The "Is It Just Me...?" thread

Is it just me....

Or is Wally just not as annoying as he used to be?:confused3

Wally's never been annoying. His puckish antics have always been quite amusing.

Well, mostly.

Sometimes.

Occasionally?

Is it just me or are people not as nice as they used to be. . .:confused3

I remember the days (yes, I know I am only 36 but . . .) when people would hold a door open if you were entering right behind them or help a person out if they were holding a 3 year old and their keys dropped to the floor. No more my friends !

It seems that everybody is "out for themselves" - it is annoying and I am trying my darndest to make sure my DD grows up with compassion.

Sorry, this reminded me of something funny.

The little girl I nanny will be 3 in about a week. The other day I was picking her up from preschool. Andrea, another mom from the class, dropped her keys on the floor. I said "Oh, can you pick up Miss Andrea's keys for her, please?" Little Miss Princess looked at me, stepped on Andrea's keys, and gave Andrea a high five in her outstretched hand. :rotfl2: I don't think Princess quite caught what I was asking her to do. I don't think she was trying to be rude, I think she was confused. ;)

It varies. Sometimes people see me with the stroller and hold the door. Other times they just keep walking. Which is fine, because I have been a nanny for 15 years so I can get through the door without help! I guess in general most people are decent, which makes the rude ones stand out more.

...Which is fine, because I have been a nanny for 15 years so I can get through the door without help...

I didn't know you were a nanny. Chip's mom is a live in nanny in Boston. She works for a movie producer (very famous, but obviously not my place to say) and his wife and three kids (one older and a set of twins babies).

She loves what she does, plus the money and the "perks" are amazing (ie. flying around in a private jet).

I didn't know you were a nanny. Chip's mom is a live in nanny in Boston. She works for a movie producer (very famous, but obviously not my place to say) and his wife and three kids (one older and a set of twins babies).

She loves what she does, plus the money and the "perks" are amazing (ie. flying around in a private jet).

Some of my friends are live-ins. I have always been a live-out. I like to be able to leave at the end of the day and actually go away, not just walk up the stairs or across the yard! :rotfl2:

None of the girls I know work for anybody famous. We all just work for plain people - accountants, attorneys, doctors. Some of my friends have worked for families with obscene amounts of money (names you would recognize, but their faces wouldn't be familiar if you saw them out at Target or whatever). I kind of like not having to worry about the security issues of a high profile family.

I love my job. My current employers are the absolute nicest people. I had 3 job offers on the table when I left my last job and I am SO GLAD I decided to accept this one. Princess is adorable and she makes me laugh. She thinks my DS12 is the greatest thing since sliced bread. She was really upset when I got to work on Monday and told her DS stayed home with DH. She loves it when he has breaks from school because he usually comes to work with me. My original plan was to be a social worker, but being a nanny suits me. :)

I tried to start a new New Year's trend...."Lovin' the Wally".......but I guess i failed :sad1:

I tried to start a new New Year's trend...."Lovin' the Wally".......but I guess i failed :sad1:

I'm for it ... I'm all about the LOVE :lovestruc ... talk to jlewisinsyr.
Seems there's an issue.::yes::

Can't we just all get along? Peace and love and nakedness???????:banana:

Is it just me...or am I wearing too many damn clothes????

I thought you didn't like girls???

He doesn't. He thought you were a drag queen named Portland Polly. He'll never make that mistake again.

I can see that from "behind" we all look alike.

PS...a cold rag on the eyes helps the burn....

Is it just me...or am I wearing too many damn clothes????

What are these "clothes" you speak of?

Is it just me, or has the price of Papa John's pizza gone up a ridiculous amount over the past year? (I don't like PJ, but it's the only place that delivers here.....despite there being another pizza place literally about 6 doors down......but I won't bore you with details. :sad2: I guess that's the price you pay for living on the border of 2 different zip codes.) ANYhoo......I paid over 17 bucks for a large 2-topping pizza yesterday! Last year I could've gotten the same thing for less than 13! :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter