The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

Are they still using the travel sized toiletries at DLH or are there the mutli-use dispensers in the shower?

When we were at GCV in March 2022, there were still the small ones and I was SO happy to see them there!
As of last week, it was still the small Travel Sized H2O+ lotion, shampoo, conditioner, etc.

We are staying here in April, booked a standard view, family of 5. It seems like everyone has requested Fantasy tower - is that mostly to avoid construction noise or are there other benefits?

We are staying here in April, booked a standard view, family of 5. It seems like everyone has requested Fantasy tower - is that mostly to avoid construction noise or are there other benefits?
I don't know the answer to your question, but just wanted to say I always request Adventure tower. They do have standard rooms (mainly because they're on a lower floor or the view is blocked by palm trees). I prefer that location and the tower is newer. I think almost all of the rooms are the same size, whereas Fantasy has an odd assortment of room sizes, for some reason.

That said, I'm not sure how the construction will affect things in Adventure, at least on the DTD side.

We just got home from our trip, which was capped off with a night in DLH club level (a premium view room on the 9th floor). Happy to answer any club lounge questions people might have re: food offerings, hours, etc..
Thanks for offering to answer questions. First-time at DLH for myself, adult-daughter and friend, last November. We'd stayed, once, at GCH as well. What started as a one-off budget Adult Disney Princess trip at Castle Inn in April 2019 has somehow morphed into an annual splurge!

When I said I'd booked a standard room at DLH for our trip last November, the two princesses were, well, disappointed. They'd enjoyed the balcony and position of GCH premium room. On arrival at DLH It took all of 20 minutes for them to declare DLH the hands-down fave.

I keep saying "this is the LAST splurgy trip!", to myself and to them but, I just can't seem to stop myself, lol. I'm 62 this year and DD & friend 25 so, how many years will they be available to join me and, how many more will I be able to join them? Who knows but, I'm going to keep it going, for now and to that end I've just booked us in a premium room for 3-nights at Club Level ... eeeekkkkk!!! I'm so excited!

SORRY for the long intro. Here's my question - I know you can take food and drinks to your room but, can you also take them down to the pool or, outside the pool but still in the grounds? I can see us wanting to enjoy a few glasses of wine and mimosas surrounded by the beauty that is/surrounds the pool area.

Oh - one more question for those who might have done super-early check-in since Early Entry - is it possible to turn up to DLH at 6:00a.m., leave bags, and use EE that first day? I'm thinking we might stay somewhere nearby (Alpine Inn?) the night before then scoot over to DLH at crack of dawn. It seem such a shame to waste one of our three EEs by flying in on our first day, arriving mid-afternoon.

Last edited:
is it possible to turn up to DLH at 6:00a.m., leave bags, and use EE that first day
Yes. I’ve done it. And, I’ve checked in through the app, so I didn’t even need to stop at the front desk. Literally pulled up, dropped my bags at bell service, left my car at the valet, and walked through the lobby and straight to security at downtown Disney.

I’ve never had a problem with the online check-in, but I know some people say they did it, and never received a room ready text. So, if you do choose online check-in, and you haven’t received a text by later in the afternoon, you can always go back and check with the front desk at a time that’s convenient for you.

Edit: oh, in an online check-in scenario, you will need to show the CMs at the EE checkpoint (outside Plaza Inn) your room reservation either in the app or in an email. Or, if you did regular check-in at the front desk, your room key.

Thanks for offering to answer questions. First-time at DLH for myself, adult-daughter and friend, last November. We'd stayed, once, at GCH as well. What started as a one-off budget Adult Disney Princess trip at Castle Inn in April 2019 has somehow morphed into an annual splurge!

When I said I'd booked a standard room at DLH for our trip last November, the two princesses were, well, disappointed. They'd enjoyed the balcony and position of GCH premium room. On arrival at DLH It took all of 20 minutes for them to declare DLH the hands-down fave.

I keep saying "this is the LAST splurgy trip!", to myself and to them but, I just can't seem to stop myself, lol. I'm 62 this year and DD & friend 25 so, how many years will they be available to join me and, how many more will I be able to join them? Who knows but, I'm going to keep it going, for now and to that end I've just booked us in a premium room for 3-nights at Club Level ... eeeekkkkk!!! I'm so excited!

SORRY for the long intro. Here's my question - I know you can take food and drinks to your room but, can you also take them down to the pool or, outside the pool but still in the grounds? I can see us wanting to enjoy a few glasses of wine and mimosas surrounded by the beauty that is/surrounds the pool area.

Oh - one more question for those who might have done super-early check-in since Early Entry - is it possible to turn up to DLH at 6:00a.m., leave bags, and use EE that first day? I'm thinking we might stay somewhere nearby (Alpine Inn?) the night before then scoot over to DLH at crack of dawn. It seem such a shame to waste one of our three EEs by flying in on our first day, arriving mid-afternoon.

We do this all the time. We live in San Diego and like to take the train up. We try to stay DLH concierge level when it is financially feasible and, if it is, we usually head up the night before and then stay someone nearby so we can take advantage of EE. We check-in to DLH at5:45/6am, head to the concierge lounge, grab a quick bite to eat, then head to the parks.

We take drinks from the concierge lounge down to the pool all the time. We just tell them we are going to the pool and they pour our beer or champagne into a plastic cup. I haven’t seen any “no alcohol beyond this point” signs at the hotel, I think because people get drinks at Trader Sams and then take them back to their rooms. My guess would be that hotel grounds are okay, but you can’t step off the DLH sidewalk into the street. Have fun!!

Yeah you can take your alcohol anywhere on the DLH property or any Disney hotel property as long as you don't leave hotel property. I was staying at Paradise Pier in January so we got to use the DLH pool since the Paradise Pier one is closed. They drive you over from one hotel to the other on a golf cart so they let me take my to go drink from the DLH property, into the golf cart and then into Paradise Pier since I technically was on Disney hotel property the whole time even when I was in the golf cart. I don't think I could have walked back to Paradise Pier with my drink but they let me ride back no questions asked :)

You got great answers to your questions already! :) I will echo the others and emphasize that it's absolutely not an issue for the club staff at all. In fact, nearly every time that I ordered something alcoholic, the immediate response was "is that for here or to go?" The only time I wasn't asked that question was when we had settled down into the prime window seats for the fireworks and were clearly not moving! Enjoy your stay!!

You got great answers to your questions already! :) I will echo the others and emphasize that it's absolutely not an issue for the club staff at all. In fact, nearly every time that I ordered something alcoholic, the immediate response was "is that for here or to go?" The only time I wasn't asked that question was when we had settled down into the prime window seats for the fireworks and were clearly not moving! Enjoy your stay!!
How early did you get there for fireworks? of course we intend to get drinks and desserts. But i’m sure a lot of people will have the same plan 😂

How early did you get there for fireworks? of course we intend to get drinks and desserts. But i’m sure a lot of people will have the same plan 😂
I'm sure it's totally variable - but we actually did not get there that early. I hadn't even finished my desserts before the fireworks started. DH and I got there maybe 15, 20min before they started? And we got one of the prime window-side tables. From the sound of the conversation, there were a couple tables who had gotten there right when the dessert hour hit to camp for the evening, but surprisingly, most people were passing in and out. My kids (teenagers) had done that too. I absolutely loved the experience and would totally do that again, but I'm guessing most people were in the parks still? I could understand why people wouldn't want to skip out of the parks early to go back to DLH, when fireworks get canceled so often. We wanted to get our money's worth out of club level LOL, and that was our 4th park day in a row, so it worked out for us.

I'm sure it's totally variable - but we actually did not get there that early. I hadn't even finished my desserts before the fireworks started. DH and I got there maybe 15, 20min before they started? And we got one of the prime window-side tables. From the sound of the conversation, there were a couple tables who had gotten there right when the dessert hour hit to camp for the evening, but surprisingly, most people were passing in and out. My kids (teenagers) had done that too. I absolutely loved the experience and would totally do that again, but I'm guessing most people were in the parks still? I could understand why people wouldn't want to skip out of the parks early to go back to DLH, when fireworks get canceled so often. We wanted to get our money's worth out of club level LOL, and that was our 4th park day in a row, so it worked out for us.
Thanks! Our first hotel day is a non park day. Thought it would be nice to actually enjoy the hotel and the room for the first time in many trips. We usually just sleep and shower there. Looking for to the lunge and hope the fireworks happen while were there. We're at about 50/50 LOL!

It's our one and only trip from the East Coast to Disneyland and I just booked DLH club level -- eeek! Two nuggets I haven't been able to hunt down is whether they are still serving Mickey waffles as they were pre-pandemic, and whether it is possible to make an iced coffee or espresso drink to go somehow. Anyone know?

It's our one and only trip from the East Coast to Disneyland and I just booked DLH club level -- eeek! Two nuggets I haven't been able to hunt down is whether they are still serving Mickey waffles as they were pre-pandemic, and whether it is possible to make an iced coffee or espresso drink to go somehow. Anyone know?
Everything I've read so far is only a continental breakfast of fruit, cereal, yogurt and prepackaged pastry. Mickey waffles would be amazing!

As a parent of a toddler I feel like this is a big reason to book club level. I had my daughter all bathed and in her pajamas and basically ready for bed before we headed over to watch the fireworks and eat desserts/drink Champaign. When the show was over all I had to do was carry her back to the room and put her to bed. Even with a nap she never would have made it to the 9:30 fireworks in the park but she loved watching them in her pajamas. Also we were able to take advantage of the mid day snacks because we went back to the room to nap each day so the cost felt worth it to us for the convenience.

They did not have waffles in December... so it would be a really recent re-addition. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I don't recall any warm/hot foods other than oatmeal. Cold meats/cheeses, deviled eggs, pastries, cereals, fruit, yogurt, chia pudding (that was really good!), various bars.

You can definitely get iced coffee or espresso to go. We did. They will make any kind of flavored fancy latte you want, too. You can self-serve for the basics (including the espresso machine), but the staff will make fancier things.

Everything I've read so far is only a continental breakfast of fruit, cereal, yogurt and prepackaged pastry. Mickey waffles would be amazing!
Slightly more (see my response above) but breakfast wasn't really that exciting. The best of the spreads, by a far, was the happy hour appetizer spread. I really enjoyed all the fancy apps they had. They "felt" fancy and actually tasted good! The dessert buffet was more "looks pretty, tastes... ok".

Two nuggets I haven't been able to hunt down is whether they are still serving Mickey waffles as they were pre-pandemic, and whether it is possible to make an iced coffee or espresso drink to go somehow. Anyone know?
As of Dec, the waffles had not returned. My daughter makes an iced latte every morning. You make it hot and put it over ice. My 12yo granddaughter has learned to make them for her. She also likes to make steamed vanilla milk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter