The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

I actually think that Disneyland Hotel Club Level is better than the Grand to me. The food at GCH might be slightly better (but not significantly) but the view from the DLH club can't be beat. You can sit in the club and watch the fireworks with the music piped in and a cocktail and desert in hand. This is especially valuable for me at this point in my life because I have little kids so I can put them to bed right after the fireworks end instead of having to walk all the way back from the parks. I don't think you can go wrong with either one but at this point in my life I would choose DLH.

When just comparing the club levels, I agree that the DLH hotel is superior as far as view goes for the fireworks, and just the view in general (minus the DTD construction). We really value the view for the fireworks since we can’t view them in the parks due to my husband’s severe sensitivity to explosions due to his PTSD. The view from the Veranda was okay, but the E-Ticket Lounge view is amazing, far superior. I recently stayed GCH club level for 4 days and wasn’t super impressed with the food offerings. I was expecting superior offerings in quality and variety, and we just didn’t get it. But the GCH location just can’t be beat, especially if your room is located near an elevator. The walk at the end of the day is nice and short. Although, if you’re staying club level at DLH, the walk to the Adventure Tower is nearly the same distance as the furthest always rooms at GCH.

Question for those who have stayed at both…is GCH CL *that* much better than DLH CL? Or is it like WDW where the differences between CLs are functionally minimal and really a matter of personal preference? And are there any major differences with the club level rooms themselves between the two hotels?

The week we are going, GCH is $500 a night more than DLH between comparable CL rooms at the two hotels, and considering CL is already $500 a night more than a regular non-CL room, that’s a large dollar sign for me to run past the hubby. We’ve stayed at both hotels before, and they each have pros and cons, but CL is really about the lounge and the food, and we haven’t done club at either.

Thanks!
The lounge really is a big factor, as PPs have said. The hosts are very much into it and know how special watching fireworks is from there. We were there just after Christmas, when all the decorations were still up. One of them even timed "re-lighting" of the tree. It was a great experience.

Also - the CL room view we had was great, too. My teens were tired and in the room already, and they could easily see the fireworks (just no music of course); if we had little kids in bed, that would have been super useful. DH and I sat there in our room watching the DL and CA park lights for a good while after the DL fireworks - we could see parts of Fantasmic's 2nd show too.

We’ve been here the past few days. We left our room at 6:40 one morning, 6:50 the other morning. Both mornings there was a decent line at security when we arrived down there (just outside the hotel), but it moved VERY quickly once security opened at 7:00. They had seven or eight stations going. We took our time walking down to the parks and were in line at the gates at the parks by 7:15/7:20. Both days they opened the gates around 7:25. The first morning they were having technical difficulties at the particular turnstile we were at (what luck! Haha!), so we stood there a good three or four minutes as all the other people in the other lines streamed into the park. Even so, I have photos inside the park timestamped 7:29 and we were able to walk straight on to several rides in Fantasyland. We were able to do so much during the Early Entry period each morning!
Hope this helps and hope you have a similar experience! Enjoy your time!
Thank you for the breakdown! Glad you had a nice experience!

Sorry if I missed this but which tower is the club level in? And are all the CL rooms in that tower?
The concierge lounge is in the Adventure Tower, top floor. It overlooks DTD and part of both parks.

I think they try and keep club rooms in that tower but I've heard of people having rooms in one of the other towers. I'm not sure if that's due to a shortage in the Adventure Tower or if they added concierge onto an existing reservation or what.

Note that even if you have a concierge room and you're in the Adventure tower you may not be on the club floor. Much of that floor is dedicated to the themed specialty suites. I think it's the 15th floor but I'm not sure.

The concierge lounge is in the Adventure Tower, top floor. It overlooks DTD and part of both parks.

I think they try and keep club rooms in that tower but I've heard of people having rooms in one of the other towers. I'm not sure if that's due to a shortage in the Adventure Tower or if they added concierge onto an existing reservation or what.

Note that even if you have a concierge room and you're in the Adventure tower you may not be on the club floor. Much of that floor is dedicated to the themed specialty suites. I think it's the 15th floor but I'm not sure.

Concierge rooms are the top two floors in the Adventure Tower. When people have concierge but are not in the Adventure Tower, it is because they added it on to a suite or room at check-in. Or they booked a concierge room and specifically asked for a different tower.

Also - the CL room view we had was great, too. My teens were tired and in the room already, and they could easily see the fireworks (just no music of course); if we had little kids in bed, that would have been super useful. DH and I sat there in our room watching the DL and CA park lights for a good while after the DL fireworks - we could see parts of Fantasmic's 2nd show too.
You can get music piped into your room! It's located on a special channel. They have both the WoC music and Fireworks music timed perfectly.

We never watch in the CL lounge, just grab some beverages/snacks and take it back to the room for a private viewing with music in the room.

You can get music piped into your room! It's located on a special channel. They have both the WoC music and Fireworks music timed perfectly.

We never watch in the CL lounge, just grab some beverages/snacks and take it back to the room for a private viewing with music in the room.
I had no idea! Honestly they probably were half-watching and didn't care (#teenagers), but that's good info for the future. Although I have to say it was kind of nice to be in a room with people, with all of us clapping at the end and the enthusiastic CMs. :)

Concierge rooms are the top two floors in the Adventure Tower. When people have concierge but are not in the Adventure Tower, it is because they added it on to a suite or room at check-in. Or they booked a concierge room and specifically asked for a different tower.
Just to clarify, the E-Ticket Lounge is on the top (11th) floor of the Adventure Tower. It has 4 non-suite rooms on that floor. Club rooms that are premium view are floors 8 and above. Standard view rooms can be any floor. Suite with Club added can be in any of the towers. I have been in the Frontier Tower with a club level room. Not really a big deal for me as I like the balconies on the top floor of the Frontier.

Just to clarify, the E-Ticket Lounge is on the top (11th) floor of the Adventure Tower. It has 4 non-suite rooms on that floor. Club rooms that are premium view are floors 8 and above. Standard view rooms can be any floor. Suite with Club added can be in any of the towers. I have been in the Frontier Tower with a club level room. Not really a big deal for me as I like the balconies on the top floor of the Frontier.

I’ve never been lower than the 10th floor with a concierge level room regardless of whether I had a standard or premium view. Whenever I’ve had a standard view, my room faced the pool, for premium DTD. I guess I’m just lucky.

“Back in the day”, Club level rooms all had DVD players and you could pick out movies at the concierge desk in the lounge. I think that’s why I assumed they were specific rooms in the Adventure Tower.

I’ve never been lower than the 10th floor with a concierge level room regardless of whether I had a standard or premium view. Whenever I’ve had a standard view, my room faced the pool, for premium DTD. I guess I’m just lucky.

“Back in the day”, Club level rooms all had DVD players and you could pick out movies at the concierge desk in the lounge. I think that’s why I assumed they were specific rooms in the Adventure Tower.
Yes, they actually installed them in club rooms as needed. We were in a room on the 11th floor and there was no DVD player, so Dave in the E-Ticket sent it up. But they just dropped it off, so I have great pics of my kids installing it! I remember on one of my first trips when we were on the 8th floor I asked the VIP coordinator that was walking us up that I thought all Club rooms were 9th and 10th floors, and they explained it to us.

We once stayed in the Fairy Tale Suite, which is right next door to the CL. Now that was awesome! We ran over one evening and got snacks and champagne--er, sparkling wine--and watched the fireworks from our room. It was quite handy to be able to go next door for goodies :)

Hi! I am hoping someone can help me.... I am kind of thinking I made a huge mistake.

I booked a 1 bd(hearing accessible) 2 queen family suite(only option) at DLH for a week beginning of August & now am thinking I made a mistake possibly.

I wanted to do a suite but was opened to doing adjoining rooms. The reason that I went with the suite was not only will be nice to all be in the same room, BUT I was told that a lot of the accessible rooms have balconies. The reason we wanted a balcony if possible was there is someone in our party who has issues quite often(even more so in new places or stress etc.) and needs to go outside into fresh air. Or at least the possibility of doing it or it can turn into a full on panic attack at times.

I was thinking if worse comes to worse even if I got get a King bed family suite instead of the 2 queens(we are 2 adults' & 2 kids 14/5 but they will be on the sofa & possible rollaway bed) it would give more of 'space' and hopefully help.

I just am in sort of a panic thinking I made a mistake and need to rebook and go over to GCH(DLH is our preference) for the balcony.

We booked with Getawaytoday that has been great but I haven't contacted them yet about this. I did speak to the reservation line 2x. It was the 1st time the very nice CM told me about the accessibility rooms balconies etc. but after worrying most of the night I called and another CM told me there was NO balconies at all at the DLH anymore.

I guess any advice would help greatly.

Hi! I am hoping someone can help me.... I am kind of thinking I made a huge mistake.

I booked a 1 bd(hearing accessible) 2 queen family suite(only option) at DLH for a week beginning of August & now am thinking I made a mistake possibly.

I wanted to do a suite but was opened to doing adjoining rooms. The reason that I went with the suite was not only will be nice to all be in the same room, BUT I was told that a lot of the accessible rooms have balconies. The reason we wanted a balcony if possible was there is someone in our party who has issues quite often(even more so in new places or stress etc.) and needs to go outside into fresh air. Or at least the possibility of doing it or it can turn into a full on panic attack at times.

I was thinking if worse comes to worse even if I got get a King bed family suite instead of the 2 queens(we are 2 adults' & 2 kids 14/5 but they will be on the sofa & possible rollaway bed) it would give more of 'space' and hopefully help.

I just am in sort of a panic thinking I made a mistake and need to rebook and go over to GCH(DLH is our preference) for the balcony.

We booked with Getawaytoday that has been great but I haven't contacted them yet about this. I did speak to the reservation line 2x. It was the 1st time the very nice CM told me about the accessibility rooms balconies etc. but after worrying most of the night I called and another CM told me there was NO balconies at all at the DLH anymore.

I guess any advice would help greatly.
There are some balconies at DLH, but only in Frontier tower as far as I know, and not in every room. You could request that, but if you need it for sure it might be a good idea to switch to GCH.

There are some balconies at DLH, but only in Frontier tower as far as I know, and not in every room. You could request that, but if you need it for sure it might be a good idea to switch to GCH.
Do you think if our travel agent notated asking for the Frontier tower and for balcony for XYZ reasons do you think there is a good chance? Or just wait closer to check in?

As others have said only frontier tower has balconies. We’ve had one everytime in a suite in that tower, either one or two bedroom. I don’t know if they all have balconies (the suites), or we just got lucky.

Do you think if our travel agent notated asking for the Frontier tower and for balcony for XYZ reasons do you think there is a good chance? Or just wait closer to check in?
Every time I've ever made tower or room requests the CMs say they'll try but they can't guarantee anything. If you do want to try, you could contact them now and then a bit closer to your check in date.

I have a trip coming up next month to Disneyland Hotel. Is it customary to tip the hosts when they serve you alcoholic drinks in E-Ticket Lounge?
We tip a couple dollars each time they make a drink for us. I have noticed some people do not give anything, but we always make sure to have cash on us. We also tip housekeeping $10 or so a day, $5 for turndown service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter