THE MURPHYS are LIVE from the YACHT CLUB ~ May 25-June 1

Wonderful news!!!! Pixie dust!!

One quick question.... Can one book say CL YC at rack rate and then get the AP Discount applied once its announced? I can't remember if that is how we did it or I just waited to book the room after it was announced

Yes you can, as long as the room you originally booked is available with the AP rate they can just change it over the phone and you only have to pay the difference in the deposit amount. When I changed mine today I had to pay an additional $90. Sometimes if the exact room you booked isn't available for the AP rate you can just change view categories. But of course there is also the risk they won't have any AP rates for the YC CL at all. But if you call as soon as the discount is announced your chances are pretty good. It's easier at the YC than the Poly. ;)

Erika,

I am so glad you posted this info as I have been trying to find out if Disney ever adds any additional AP rooms (or puts canceled AP rooms back in inventory)!!!

I was able to get the Poly portion of my stay at AP about a month ago, but still waiting for BC.

Is it OK to call them everyday and ask??? or is that too rude?

So VERY happy for you!!!!!!!

Thank you. Good to know. I'm so happy for you!! Now if you can somewhat of a straight answer from your son you can plan and even more of a special trip. ( I have 1 teenage daughter left, I feel your angst)

I'm not going to tell the kids I upgraded us. It can be part of DS's birthday surprise. I was already in desperate need of something mind blowing to compete with this last trip! :lmao:

That's going to be a great surprise. Poly looks like it has an amazing lounge.

My husband and I decided to add an extra night on to our vacation and the kids don't know. He's going to go to work and come home early and tell the kids we think we should leave now. They are going to freak.

It's been hard keeping this secret so I wish you luck in keeping yours.

Erika,

I am so glad you posted this info as I have been trying to find out if Disney ever adds any additional AP rooms (or puts canceled AP rooms back in inventory)!!!

I was able to get the Poly portion of my stay at AP about a month ago, but still waiting for BC.

Is it OK to call them everyday and ask??? or is that too rude?

So VERY happy for you!!!!!!!

I had been checking the AP website daily. ;) I don't think it's rude at all to call. That's what they're there for and they are always glad to take our money. LOL :p

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

That's going to be a great surprise. Poly looks like it has an amazing lounge.

My husband and I decided to add an extra night on to our vacation and the kids don't know. He's going to go to work and come home early and tell the kids we think we should leave now. They are going to freak.

It's been hard keeping this secret so I wish you luck in keeping yours.

We do that sometimes too. If we have an early morning flight sometimes we will leave the night before and stay at the airport. My DH travels for work so he has tons of Hilton points. I'm looking at an early flight for this next trip so we will probably surprise them with that again too. ;) It's just so much harder to keep anything a secret now that they're older.

Oh my goodness I am so excited right now!!!!!!!!! :dance3::dance3:

I have been checking every day for the last 3 months for Poly CL with an AP discount and guess what?????????? :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes It was available just now and I got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo::woohoo: I have been trying to get an AP rate there for over 2 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOOOOOOOO :cheer2::cheer2: I still can't believe it worked. I had to make two reservations because I couldn't get the whole week, so I broke it down into 5 nights and 2 nights, got the two reservations linked, and now we've got all 7 nights at the AP rate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on 53 days!!!!!!!!!! :beach:

*I knew you guys would be the only people who would understand how exciting this is. ;)

Awesome!!! :woohoo::yay::cheer2:

Our next trip is booked as Poly CL and BC CL split stay. I am anxiously awaiting the AP rate to come out. It's challenging because they no longer let you access the AP site with a voucher so I have to rely on someone posting that the rates are out on the boards... :sad2:

I have been checking every day for the last 3 months for Poly CL with an AP discount and guess what?????????? :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes It was available just now and I got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo::woohoo: I have been trying to get an AP rate there for over 2 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOOOOOOOO :cheer2::cheer2: I still can't believe it worked. I had to make two reservations because I couldn't get the whole week, so I broke it down into 5 nights and 2 nights, got the two reservations linked, and now we've got all 7 nights at the AP rate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*I knew you guys would be the only people who would understand how exciting this is. ;)

NICE!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Awesome!!! :woohoo::yay::cheer2:

Our next trip is booked as Poly CL and BC CL split stay. I am anxiously awaiting the AP rate to come out. It's challenging because they no longer let you access the AP site with a voucher so I have to rely on someone posting that the rates are out on the boards... :sad2:

Well I might have celebrated too soon, my poly reservation is all messed up. Ugh!!! :(

The default setting is a bit fuzzy, so if you choose 720HD it takes longer to load but the videos are clearer. :)

That looks amazing! :cloud9: Thanks for sharing!

Seriously considering doing it. What time do you have to arrive at the dock for boarding the boat. Is it 8:30 or 8:00?

That looks amazing! :cloud9: Thanks for sharing!

Seriously considering doing it. What time do you have to arrive at the dock for boarding the boat. Is it 8:30 or 8:00?

I'm not really sure because concierge said 8:00 but our guest printout said 8:30 so we arrived somewhere in between. It seemed very flexible because some boats were leaving when we got there and some were still waiting for guests.

That's awesome!!

Really enjoyed your TR! Thanks for sharing! We will be going and staying BC CL in Oct.!:)

Can't wait!:cool1:

Nice job with the illuminations video! :thumbsup2 I enjoyed watching it!

I adore Illuminations! Thanks for posting the video!

Nice job with the illuminations video! :thumbsup2 I enjoyed watching it!

I adore Illuminations! Thanks for posting the video!

Thanks :) I tried to match the music up with the video as best as I could but my video and sound editing skills are mediocre at best. :lmao: The sound I actually recorded that night was distorted from the wind blowing in the mic. But I think this gives people a pretty good idea what it was like. I also forgot to mention that the Captain provided us with safety goggles and it was a good thing we used them because the fireworks debris rained down on us a couple of times!

Just LOVED your video!! You did a great job! Illuminations is my favorite night time show in all of WDW and DL! Thank you so much for sharing. This makes me even more excited for my October trip!

Kerry

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Just LOVED your video!! You did a great job! Illuminations is my favorite night time show in all of WDW and DL! Thank you so much for sharing. This makes me even more excited for my October trip!

Kerry

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

October is an amazing time to be in WDW!! :) You will have a great trip! :goodvibes

I'm counting down 34 days until we check-in to the Poly!!!!!!!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter