The Greatest Showman

I didn't watch it, but I did watch "This is Me" on Youtube, and think that song deserved the Oscar. (Yes, I know it went to "Remember Me" and this is the wrong place to show anti-Disney bias, but it is what it is!!)

Hugh Jackman is very talented but I am past my saturation point with him. Not a fan of Zac Efron. And that's why I never saw the movie.

I had no idea who Hugh Jackman was. Ive heard the name, but have never seen a movie with him in it. Ive watched plenty of HSM in my day, with 3 kids. I had NO IDEA that was Zack Efron until the movie was over, my son mentioned his name and I was like "Zack Efron was in this???" Even my second time watching, I looked closely and still would never have guessed. If you like musicals, a good story (true or false) and fantastic music, you should give it a chance.

This movie is my obsession! I saw this over 12 times in the theater and then 2 times when it went to the dollar show and bought it the minute it came out and keep watching it over and over again! I have the soundtrack in my truck and even my husband and kids love the movie (just not as much as I do!!)

This movie is my obsession! I saw this over 12 times in the theater and then 2 times when it went to the dollar show and bought it the minute it came out and keep watching it over and over again! I have the soundtrack in my truck and even my husband and kids love the movie (just not as much as I do!!)

I want to watch it 12 times, but my husband is already teasing me about the 3 times I did see it. I dont want my family thinking Im crazier than they already think I am! The soundtrack in my car is getting me through the days of withdrawals!

I want to watch it 12 times, but my husband is already teasing me about the 3 times I did see it. I dont want my family thinking Im crazier than they already think I am! The soundtrack in my car is getting me through the days of withdrawals!

Hahaha, my family understands my obsession and they love to talk about it with friends of ours that have the same obsession! They always ask them how many times they have seen the movie and then brag that I am still the champion! LOL!!! Our Barnes and Noble plays some of the songs in-store and I always sing along, but what makes it funnier is that even my 10 year old son can sing along! My husband rolls his eyes and laughs too but quickly buys me a drink in the cafe to keep my mouth shut! LOL

I am currently obsessed with this movie. I didn't see it in theaters, but watched it twice on a trans-Pacific flight, which is where my obsession began. I've since bought it on Amazon digital. I've not watched it again in its entirety, but there are certain scenes that I watch every day. I have seen a lot of musicals in my life, and I think that the musical numbers for "This Is Me" and "From Now On" contain more joy in them than in any other musical I have ever seen. This is not a perfect film, but for those 2 scenes alone, I think it is amazing.

Last edited:

I don't like Zendaya, but I loved Hugh Jackman. I didn't know who he was until now. I thought the movie was fine, but I can't imagine watching it over and over.

We rented it at Redbox several weeks ago and while we are not musical fans, we really liked this movie. My daughter was only half paying attention until the scene where the bearded lady sings This Is Me and informed me this was being performed at her school choir concert. When her choir performed it, I was moved to tears...it was the best part, glad I filmed the concert. I remember when it was in theaters we were going to see it but decided on Coco instead...sorry to the Coco fans out there, but I think we made a mistake. Hugh Jackman was awesome!!

I watched it on the recommendation of my ex-husband who told me I would love it (he was right). I downloaded the album on iTunes in the theater parking lot and took it home for my younger son to listen too. Now he is doing a small "summer camp" production of it next month so it'll be interesting to see how that goes!

Absolutely loved the movie. The chemistry between Zac Efron and Zendaya was brilliant and Hugh Jackman was awesome. The movie and soundtrack quickly became one of my favorites.

I thought this movie was great. The ensemble cast was perfect and all very talented. I was surprised how well Michelle Williams could sing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter