The Godfather's Live Trip Report, photopass added post #442

wayneg

The time is almost here, we leave on Friday for our 26th visit to Florida.
This trip will also be a 1st visit for relatives who are travelling with us, Karen's Cousin (Lucy) her DH (Paul) and their DD, our 3 year old Goddaughter (Lily)
Not sure how much time I will get to keep up with the thread but I hope to update most evenings whilst we are out there, I hope some of you will tag along with our journey.
Link to Matt's Blog, his perspective on our trip. http://mathewgillings.wordpress.com/

This trip will probably be our busiest ever:
16 days at OKW on DDP,
Seaworld,
Busch Gardens,
Universal & IOA,
Hot Air Balloon ride,
Geocaching in Orlando, Nassau & Castaway Cay,
Matt visiting the Orlando Sentinel look around the newsroom to meet Editors & reporters,
4 day cruise on Disney Dream incl Brunch at Palo & Parasailing. DISmeet & FE gifting http://homepage.ntlworld.com/asters/Dismeet Aug 11.htm
2 other DISmeets http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2621880
Ending with 3 nights at the Holiday Inn DTD
Lots more.

Starting a couple of days early so I don't go without posting the pics below. Myself, Matt & Karen have been busy designing meal invitations (plus other stuff) to give to Lily each day; we pulled 2 or 3 from the DISign threads but made the rest ourselves.

Invitation we sent her a few days ago through the mail.
P1060798.jpg

Sheets to keep track of our DDP credits, I would never hear the end of it if I had 1 more than Matt:rotfl2:
P1060803.jpg

Activity book Karen has made for the plane
P1060802.jpg

Stuff to stick up in the studio & a tag for the pushchair
P1060801.jpg

EPCOT passport
P1060799.jpg

And the meal invites
P1060806.jpg

P1060804.jpg

P1060805.jpg

Wow! That looks like a busy trip, and really thorough planning! Makes me feel a bit unprepared seeing all those meal invites....
Have a great time, may see you at a Dis meet, but dw is a bit undecided at the moment.
Matty

Have a great time, may see you at a Dis meet, but dw is a bit undecided at the moment.
Matty

Hope you can make it, even if its just for 5-10 mins to say hello. There were a few last year who were unsure about coming, all were glad they did. Its very informal and great to say hello to people you have spoke to for years.:goodvibes

OMG!!! those are sooooooooooooooo cool!!!
you guys are INCREDIBLE!!!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Thank you!!!!
We really enjoyed making them, I think Liberty tree is my fave, Sanaa a very close 2nd.
Its going to be great seeing Disney with a 3 year old again.:banana:

I wondered about the title of your thread but can see how "chuffed" you all are sharing this holiday with your god daughter.
Looking forward to yours and Matt's updates and the perspective of your 1st time guests :goodvibes

Thank you!!!!
We really enjoyed making them, I think Liberty tree is my fave, Sanaa a very close 2nd.
Its going to be great seeing Disney with a 3 year old again.:banana:

i love them all!!!!!

i bet it will be a blast seeing it with her...

i've done a few preparations for my 'kids', but they're nothing in comparison to your masterpieces!!! :thumbsup2

great design

have you any done for your door on the cruise ?

26th trip! Wow thats a lot of airmiles

Love the invitations, might do that for our kids.Its those little exra touches that can make it so much more special.
Look forward to the live reports..popcorn::

My you've been busy - great job :thumbsup2

Have a fabulous tip, looking forward to the food pics.

I'm sure having you're goddaughter along will make you stop and try lots of new things - if she's anything like my little girl colouring mad you will be sat for ages at every sharpie spot in world showcase colouring in duffy bear!

Cant wait to hear more - especially the Dream trip part - we are looking at next year to go on that ship.

Have a great time:thumbsup2

Great job with those invitations! :thumbsup2 I'm sure that Lily is going to have an awesome time! princess: Can't wait to hear more :surfweb: Hope that you all have a safe flight and a magical trip! :goodvibes

Love it all wayne, going to look into bits like that for my girls, they will be nearly two when we fly.

What is the epcot passport? Ive never done disney with kids so will be totally different for us this year

sounds like a magical trip you have planned, love all the invitations they are amazing. :goodvibes

Wayne, will look forward to your trippie! Love all the stuff you have made for Lily :)

Lovelovelove ur reports. Makes me feel like im there with you. What a lovely thought doing all those things for lily mae. Great memories for her. Hope u hv a fab time the gillings family. Oh give mart a kick up the u know what from me and tell nige to watch his step:lmao: lookin forward to ur dream reviews. Can u check out the kids clubs wayne? Magical wishes and safe journey.
No dizzy this time?

Love it all wayne, going to look into bits like that for my girls, they will be nearly two when we fly.

What is the epcot passport? Ive never done disney with kids so will be totally different for us this year

the passport is like having a real passport and i think the kids can get them stamped in each country...i think they also sell something like that in epcot...maybe....
plus there are activities for kids to do in each country - craft things....
a lot of kids love doing stuff like that....i think they're called kidcot fun stops or something like that...

this is from allears.net:

Kids may initially think World Showcase is going to be a big snooze for them, but you can encourage their active participation in learning about the various countries by getting them a World Showcase Passport. The passports are sold for around $10 at most stores and carts throughout Epcot, and include a set of country stamps and a big "I'm a World Showcase Traveler" button. As you visit the WS pavilions, your child can have Cast Members at the KIDCOT stations (see description following) stamp the passport and write something in his/her native language.

Did you ever see those brightly colored KIDCOT signs and wonder what they were for? Well, each pavilion in World Showcase (and a few in Future World) features a KIDCOT station specially for the youngsters in your group. At these stations, which usually operate only in the afternoons, there is a small table manned by Cast Members from the various countries. They will talk with children about their native land, engage them in a craft, stamp their World Showcase Passports if they have one, and sign a personal message in the language of the country

Wow Wayne - those invites, the passport, labels and the personalised message from the Mouse himself for Lily are fabby! :cool1: I never cease to be amazed at the thought and creativity you put into the details of your hols. :worship: Lily is very lucky to be having her first taste of Disney with you, Karen and Matt - it will be extra special. :thumbsup2 Have a fantastic time. Awaiting your reports with bated breath. :woohoo:

Mrs TT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter