The Magical DISmeets!! The Last week in August/Sept! See Post #1 for Meet Info

We were offered the bounce back. DH was even willing to book it!

It was just to hot for us!

Next time we plan to go after Thanksgiving.

We thought SSR was to big! I really like staying at the ASMU. Right next to the pool and food court. Less walking at the resort is the best thing for us.
After all the walking at the parks.

My ankles and feet swelled up terrible this year. Very concerning, Im making an appt with my Doc. This never happened before.

The room at SSR was GREAT!! We got upgraded AGAIN to a 2bdrm.

We did not like the food at SSR for lunch. Breakfast was ok.

Hi all,,, well I arrived back home this morning,,, wow am I tired, but I won't let myself go to bed just yet so I can get over the jet lag a bit quicker :faint:

I'm so glad everyone had a great time!!! It was lovely to meet extremesoccermom and her DD, Melissa and family and Michelle and her Mum :hug:

Oh Melissa, what Justin said is sooooo cute,,, Cameron really took a shine to him too,, she kept asking could we go and knock on all the rooms at Pop till we found him awwww!
We got offered the bounceback too, but sadly funds won't allow as I would have to book flights seperately and that would just cost way too much :sad1:

Michelle,,, I'm glad your mum is feeling better,,, I was really worried about her,,, gosh that day was soooo hot, I really felt for her,,, please tell her I was asking about her :flower1:

I met lots of other dis-ers while we were there,,, too many in fact to remember who they were,,, I would be walking around a park and someone would do the focker signal,,, Chloe said it was crazy ha ha! Then 10 minutes later, someone else would do it!!! The only name I remember was 'missdiss' who I met in Animal Kingdom. I did get my door signed a few times though so that was nice!

Melissa,,, as for the dining, we were the same as you, we just couldn't get through the food! Yesterday morning before we left, we had 9 counter service and 6 snacks, so we treated another family from the UK to breakfast,,, now I know thats not really sticking to the rules, but hey I hate to see anything go to waste :blush:

Well I have lots to do,,, got to get the house straightened out and deal with 2 weeks of mail :( So I will speak to you all soon!

Hi all,,, well I arrived back home this morning,,, wow am I tired, but I won't let myself go to bed just yet so I can get over the jet lag a bit quicker :faint:

I'm so glad everyone had a great time!!! It was lovely to meet extremesoccermom and her DD, Melissa and family and Michelle and her Mum :hug:

Oh Melissa, what Justin said is sooooo cute,,, Cameron really took a shine to him too,, she kept asking could we go and knock on all the rooms at Pop till we found him awwww!
We got offered the bounceback too, but sadly funds won't allow as I would have to book flights seperately and that would just cost way too much :sad1:

Michelle,,, I'm glad your mum is feeling better,,, I was really worried about her,,, gosh that day was soooo hot, I really felt for her,,, please tell her I was asking about her :flower1:

I met lots of other dis-ers while we were there,,, too many in fact to remember who they were,,, I would be walking around a park and someone would do the focker signal,,, Chloe said it was crazy ha ha! Then 10 minutes later, someone else would do it!!! The only name I remember was 'missdiss' who I met in Animal Kingdom. I did get my door signed a few times though so that was nice!

Melissa,,, as for the dining, we were the same as you, we just couldn't get through the food! Yesterday morning before we left, we had 9 counter service and 6 snacks, so we treated another family from the UK to breakfast,,, now I know thats not really sticking to the rules, but hey I hate to see anything go to waste :blush:

Well I have lots to do,,, got to get the house straightened out and deal with 2 weeks of mail :( So I will speak to you all soon!

WELCOME HOME!!!!

Hi tracie,:goodvibes
Welcome back! I am glad you had a good time. You will have to check out my trip report when you get a chance. I almost meant you.:lmao: but it was another Diser. So did you get lots of phtot pass pictures to share with us all? I did!

Gosh you guys are so good with your trip reports!! I wish I could commit to that!!
stepdisney...Ava was wearing a Sleeping Beauty nightgown (her costume)..she and her Daddy were running arund waiting for the fireworks...then we gave up and just started walking...you can see them Everywhere:)
Cant wait to hear all abt your trip and the WL!!!! You must be exhausted!! I was so bummed I didnt see a Diser! Did you make it to the meet for Wishes??? That is the one night Ava had had enough!!! lol

Okay, I'm so glad I found you Disneybride. I'm about to create a "ready to plan another?" thread. We had a great time. We visited AKL and....I had a little resort envy :love: . My husband had to agree that he liked AKL too so it served it's purpose. I was surprised and shocked when he said that he wouldn't mind a villa stay the next time and is leaning toward AKLV or BCV the next trip. We asked to see rooms at AKL and I showed him the rooms at the Contemporary and he did like the setup of the contemporary rooms because they are very large. My DS (12) wants to stay at the GF!!!! I thought I would never have to worry about him wanting to stay there because it is so frilly but he loved the location and the water sports that were available. When he found out that Poly had the most water sports, he quickly changed his mind. I did love the PPP and we walked on every ride, especially after the fireworks....which were awesome weren't they?!! I just downloaded pictures from the trip to my computer and will begin my trip report some time this week-end.....:scared: I think......:scared:. I see you made the leap to DVC ownership, congrats to you :thumbsup2 . What a great way to travel :goodvibes. How did you like the Yacht Club? We did eat at Spoodles. It was the BEST service we received for the entire 10 days. The Creme Brulee was not as good as Le Cellier but it was pretty :cutie: and my children loved the boardwalk magician and jugglers. I would love to stay close to the boardwalk next time.

Well, I thought this thread was a little lonely right now, so I decided to check in and say hi!
It seems like such a long time ago now that we were planning our trips and the dis meet :sad1:
I'm really missing the planning, and definitely missing the disney excitement. I have just come back from a 3 day research trip in Barcelona,, I should have loved it, but no,,, after Disney nothing quite measures up does it :confused3

I will leave it there for now,, don't want to run on,,, anyhow, no-one might read this message :sad1:
Hope some of you check in and catch up, I don't want to totally lose contact with you all!
Melissa, I hope you and your family are well, tell Justin that Cameron still asks after him,, hope xavier is still doing well at school :flower:
Michelle, I hope you are doing ok too, and I hope your mom is feeling better :thumbsup2

Keep in touch guys!

Well, I thought this thread was a little lonely right now, so I decided to check in and say hi!
It seems like such a long time ago now that we were planning our trips and the dis meet :sad1:
I'm really missing the planning, and definitely missing the disney excitement. I have just come back from a 3 day research trip in Barcelona,, I should have loved it, but no,,, after Disney nothing quite measures up does it :confused3

I will leave it there for now,, don't want to run on,,, anyhow, no-one might read this message :sad1:
Hope some of you check in and catch up, I don't want to totally lose contact with you all!
Melissa, I hope you and your family are well, tell Justin that Cameron still asks after him,, hope xavier is still doing well at school :flower:
Michelle, I hope you are doing ok too, and I hope your mom is feeling better :thumbsup2

Keep in touch guys!

good to hear from you.... I have been trying to write my trip report and I just finished writing about the day of our mk meet

I'm so glad that you posted because I was really missing all of the excitement of planning our trips. Hope everyone is doing fine. We are currently negotiating next year's vacation.....(wow, a whole year away!!!) Don't worry Shhhq, I haven't written my trip report either.

I'm so glad that you posted because I was really missing all of the excitement of planning our trips. Hope everyone is doing fine. We are currently negotiating next year's vacation.....(wow, a whole year away!!!) Don't worry Shhhq, I haven't written my trip report either.

We are hoping to go back next year, I have started saving but Mom wants to wait till after the holidays to start.... but if we get to go it will be 3 people this time and the drive was too hard on us so we will have to fly.... not sure if we will be able to raise enough or not...... but I too miss the excitement of planning!

I really feel like I'm missing out now,, this time last year, I knew that I was going to Disney again and had something to look forward to. I know that there is no way I can afford to go next year, maybe the year after that, I hope so anyway.
Nice to hear from you stepdisney! I hope we all manage to keep in touch :)
Michelle, I'm loving the trip report,, I got such a surprise when I popped up on your pics, I feel quite famous now :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter