The Magical DISmeets!! The Last week in August/Sept! See Post #1 for Meet Info

so....what is the differance betwwen "scattered t storms" and "isolated t storms"....are we good with a 50 % chance of precip???

WOw...some folks are on their way already:) Its hard to believe its here.....departure day is Friday...:)
Now DH thinks we need to get a seat for DD cause she is so much bigger for her age...at 14 mths she is abt 28 lbs and 30 inches...not a lap child!
She looks like she is 2!!! (she was nearly 11 lbs at birth!) She did great on a flight at 6 mths....but now....yikes!
I cant imagine what a seat would cost now, whether one would even be available? ANy suggestions??
*We are flying out of Chicago..so not too long of a flight.....*

so....what is the differance betwwen "scattered t storms" and "isolated t storms"....are we good with a 50 % chance of precip???

WOw...some folks are on their way already:) Its hard to believe its here.....departure day is Friday...:)
Now DH thinks we need to get a seat for DD cause she is so much bigger for her age...at 14 mths she is abt 28 lbs and 30 inches...not a lap child!
She looks like she is 2!!! (she was nearly 11 lbs at birth!) She did great on a flight at 6 mths....but now....yikes!
I cant imagine what a seat would cost now, whether one would even be available? ANy suggestions??

1) Stop looking at Weather.com :lmao: I was thinking the same thing...to me the diference is scatter t storms is like a more likely chance of a storm. Bring ponchos and unbrealls(from dollar store) and if your are renting a stroller get some type of rain cover

2) Getting a ticket at this point you will be paying top dollar. Bring a copy of her birth certificate, and hope that there is an empty seat. Do you have any FF miles that you can get a seat? WHat carrier are you on? I have a site that can tell how many tickets have been sold-so you can figure out if you can even buy a seat on your flight http://publicbackup.com/shared/flyertalk/availability/

Good Luck

Scattered t storms can happen on and off through out the day, isolated t storms means just one thunderstorm and in fla. that's usually in the afternoon as it heats up. I'm hoping our forcast changes from scattered to isolated for our days there and it says 40% to 60% chance, I don't like those odds but at least it's not a hurricane. :scared1: Depending which airline you are flying you may be able to go into your ressie and see how booked your flight is, I did this a week ago and our flights were almost sold out, and I'm sure it would be expensive at this late date but you can check that too. Or you may just have to deal with numb legs and taking turns holding her. Good Luck! :) Linda 3 more days for us :yay: :cool1: :yay: :cool1:

I checked...flight is booked, but can get a reserve status for $400...I will take the numb legs..we will take turns holding her! She is very good and loves people..she sat at a Cubs game for abt 2 hrs (pic in siggy) of course she thought everyone there was watching her and not the game! lol

4 days for us..
Yes..I can deal with sporatic rain....but no hurricanes! Was so worried when we booked in April ....what if....and alot of times it changes within a day! In March, the forecast called for rain...and it never did! So there:)

I checked...flight is booked, but can get a reserve status for $400...I will take the numb legs..we will take turns holding her! She is very good and loves people..she sat at a Cubs game for abt 2 hrs (pic in siggy) of course she thought everyone there was watching her and not the game! lol

4 days for us..
Yes..I can deal with sporatic rain....but no hurricanes! Was so worried when we booked in April ....what if....and alot of times it changes within a day! In March, the forecast called for rain...and it never did! So there:)

What do they mean by reserve status, if a seat opens up it will cost you $400? Is that one way or round trip? I'm hoping our flight takes off on time, my DS16 is autistic and does'nt do well with long waits we've never flown around a holiday weekend. I feel myself starting to get a bit stressed worrying if I'll have it all packed without having to stay up till midnight the night before we leave. I've packed the clothes except for a few things, it's amazing how much other stuff you can take besides clothing and I still have to pick up ponchos and snacks for the plane and go to the bank. I know it will all get done, it always does but the sooner the better. How is everyone else who's still left here making out with their packing? :) Linda

I am so excited I can hardly stand it any more. Disneybride can you believe it is this close? I just got a burst of excitement :yay: . I'll be printing our boarding passes tomorrow....TOMORROW :scared1:. I've got to go over my list just one more time. :goodvibes I wonder how ShhhQ and Faindrops are doing. Most likely watching their first night-time fireworks at one of the parks :cloud9:. Everyone here is completely packed except for DH who insists on waiting until the last second. He's in charge of the final check list since I've been in charge of the list this far. It's almost like editing. If you've read something a zillion times, you are bound to overlook mistakes. He reminded me the last time that I had forgotten our boarding passes :scared: .

Ok I test packed tonight-I am so torn just going carryon or doing 1st day's clothing as carry on and the rest ME handles it-it isn't so much for the trip down, but the trip back-I would love to have ME bring the bags to the Airport and I just carry my carry on. With the kids, you know it is always a production, and I just don't like being the Sherpa(and carry on's don't have wheels-I'm gonna check my smallest luggage). Plus we are flying into a small airport, so I am hoping that we wouldn't have to wait too long for our luggage.

Clothing I am doing(this includes what we are wearing on the plane)
Kids
2 play shorts
2 bathing suits
3 t-shirts
2 nice shorts
2 nice tops
wind breaker
poncho
umbrella
sneakers
sandals
slides
2 PJ
Underware
2 socks

Me
2 shorts
2 tshirts
2 capris
2 tops to go with capris
2 bathing suits
coverup
2 nightgowns
underware
2 socks
2 sweaters
poncho
umbrella
2 pr sneakers
2 pr sandals

DH...only he knows(he is stepdisney'sDH long lost brother;) )

Tolietries
sunscreen
swim goggles
hats
sunglasses/reg glasses
medicines
snacks for room/plane
pop up hamper(for sneakers)
laundry bag
lingire bag
clothes pins
sewing kit(small)
very small bottle of laundry detergent
fabric softner sheets(I am doing laundry Sat Night)
Computer(DH personal item for Carry on)
Digital camera(in my carryon)
Batteries(rechargable)(my carryon)
cables(DH carry on)
games/books for plane
id(drivers lic/DVC card)
Travel doucments
ins card
CC
cash
Disney Dollars
AP's
Single dring mixes

Cashed in the piggy banks today!

DS(5) - 83.00

DS (10) - 80.00

Family piggy bank - 169.00

My stash of coins - 230.00!

Total - 562.00!!

All since April 07!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

wow!!! THat is awesome.....those coins will go along way!!! Good for you guys! We started that....lol...to no avail..

Anyway...stepdisney...........you are leaving tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All this time....all our posts abt where are we staying etc....lol..

I am not packed.....happy for all of you...really
We are doing a DVC tour Sat morning ..I am preoccupied with that...lol

Kids are in school..so busy getting use to the real world again....

stepdisney...I cannot imagine what you are packing you guys are staying sooo long:) DH says we can pack light....ookkkkkkk
W did do Garden Grocer...only so I didnt have to pack along baby essentials..just a few things...her snacks, milk etc diapers, swimmers wipes....
Well I better go get busy!!!! I still wanted to find another swimsuit......a camouflauge one,,,,,ha ha get it?

Did you study for the DVC exam? I tried but it went out of the window. I don't think we're ready.....yet..:rolleyes1. I think we are... but :rolleyes1. We have a 5-year-plan that includes vacation property but.....it's DH's decision :rolleyes1 :lmao: . I just printed my boarding passes out:yay: I just remembered that we all need new sunglasses so I ran out and got them. I'm now negotiating space in everyone's luggage for the things I want to bring. They all keep saying that their bags are full already. :sad2: I know that I'll be doing laundry mid-way. I was going to do it twice so I wouldn't have to lug a bunch of sweaty things back home but I could designate 1 suitcase for laundry since it won't be that much after I wash clothes the first time. I haven't decided yet. I'll bring enough Tide to do it all.

After reading your post LauraAnn 630, we have just started our Whenever we Go Back to Disney Again" piggybank savings. We did this for our trip in 2000 and saved enough for the trip (of course we hadn't been since 2000):) You guys did a great job, especially since you started saving in April!!!!

stepdisney I am so excited for you!!
I went to Target, Kohls and the bank....got Another pair of flip flops ar Kohls...every summer item is on clearance....and I got a cute Tink suit for Ava for $4...she will have 3 suits now!! lol Look at your ticker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WooHoo!!
Yes...am all ready for the DVC exam....it has taken me since April to get him on board...tough work!! He is not a Big Disney trip every year....but Vero Beach and HHI appeals to him..so that works! Talked to the guide today and she says its hot, humid and rains around 3 evry day for a bit....not bad! No Hurr****** on the forecast....phew!

I still do not have any LGMH to identify myself! I wanted to hang one on Ava's stroller...
SO..if you see a cute liitle girl in a red Peg Perego Aria stroller...a DH that is emotional at seeing his daughter and wife so happy...and the mom with a cute Coach Navy Blue swing pack(over the shoulder bag) THats Us!!!! lol Not tough to find with the thousands at WDW!! lol
Ok...will you come on one more time tonight stepdisney????? Have to give you the proper send off......:) :) :) :) : )

Stepdisney.....safe trip! I will be printing my boarding passes tomorrow at 8AM!!!!

Disneybride03-Have a safe trip-and a good time on your DVC tour. We brought DVC sight unseen at SSR and just did an add on at BWV. I will be doing laundry at the Poly Saturday night around 10:30-11pm;)after our night at Epcot(we will take the mono "home" after Illuminations- bring me a beverage(better yet we can go up to the lounge and get one)!

stepdisney.........are you going cah-razzyyyy? lol So if I recall...you guys are off to DTD for lunch? Have a safe trip:) Cant wait to see you Sunday night! And maybe Monday night......:)

canwegosoon...Sat is our "no plans" hope to be celebrating purchasing DVC night!!! lol
I would love that!! We will stop and visit Poly for photos to with Ava...just not sure when...Sunday too I think...before we go to EMH..but we will be there in the am for Little Ones time in FantasyLand:)
Let me know....would love to do Lava FLow?Laundry night!!! lol

:wave2: We're off to see the mouse and our favorite character.....GOOFY!! I'll meet you all on the bridge for wishes. Speaking of wishes, my wish is that everyone have a magical trip. Sometimes we think of vacations in two catagories, upcoming and over. Remember to take time to actually BE there....I'm sure you all know what I mean :wave:

I like accuweather.com

Isnt Haunted Mansion closed in Sept? It dosent say its closed on Disneys calander.

What about Rockin Rollercoaster?

TIA

Sorry I found it. Everything is open the first week of Sept!!

canwegosoon...Sat is our "no plans" hope to be celebrating purchasing DVC night!!! lol
I would love that!! We will stop and visit Poly for photos to with Ava...just not sure when...Sunday too I think...before we go to EMH..but we will be there in the am for Little Ones time in FantasyLand:)
Let me know....would love to do Lava FLow?Laundry night!!! lol

Well my plans are to be at the pool F/S/S 2:30-4:00 ish I am doing LAundry Sat after I get get back from Epcot...I have never had a Lava flow...btu as long as it doesn't involve coffee:scared: I am up for it!!! Terri...see my User PC for my pic

OK everyone...I am making 2 more posts and I am off to bed...we leave at 4:30am!!! SEE YOU THERE! Safe trip!:wizard:

ok, see everyone at the MK on Sept. 2nd @ 930 for wishes!!!!! We are leaving in about 10min. for the world from Miami!!! Bye 4 now!!!:cool1: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter