The Godfather's Live Trip Report, photopass added post #442

Have you managed to bump into Beth yet?

No:sad1:
Had a look for her in the Studios the other day. She never turned up to the meet.

Before the DISmeet we ate at wulfgang Puck express, as good as ever. My Salmon was fantastic for a CS credit.
P1070370Medium.jpg

P1070366Medium.jpg

P1070368Medium.jpg

P1070367Medium.jpg

P1070369Medium.jpg

P1070371Medium.jpg

P1070373Medium.jpg

P1070372Medium.jpg

Yesterday was Seaworld in the morning, saw the rays, fed the dolphins, watched the Blue Horizons show, rode Kraken, into the penguins, sealions, around to Dolphin nursery and out for lunch at POFQ,
myself & Matt shared a massive pizza, not often we eat pizza but this one was really nice.
Pic of flamingo nibbling my arm.
P1070420Medium.jpg

P1070458Medium.jpg

P1070457Medium.jpg

P1070456Medium.jpg

Dinner at Yachtsman, there was a recent thread about dress code, I said last year it was a little more dressy but we ate later, this year an early meal (5:50pm) and it was totally the opposite, very few dressed up, most in shorts & Tshirts.
Service last year was exceptional, this year still good but it was never going to be as good as last time. As for the food, bread with butter and garlic, so good I asked for another basket, steaks fantastic, so tasty paprika fries delicious( I made a mini chip butty:rotfl2:) If I could have ths steak with Raglan road bread & butter pud I think that is close to my perfect meal. Desserts were OK but not my sort of thing, Karen
& Matt's looked better than mine.
P1070467Medium.jpg

P1070470Medium.jpg

P1070471Medium.jpg

P1070472Medium.jpg

P1070473Medium.jpg

P1070475Medium.jpg

P1070478Medium.jpg

P1070476Medium.jpg

Wayne, those desserts looks yummy!!
happy anniversary by the way!!!

i can't believe the salmon at WPE - i'm going to have to try to get us over there....amazing looking CS meal!!!

Sounds like you're all having a great time! I didn't care for the Yachtsman desserts either so I had a cheese platter instead - that was delicious!
Will definitely be making the trip this Christmas for some beneignets (sp) from POFQ as I can see in your photo - not managed to try them yet.

Lovely photo of you and Karen.

Also lovely photos of Matt and Lili

What date do you depart on the Dream as we keep watching webcam for the the dream departures?

Just catching up.

Great trip report, Wayne!

Seen the photo of the mixed grill. Not like the ones served here in Lancashire!Are you sure it wasn't just a kebab??

:rotfl:

Yesterday (Friday) we spent a couple of hours in Typhoon Lagoon before going for lunch with friend who work at Disney. Ate at POR, same meals as before so didn't bother with pics. After lunch our friend was going to Cast Connection so invited us along, its 2 shops where CM can buy things from the parks/resorts at a discount. Last time we were allowed in both shops, now one is CM's only. Still good to look around as well as groceries & merchandise they sell off old stuff like old pictures, office equipment, props etc. Matt bought a DCL ice bucket for $2. Matt also took a few pics as we passed buildings not usually seen.
P1070499Medium.jpg

P1070503Medium.jpg

P1070506Medium.jpg

Evening meal was at Sanaa, a place we have booked twice and cancelled twice after hearing bad reviews, 3rd time lucky. We decided to make up our our mind and so glad we did, I have no idea how spicy people like their food but we have been eating curry's for years and we found some of the food very spicy, especially the Spicy Durban Chicken, it had a real kick with it.
I don't think you should try compare with a UK curry house, its totally different food, we found some spicy some not so spicy but still full of flavour.
Myself and Paul went for starters, Paul had Lamb Kefta Kabobs - with mint chutney, I love scallops so had those, Mustard Seed-crusted Scallops - with a Coconut Cream Sauce. Main course they had wild alaskan salmon with Shrimp & Scallops, even though I should have gone with something more in keeping with the theme of the restaurant I couldn't resist.
The totals if paying OOP were the lowest of any meal we have eaten onsite yet one of the best meals we have ever had, highly recommend eating here.

P1070514Medium.jpg

P1070522Medium.jpg

P1070524Medium.jpg

P1070532Medium.jpg

P1070534Medium.jpg

P1070533Medium.jpg

P1070537Medium.jpg

P1070538Medium.jpg

P1070539Medium.jpg

P1070540Medium.jpg

P1070541Medium.jpg

P1070548Medium.jpg

P1070549Medium.jpg

P1070550Medium.jpg

We have been to Disney a few times now and are going again in Sept but I don't think the portions are huge or any more tastier for the price compared to a nice restaurant here in the UK.

Great reports and pcs wayne. I am so tempted to book Saana but staying at AKL we may just leave it till we get there. LOve the pic of matt and lily.So cute.Glad to see dizzy is enjoying himself. He will need some new clothes if he carrys on eating so much by the time we take him:lmao::cool1:

interesting pictures!!!

and now my time has come - after eons of planning, the day has arrived....
so hard to believe!!!

gotta go get some shut eye....tomorrow we fly...and fly....and fly....and fly....

i'm really looking forward to meeting you all!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

interesting pictures!!!

so hard to believe!!!

gotta go get some shut eye....tomorrow we fly...and fly....and fly....and fly....

Have a great holiday Beth:)

Annette x

I'm late to this party (had a very busy life lately!) .... but will read Matt's blog asap. I hope you all continue to have a really good time. Love to you all :goodvibes

interesting pictures!!!

so hard to believe!!!

Have a safe flight and a wonderful trip! :thumbsup2

Great photos Wayne! :thumbsup2 Really enjoying the great TR. Thanks for posting! :goodvibes

Evening meal was at Sanaa, a place we have booked twice and cancelled twice after hearing bad reviews, 3rd time lucky. We decided to make up our our mind and so glad we did, I have no idea how spicy people like their food but we have been eating curry's for years and we found some of the food very spicy, especially the Spicy Durban Chicken, it had a real kick with it.
I don't think you should try compare with a UK curry house, its totally different food, we found some spicy some not so spicy but still full of flavour.
Myself and Paul went for starters, Paul had Lamb Kefta Kabobs - with mint chutney, I love scallops so had those, Mustard Seed-crusted Scallops - with a Coconut Cream Sauce. Main course they had wild alaskan salmon with Shrimp & Scallops, even though I should have gone with something more in keeping with the theme of the restaurant I couldn't resist.
The totals if paying OOP were the lowest of any meal we have eaten onsite yet one of the best meals we have ever had, highly recommend eating here.

Wayne, are there lots of options for non spicy food as well? My OH LOVES his spice but he's the only one! :lmao:

This looks prefect for a family with one who loves hot food and 1 adult and two kids who don't! And we LOVE salmon too :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter