The Magical DISmeets!! The Last week in August/Sept! See Post #1 for Meet Info

Hello to all!!! reporting to you LIVE from CS!!! It's a beautiful resort!!! I'm so happy that I was able to stay here. The rooms are comfy and the grounds are well maintained. The pool at the dig site is great!!! Can't wait to meet everyone tommorrow at the MK for wishes!!!!:cool1:

Just got home today from our trip.... we had a blast! Gonna have to start writing up a trip report! Probably tomorrow, tonight I have to go back to work!!! UGH

We also just returned from our trip, we loved CSR and not much rain to speak of 3 days out of our 6 it did'nt rain at all and the other 3 very little, I was glad not to have to walk around with those hot ponchos in the heat. Did anyone book the free dining offer they had for 2008 while staying there? We did'nt make any of the dismeets but I did run into canwegoagain in the line for the cape may buffet other than that I saw a disser 2 doors down from us had a sign in their window, but we never saw them. I lost my lgmh off my bag, I'll have to find a better way to put it on next time. I hope everyone enjoyed their trip or for some still enjoying their trip. :) Linda

:guilty: Sorry I missed the splash meet, hope everyone had fun.
I would have never made it in time.
But we did come to MK later that night.I tried looking for any disers.
I am writting my trip report up, hope to post the first day tonight.
ShhhQ my DS spotted you at MK on Thursday night.
We were in the CBR LONG bus line, and you were boarding the bus by time he told me. I did not know you name to yell to you. He said he saw your lime green mickey on your scooter.

Just got home today from our trip.... we had a blast! Gonna have to start writing up a trip report! Probably tomorrow, tonight I have to go back to work!!! UGH

We were in the CBR LONG bus line, and you were boarding the bus by time he told me. I did not know you name to yell to you. He said he saw your lime green mickey on your scooter.

That is AMAZING considering the 3000 people leaving the park that night!!! But I wish I had been able to give you a shout HEY!

Didn't make the Wishes meet :( DD1 was way too tired to take her out again....and she started with a runny nose...we put her to bed and were able to see Illuminations from our balcony...I did NOT see ONE Dis'er!!! We hung out at the Poly for a bit on Sun afternoon...took pics...DD1 did play in the kiddie splash fountains....yes...flame me...lol...she was so hot..she met another Ava Grace there while playing...almost the same age...it was cute.

Anyway...cant wait to hear abt everyones trips!! We had a great time...hope everyone else did too!!!

Yes, it was. I was on the phone with my Mom and when I hung up he said Mom I just saw a lady in a scooter with a lime green mickey and it said ShhhQ.
I was like wait I think I know that name, and then I saw you waiting for the pop bus, and I said yeah she was coming here with her Mom.
Those lines that night were crazy, werent they?

That is AMAZING considering the 3000 people leaving the park that night!!! But I wish I had been able to give you a shout HEY!

OMG, we were in that line too! It was madness!! I didn't specifically notice any DIER's, but there was plenty of lime green in the parks.

We were late for the Dismeet at Wishes. We did watch Wishes from the bridge by CP. Didnt see any Disers tho.

We were upgraded to a 2 bdrm at SSR!!
My in-laws were upgraded to a 1 bdrm!

We loved the rooms. We thought the resort was to large to enjoy. It seemed like a far walk from Congress to the check in area.

DH was picked to participate in the bird show at AK. I missed it :(
I was riding a ride with DS 5 in Dinoland.

Did not see the Dream Team at all! :(

DH cousin decided to meet us for 2 days. Didnt have a problem getting seated with an extra person at CM or Spoodles. They even let us use our dining credits for her too! Everything went smooth.

We were the first ones at Epcot and the first to ride Soarin! I found out later the Dream Team was at innovations that morning. Passing out ears.

My DS 11 was trading pins and got us all a special pin that could not be bought. It says Year of A Million Dreams.
We got a few pin that said MGM because they are changing MGM to Hollywood Studios.
I think we bought at least 75 pins!!

Glad to see everyone had a good time!!
We had some heated moments but it was expected.... with our group...lol
The heat is to much for us.

Next time we plan to go in November.

We didnt have a problem with lines. Longest wait was POTC. 30 minutes.

We missed somethings I wanted to do. Always next time!!

Everest is awsome..rode it 2 times in a row.

Img_0019.jpg

Anyone see this at SSR?

Hi everyone, just getting around to posting now. After getting the boys back into school, getting the house back in smooth running order and all. I am back!!

Ok, I was so happy to meet everyone I did bump into. Shhhq, TraciePierce,& Extremesoccermom!!

I did bump into another Diser at Magic Kingdom one day. I noticed her families shirts on here. But, her name eludes me.

It was hot, hot, hot, more than hot. It was so hot. I could hardly stand it. So, often the boys and I would give in to the heat. Return to the rooms for cool showers, and a rest from the blazing sun. I was a sucker however, and put money down for the bounceback free dining program for 2008. August 30-Sept 8th. So, I guess I will have to deal with the heat next year also. But my husband and my daughter will be there next year. So, I think we will rent a van, so there wont be any standing on the bus lines in the blazing sun. We will be staying at POR in 2008. I wanted to stay at AKL. But the lady booking the room. Told me, I woud need two rooms for 5 people?? I declined that offer, as I cant see paying for 2 rooms at the price she quoted. 2 rooms close to 9k, no thank you. I rather stick with 3k, for 8 nights. Thank you.

The food was delicious, I ate whatever I wanted but, the heat curbed my appetite ironically, so on the last day we had 7 cs left over, and 9 snacks. I could not believe it. Me, the lady who could probably eat anyone under the table.

The best entree I had was from the one place I was very iffy about trying. Nine dragons. OMG!!! That honey sesame chicken was to die for. I loved it so much. I cancelled my second dinner at Lecieller' to return here. It was that good!

My most disappointing meal was. Crystal Palace for dinner. It was just not appealing to me the food. I tried the prime rib, that looked like it had been seared for only 5 seconds on each side if that. I told the man, to please cook it longer he threw it on the little grill behind him,the meat was all curled up and charred, it was just gross.. I ate 4 little chick nuggets and a quarter cup of mac and cheese which was good from "pooh's buffet".I did however enjoy the banana bread pudding. Yummy. I did get to meet pooh, tigger, and eeyore, piglet never made his way around. I will try some place else next year.

Traci- Justin loved riding Splash mountain with cameron, and asks if she will be there next year to ride with him. :lmao: He went all out telling his baby sister, and my husband about his friend Cameron, and how they rode splash mountain together.

Michelle, how is your mom faring. I hope you both enjoyed your vacation, and your birthday. Is she feeling any better?

Stepdisney,Pamouselover, Canwegosoon, & everyone else, sorry I missed you.

Well, I hope everyone had a great vacation! I am off to do some vacuuming, then shopping. Back to regular life. Until my solo trip to FL in October for Universal. :goodvibes

Hi fan!
Sorry I miss you. We decide to go to the Contemporary to rent the sea racyers.By time we got back,it was 1pm.It was so Hot we stayed at the pool till around 3pm, then want to Dinner and then to MK. I was on the watch for Disers! We had fun, DD did not like it. I advice anyone to not take them out for more then a 1/2 hour. We had the voucher and DH and DS stayed out for a hour. You could never stay out there for 90 mins. The view was awesome. I will be posting pics on my trip report in a couple pf days. Yes, they said no picture taken I broke the rules!
Anyway, I am upset I was not offered the bounce back:confused3
I meant a diser at MGM on the 29th name Tracie, I thought it was the Tracie here but I think I am wrong. This family was all in lime green and had the meet the fockers lanyards on.
Glad you had a great HOT time. :grouphug:

Faindrops I did look around for you at LeCellier but did'nt see you maybe that was the night you cancelled, we enjoyed our meal there and then went to see Off Kilter for the first time, DS14 liked them so much he bought their CD. It was hot, we did'nt spend as much time in the parks as we usually do. We even spent our day off from the parks sleeping in and at the pool most of the day, we were planning on either taking a ride to Cocoa Beach for the day or going to the water park. We did'nt even go back into MK for Wishes or MGM for Fantasmic instead we went back to the pool and relaxed after dinner. We had a great time and enjoyed the things we did get to do, and we new before going that we would have the heat and crowds to deal with. We did rent a car and I do find it easier getting about especially when eating at other hotels, we would leave about 15 minutes before a ressie and get there on time and the them parks have the trams that take you out to your car. Usally we use the busses too when we decide to split up if someone ones a break but this time we all wanted a break. We also booked the bounceback but only for 3 nights we have to be back for school we loved CSR so we are going back. We're going 3 or 4 nights earlier but I'm not sure what we are going to do, we've talked about staying by Universal and going there or maybe the beach or possibly just stay in disney before the free dining kicks in I keep looking up stuff on the internet and writing down figures to see what's more affordable I sure will miss having free dining the whole time. We did'nt receive the notice about the bounceback offer in our room I found out from a woman at the pool. I better get off here and make dinner, last Saturday we had a nice dinner in Cape May Cafe I'm sure tonights won't be as good :sad2: Linda

Anyway, I am upset I was not offered the bounce back:confused3

I wanted to let you know I did read on the boards that some other people did'nt know about the bouceback while staying at disney and they called disney travel and spoke with someone in charge and they were able to receive it, so if you are interested it may be worth looking into. :) Linda

hmmm we weren't offered the bounceback either! Not that we would have agreed to it... don't get me wrong, we want to go back just not sure if funds will allow yet. We had a great time even though we didn't get to do everything we wanted to do, we have already started lookiing into the possibility of going again next year at the same time... but of course adding an extra day to have one for each park, adding a room because my brother will be joining us and no way could 3 adults stay in that room without killing each other, and we would have to fly instead of drive... soooo the point is saving up bunches of money!!!! I hope we can pull it off!

BTW.... I had a great time meeting faindrops27, TraciePierce,& Extremesoccermom at MK for Splash Mountain (my new favorite ride)

I also enjoyed meeting MsSpinShady at AK... even though we didn't end up riding EE (no FP's allowed during EMH) and that no one else showed!

I also met another DISser on the bus our first morning going to the parks.... I had talked to her on another board before..... Crossfamily

ps Mom is doing better now... when we got home she had a call from her Dr. about her lab tests, they wanted her to start taking iron pills.... apparently she doesn't have enough iron in her blood and its making her run down. But since she started taking them she says she feels better.

The rest and bunches of pics will be posted on my trip report... which I started, but haven't made much of a dent in yet.

Hello everyone. We just got back in the house....late flight. Spent today at MK and took the 4:00 ME bus to airport. We had a wonderful time but didn't make any of the meets. Disneybride....I thought I saw a little girl at the PPP that looked like the picture of your daughter. We must compare notes. I couldn't find any Disers either...except I saw a family with shirts from the boards and asked her if she had gotten them from here. She said yes but said nothing else. They were the williams family and had on the stick figure shirts. I am sooo tired but can't wait to get some rest and discuss everyone's trips. We did see the dream team by the way.....they granted us a dream :love: more about that later. Goodnight everyone.

Glad you had a good time. Let me know when you write you report.
Mine is only on day 2! :rotfl:
I can not believe this time last week I was in WDW!

What is the bounce back program? How do you get it?:confused3

If you were in Disney or will be going soon they are having a bounce back program where you can book a ressie for free dining during Aug. 30- Sept. 28 2008. The ddp for 2008 does not include appetizers or a tip, but still a good deal for free dining. :) Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter