next itinerary release would have had the Wish sailings on it because it would have covered the itineraries for Jan-Apr 2022. So do we think the Wish will get it's own special itinerary release instead of being grouped in with the regular itinerary releases as a whole?
I think the Wish will debut in summer of 2022. That way no one can use their 125% credits (which expire 5/31/22) to book a cruise on the Wish. The later start date will also allow for the construction delays, & for Covid to hopefully just be a firmly-in-the-past bad memory by then.

I think the Wish will debut in summer of 2022. That way no one can use their 125% credits (which expire 5/31/22) to book a cruise on the Wish. The later start date will also allow for the construction delays, & for Covid to hopefully just be a firmly-in-the-past bad memory by then.
Maiden could even be in May, and they could block out any discount (as I’ve heard they’ve done before for Maiden voyages) until June.

Last edited:
Maiden could even be in May, and they could block out any discount (as I’ve heard they’ve done before) until June.
They have not blocked any other cruises from the 125% FCC.

The FCC is not a discount offer, it is a credit, with a bonus attached as compensation for one's paid-in-full cruise being cancelled by DCL. That's an important distinction to keep in mind.

DCL certainly could debut the Wish in May and pointedly block customers using FCCs from booking it, but that would cost DCL those customers' goodwill. DCL knows that the customers holding onto FCCs are some of their most loyal customers, and those costomers' money is helping to keep DCL afloat during the worst crisis the line has ever experienced.

It would be much wiser (and more likely) for DCL to just debut the Wish in June, and not alienate those loyal cruisers by pointedly not letting them book the Wish, despite it being debuted in May.

Last edited:

I wish they would put that HA rooms closer to elevator banks and not far forward and far aft like they are on Classic ships.

However, I wish they would keep the adult areas clustered in one section like they are on Classic ships. I love that design, because I can basically stay in one part of the ship all day unless going to dining rooms...up to pool and spa, down to pub and club...up to pool and spa....back to room, down to theater, pub and club...Perfect for adult only trips.

I know this will be controversial but, after talking about the Covid changes, I thought a cabana type offering would be nice. I don’t like the stress of finding chairs and then worrying about leaving stuff there while in the water with my kids etc. It wouldn’t have to be cabanas but reserved seats somewhere near the pool or movies where I could pay and reserve seats with towels and a bar server and maybe optional shade, and some special souvenir or some fun extras. Or, small reserved hot-tubs. We could never get in them when we cruised before because there were people camped out in them all day. My husband still jokes about the lady who seemed to stay in the entire day with her family coming and going. I wonder what that did to her skin.

I know people will say this is another nickel & dime thing but the stress of finding chairs and worrying about keeping them too long or not having them when I come back from getting food would make it worth it to me.

I know this will be controversial but, after talking about the Covid changes, I thought a cabana type offering would be nice. I don’t like the stress of finding chairs and then worrying about leaving stuff there while in the water with my kids etc. It wouldn’t have to be cabanas but reserved seats somewhere near the pool or movies where I could pay and reserve seats with towels and a bar server and maybe optional shade, and some special souvenir or some fun extras. Or, small reserved hot-tubs. We could never get in them when we cruised before because there were people camped out in them all day. My husband still jokes about the lady who seemed to stay in the entire day with her family coming and going. I wonder what that did to her skin.

I know people will say this is another nickel & dime thing but the stress of finding chairs and worrying about keeping them too long or not having them when I come back from getting food would make it worth it to me.

Good idea but I think it would have to be done on another deck than the main deck, otherwise there would be no space for anything else.

I know some cruise lines offer this (ex: Carnival Mardi Gras) but they have a whole section for it, away from the other pools.

Good idea but I think it would have to be done on another deck than the main deck, otherwise there would be no space for anything else.

I know some cruise lines offer this (ex: Carnival Mardi Gras) but they have a whole section for it, away from the other pools.
I believe this is called concierge. :)

Yes! This is a great idea. And make them waterproof!
There's been many threads about this topic, there's a lot of inherent issues with converting the KTTW card to a magic band type of identifier, primarily being when you depart the ship in ports, often many ports request some kind of ID to show you're a guest on the ship, with the KTTW card it has your name and ship name etc. that has been accepted at many ports, so you don't need to bring your passport or other official ID, with a MB that wouldn't be possible, another issue is for purchases on board, especially pool side or in the WD theater, if you want a drink (alcohol) or food you usually give your server the KTTW card so they can print out a bill you sign, (with tip of course) to use MB's for this would mean outfitting every venue on board with portable "readers" and printers or a digital screen you can sign for your purchase, logistically this really isn't practical for DCL as they would have to create a wireless network solely for purchase devices. What MIGHT be a alternative is allowing guests to get their KTTW card when they board and if they wish to add a MB (I'm thinking for kids here) you would pay a fee to have it keyed to the guests stateroom and specifically to each guest. I know other cruise lines offer some kind of token/medallion like device for access etc. But I also believe the guest is issued a card for ID as well.

I'm a paper guy. Maybe someday we can have a thread with voting tabs if the cruise ships ever get released from time out.
Me too! I love the paper, the highlighting the paper, all of it :) I also like to put my phone in the safe and and not see it again for 7 nights.

I wish they would have another themed dinner/show in the rotation like Rapunzel's royal table or Tiana's place. This would be a great time to do a Moana resteraunt with Hawaiian style food like the Polynesia or maybe Chinese inspired food with Mulan or maybe The captain's Table with the fab 5 and maybe some other supporting characters. I think these interactive experience dinners with characters seem to be so popular. I'd love to see them on the new ship/ships and maybe even on the remaining 2 that don't have this someday.
I agree! We loved Rapunzel's and Tiana's so much!

Being that we've only sailed Disney, I can't comment on the other line's food quality. But I would sort of agree with you on the Quick Service Foods, I do find on the Wonder (the ship we've sailed on the most) that I tend to get more food items from Daisy's Delite's as it offers more fresh and healthier offerings. I would very much like to see more of that reflected in the others, less fried foods and more fresh or healthier prepared foods, also I wouldn't mind if they would have one of the quick service stands open for early risers (ie, 5 or 6 am) so we can get something with out having to wait until Cabanas opens or resorting to staying in the stateroom and ordering room service. I am always up early and like wandering around the upper decks before the rest of the guest wake up and would really like to have some kind of breakfast bite. And many have mentioned a casual restaurant that is open for "anytime" dining, that definitely would be possible on the new ships, but for the old ships like Magic & Wonder finding space for a small bistro style place would be really interesting.
I also wish they had something open early morning. Even if it was just coffee and fruit cups or pastries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter