The Magic, the Memories and the Food! February11 Update July 23 WPuck's Express

:rotfl2: Whoops, just realized I used Tom's account for this! :rotfl2:

Sad to see your report coming to a close, I have loved following along and your pictures are great.

I have one more update to come, but we leave again for a 30 day Disney vacation in just 23 days - so look forward to this dining review then! ;)

I am so sad that your report is almost over! I don't generally read regular trip reports but popped over to yours to see when your next dining review will be and see that a couple of days of our trips overlap! Maybe with a bit of pixie dust our paths will cross! :cloud9:

:woohoo: It would be so nice to run into you! Please don't hesitate and say Hello if you see us!
Maybe we should just put up a quick meet somewhere - so many DISers are there at the same time!

Love the pic of the Caramel and Marshmallow Roll though have to agree that it does look quite sweet! Oh no on the Caramel Corn falling all over the airplane floor.

The Liberty Inn burger looks very nice. I'm also sad that this DR is coming to an end. Can't wait to read your next one! :)

I really do like sweet things, but that roll was just a bit over the top! :laughing:
As for my caramel corn - it was well tucked away in one of our bags and how on earth this guy managed for our bag to fall out AND to open up I have no idea. He was a pain to begin with! ;)

Well, even though this dining review will be over soon, there will still be another one filled with 30 more days of food and fun! Stay tuned!

How weird that, out of all the yummy food you have eaten and delicious-looking pictures you have posted, the one that has me salivating is the Citrus Salad at the GF Cafe. It looks awesome! In fact, I am really craving grapefruit right now - and I blame you ;)

The burger at Liberty Inn looked nice except when will WDW catch on and get rid of those horrible, cardboard-y, sawdust-y burger buns - bleurgh!

Joh, you would have LOVED that citrus salad. It was SO good! If you love citrus this is the way to go.

And as for the burger buns - I don't think they can sell these as more healthy, as they definitely do not contain more fiber! They taste awful and start to crumble by even looking at them. Bring back the white buns PLEASE!!!

You know, I've never had eggs benedict, but now I must try one. I'm glad you had a good experience at GFC! I've heard some not so great reviews of that place.

Just wanted to say I have loved all the reviews and think it is wonderful you have such a great adult relationship with Tom and can travel together. My oldest two are off to college together in a few weeks and I hope as they grow older, they keep their love of Disney and each other strong!

Can't wait until your next report! Hope your upcoming trip will be fabulous!
:lovestruc
Dawn

Thank you!
We are very lucky to share our love for Disney and the love for travel. I hope your kids will stay close too!
Next report - food "sampling" will start in just 3 more weeks! So expect a real long review right after we return! :thumbsup2

I just LOVE reading your dining reports :love: . You have a great writing style and your pictures are great. Thanks for taking the time to share with all of us :thumbsup2.

Thank you for reading!
It means a lot to me that you like my writing style, being a non native speaker! :goodvibes
Lots more reviews coming pretty soon!

No we didn't. I was too full and tired to even go look at it. :rolleyes1

When you go again, you need to save some room for the Pirate Buffet - it'w AWESOME. Well at least it was on the DREAM!
I promise to take a lot of photos for you all to share! :thumbsup2

Count us in for a quick hello if it happens! :banana:

:thumbsup2 :goodvibes

You know, I've never had eggs benedict, but now I must try one. I'm glad you had a good experience at GFC! I've heard some not so great reviews of that place.

Good choice to try them, Yuki! They are really nice and the ones at the GFC are extra special.
To be honest I haven't read bad reviews of the GFC, the ones I have read always described it as a hidden gem and I could not have agreed more. We have had breakfast, lunch and dinner there and enjoyed them all!

I'm so excited for the Wishes Dessert Party! My brother and I booked it as a surprise for our Dad for his birthday! It's gonna be great. :goodvibes

Woah, Lobster Eggs Benedict!? Wow! I want to try that! GF Cafe is officially on the top of my list of breakfasts to try. :thumbsup2 That citrus salad sounds wonderful as well.

Karamell Kuche poses quite a problem to me...I have NO idea what to get. Everything sounds lovely.

My Dad loves going to the Liberty Inn, he just loves his good old American food. :laughing:

I'm so excited for the Wishes Dessert Party! My brother and I booked it as a surprise for our Dad for his birthday! It's gonna be great. :goodvibes

Woah, Lobster Eggs Benedict!? Wow! I want to try that! GF Cafe is officially on the top of my list of breakfasts to try. :thumbsup2 That citrus salad sounds wonderful as well.

Karamell Kuche poses quite a problem to me...I have NO idea what to get. Everything sounds lovely.

My Dad loves going to the Liberty Inn, he just loves his good old American food. :laughing:

The Dessert Party is a fun event, and while it is not the best spot to watch Wishes, it is still a GREAT spot and you'll have Tink flying over your heads! ;)

I can only recommend the GF Cafe! Everything was really good and the server was very helpful and nice.

Karamell Kuche - definitely try the Caramel Corn :thumbsup2 everything else is optional :rotfl2: but be warned - that place is addictive! ;)

Day 8, February 26

Wolfgang Puck's Express

After our visit to Epcot, we hopped on the Monorail, went over to the Magic Kingdom and had just time to walk up to the castle and get some last minute Photopass photos done.
Then it was to say goodbye to the castle, vowing we would be back in just 6 months and off we went to the last stop before the airport - Downtown Disney and a visit to Wolfgang Puck's Express.

Tom was still feeling a bit off and didn't want pizza or anything hot, so he ordered the

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

Chinois Chicken Salad, a very generous helping of crispy wontons, cashews, ginger and sesame honey dressing. It was wonderful, the salad itself was textured and crunchy and there was a huge helping of moist tender chicken pieces, all held together by a very light and refreshing dressing. The wontons and cashews added some crunch. He (we) liked it a lot, but as I said before the helping was huge and there was no way he could finish it.

So, what did I order?

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

Yes, I did it again, I ordered the Four Cheese Pesto Pizza, mozzarella, fontina, parmesan and goat cheese, topped with pesto and a lot of torn basil. This is one of the best pizza creations I ever had, the cheese blends nicely with the tomato sauce and the goat's cheece on top of the fresh tomatoes adds a wonderful creamy touch to it. Not to mention the fresh taste of the pesto and the torn basil - fragrant and wonderful. But since I had had half a burger and the caramel roll, again, there was no way to finish it all.

Tom opted out of dessert as his stomach just didn't feel like it, but I had to had one last taste of

IMG_0118.jpg

..... I wonder if you guessed it, their wonderful Creme Brulee! One of the best Creme Brulee's on property, at least for me! :thumbsup2

Well, and this concludes the February reviews. No plane food this time, as Tom was feeling odd and we both took sleeping aids even before taking off and slept mostly all the way to Frankfurt.
On the flight home we were served a Toblerone bar and nibbled that for breakfast and only back at home did we have another proper meal, but that was no longer vacation related!

Tom and I hope you all enjoyed reading about our food adventures. It was our pleasure tasting everything "just for you"! ;)
More to come in about 8 weeks time when we will return from our next four week's vacation to Mickey's World! :goodvibes

What a great way to end your food report with WPE! We try to begin and end our trips to WDW there too. It won't be long before you will be taking pictures on your next trip.

Karin, I am always so sorry to see Tom and your trip reports end. Thanks for taking the time to write such a wonderful food report. I'm happy that you are returning to Disney so soon. I have to wait at least another year. I am always amazed to read your reports because you always say English is your second language. Your spelling and grammar is better than mine, and I've been doing this for 50+ years!!!

What a great way to end your food report with WPE! We try to begin and end our trips to WDW there too. It won't be long before you will be taking pictures on your next trip.

Yes, it has become kind of a tradition to have our first and last meal at WPE! :lmao:
And in just 20 days I will be ordering my favourite sandwich to start off our trip in style! :woohoo:
Lots of pictures of food to be taken ........ oh the things we do for our fellow readers here! :thumbsup2

Karin, I am always so sorry to see Tom and your trip reports end. Thanks for taking the time to write such a wonderful food report. I'm happy that you are returning to Disney so soon. I have to wait at least another year. I am always amazed to read your reports because you always say English is your second language. Your spelling and grammar is better than mine, and I've been doing this for 50+ years!!!

Don't worry, a new one will be started soon! We intend to take photos of everything we will eat (and drink :lmao:) to share with you lateron! :goodvibes

Thank you for your comments on my 2nd language skills! :hug:

Karin,

Fabulous reviews as always! Can't wait to hear all about your next trip and the Dream!

Thank you!
Our next trip is coming up fast - only 20 more days! :thumbsup2 Lots of reviews to come! :goodvibes

Great finishing update Karin !!! I can't wait to be eating WPE's creme brulee next month with both of you!!

Great review of WPE! :thumbsup2 I have not seen many reviews of that salad but it looks huge!

Can't wait to try a pizza and Creme Brulee at WPE! Looking forward to reading your next set of reviews :goodvibes

I'm so sad it's over Karin :sad2:

But can't wait to read your next set of reviews!:thumbsup2

Brilliant as ever - with mouthwatering photos - thank you so much! And thanks to you and Tom for ordering all that food - just for us!:lmao:

I had the chinois chicken salad at WPE last year and it WAS huge - I certainly couldn't finish it!

Oooh that caramel marshmallow thing looks awesome, we are making a point to visit Karamel Kluche this year, saw this major looking cupcake and just have to try it :teeth:

So sad that your report is over, thank you so much for sharing with us :hug:

Can't wait for the next one which is coming up very fast I see :)

Wonderful as always! Looking forward to the next one :thumbsup2

Have a Magical Trip :wizard:

Wonderful report - I enjoy all of your TR's and DR's!!

Question for you - which WPE do you go to most often? Is it the one in Marketplace or on the West Side?

Thank you!!

It was an amazing read :thumbsup2

Thank you for having us all along and look forward to following your next adventures

Safe travels :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter