THE MURPHYS are LIVE from the YACHT CLUB ~ May 25-June 1

Hi Erika! Thanks for the information regarding your camera. I've looked up the features of the camera and like them. It reminds me of my Panasonic Lumix but updated. I feel the same way as you on the type of camera I look for!

I loved your idea on how you purchase your APs. I had been debating buying APs for the first time for our trip (just DH and me this time) in October, and then I read about the ticket price increase effective today. I chickened out and just bought 7 day PH yesterday since I'm not totally sure of another trip in 12 months. My son just graduated college and my daughter will be a junior in college (she's crazy about Disney like me and upset she can't go!). I feel another trip with the family or at least my daughter may be in the near future.

So enjoyed your trip report once again!

Kerry

LOL! :lmao: Good question! :thumbsup2 We have annual passes, so for the cost of about 2 week long park tickets we can go as many times during the year as we want. Also I don't buy our APs all at the same time, mine renews in December, the kids in the spring, my husband's in August, so I never have to renew them all at once. Those APs also gets us the Annual Passholder discount on the room, which is normally about 35-40% off the regular rate. I will make payments towards the hotel along the way so we never have to pay it all at once. I might call in and make a payment once a month or so. By the time we get to WDW we will only need to pay for our food.

This lifestyle definitely seems crazy to most people ;) heck I rarely even tell anyone when we go because I don't want to hear the lecture :lmao: but to me using our money to go to Disney is no different than other people who might choose to buy new cars, or put in a pool, or take up golfing, or eat out for dinner on weekends, or buy artwork, or expensive jewelry, etc, etc. Everyone has different interests and different priorities. This is just the thing that makes us happy. :grouphug:

That was so well put Erika!!

What an awesome strategy with buying the APs. I wish we could have thought of that. I guess I thought I needed to buy them all at once since we were going down in April and July I didn't think I had another option.

We just bought a condo. So next year we'll have FL resident ones woohoo!! :)

Thanks again for your great info. And I plan on taking advantage of the AP discount b/c my kids love BC!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Don't forget the Disney Visa Card- like getting 'free money' just for using the card!!!!! When we go in December we will have $1000 Disney rewards. But, the hardest thing is to pay the card off EVERY month.

LOL! :lmao: Good question! :thumbsup2 We have annual passes, so for the cost of about 2 week long park tickets we can go as many times during the year as we want. Also I don't buy our APs all at the same time, mine renews in December, the kids in the spring, my husband's in August, so I never have to renew them all at once. Those APs also gets us the Annual Passholder discount on the room, which is normally about 35-40% off the regular rate. I will make payments towards the hotel along the way so we never have to pay it all at once. I might call in and make a payment once a month or so. By the time we get to WDW we will only need to pay for our food.

This lifestyle definitely seems crazy to most people ;) heck I rarely even tell anyone when we go because I don't want to hear the lecture :lmao: but to me using our money to go to Disney is no different than other people who might choose to buy new cars, or put in a pool, or take up golfing, or eat out for dinner on weekends, or buy artwork, or expensive jewelry, etc, etc. Everyone has different interests and different priorities. This is just the thing that makes us happy. :grouphug:

This is our family too! The only difference is we buy our AP vouchers throughout the year and they all renew on the same date when we enter the park together.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I think your way is a GREAT idea. It's kinda like you incorporate the trips with the monthly bills.
I never thought to do it your way... But we sure will. Thank you for sharing

This is exactly how I feel!

Can never understand why other people care so much about what I spend my money on. No one is doing without and DD has a healthy college fund! :confused

BTW- you inspired me - i got the same camera, slightly different model at Costco today on sale!

Awesome! :) I think you'll really enjoy it. I'm still trying to figure out all the cool settings on mine.

Looking through my pictures I found a few more things to share. There is a new stroller parking area that just opened up across from Prince Eric's castle, it allows you to see a bit of the design of the new roller coaster too:

null_zps1018d1d8.jpg

null_zps892c85ba.jpg

null_zps39fa4dbb.jpg

null_zpse42fe0c3.jpg

null_zpscaa2c9be.jpg

I took a bunch of photos of the Regatta Club lounge one day when nobody was in it:

null_zps8504be70.jpg

null_zpsd93e7ae4.jpg

null_zps630cb9ce.jpg

null_zps3c18658c.jpg

Here they were setting up for dinner appetizers:

null_zpsf8918ee3.jpg

null_zps54dd9f3a.jpg

The hot items weren't out yet, but you can see they had started putting out the salad stuff:

null_zpsfa1e7bb7.jpg

null_zps9d4a5884.jpg

null_zpsfd992695.jpg

Here are a bunch of pictures using special effects... I still haven't quite figured them all out but I thought these were pretty cool! :thumbsup2

This is the area in Canada over by Le Cellier using an effect called "toy":

FSCN0500_zpsa2398087.jpg

This effect lets you take a photo in B&W and then choose one color to keep:

FSCN0502_zps4bc98a42.jpg

FSCN0498_zps90d7f1f2.jpg

FSCN0486_zps259f4e2f.jpg

FSCN0482_zps8140e4f0.jpg

FSCN0478_zps61457c2e.jpg

The pictures are amazing- I'll have to see if my camera can do that- the pictures make me want to be there. Come on December!!!!!:cheer2::cheer2:

That is so nice of you to answer this question! So well put. I really loved following your family during this trip report! popcorn:: Guess YC made up for the earlier problems. :thumbsup2 Thanks for your idea on the AP renewals! So smart.:teacher:
Sometimes I have a debbie downer reaction when I run in to less magic than I expect in WDW. :mad: You have it mastered! I'm taking a lesson from you! Have a great time in July!

Just read your entire TR! What an awesome trip minus the drama, but of course Disney more than made up for it. I have the same exact camera, and when we got it last year I was busy with a new born, so I never read my directions. I have played around with the color options, but never used the toy effect. It's now on my to do list. I really enjoyed reading along, and can't wait to get back to WDW, but first we have a trip to DLR coming up. I hope one day we can take as many trips as you guys do. Your son looked like he had an amazing Birthday trip your oldest is going to be just as lucky I have a feeling.

Thanks for sharing your TR Erika! I really enjoyed it. I was at HS same day as you last week @ Mama Melrose, I missed you by 20 mins it seems! Our ADR was at 8:30p!

Thanks for the pictures of the lounge. The photos in black and white with the one color are really nice. I always wondered how that was done. I like it.

How did checking in for your flight home go? Did you get a good boarding position? We are flying Southwest for the first time in July and I'm so nervous about the checking in and boarding procedure. We are used to Airtran and buying our seat assignments but Southwest had the best prices.

Thanks,
Michele

Thanks for the pictures of the lounge. The photos in black and white with the one color are really nice. I always wondered how that was done. I like it.

How did checking in for your flight home go? Did you get a good boarding position? We are flying Southwest for the first time in July and I'm so nervous about the checking in and boarding procedure. We are used to Airtran and buying our seat assignments but Southwest had the best prices.

Thanks,
Michele

We use the southwest app on iPhone to check-in. I set the alarm on my phone to beep about five minutes before so I can have the app open and my confirmation number already typed in. I just watch the time very closely so I can click right at the exact minute. We got A boarding group this time and usually always get A or the beginning of B. Once you arrive at the airport you'll line up at the counter to print your boarding passes and check any luggage you have. We always fly Southwest and have never had a problem checking in. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We use the southwest app on iPhone to check-in. I set the alarm on my phone to beep about five minutes before so I can have the app open and my confirmation number already typed in. I just watch the time very closely so I can click right at the exact minute. We got A boarding group this time and usually always get A or the beginning of B. Once you arrive at the airport you'll line up at the counter to print your boarding passes and check any luggage you have. We always fly Southwest and have never had a problem checking in. :)

Oh there's an app. That makes it easy. I'll have to tell my oldest daughter to put that on her phone. I don't have an iPhone but my 3 girls do. Go figure.:confused3

Thanks.

Oh there's an app. That makes it easy. I'll have to tell my oldest daughter to put that on her phone. I don't have an iPhone but my 3 girls do. Go figure.:confused3

Thanks.

It's very easy to use, you just need your confirmation number. I keep mine saved on my notepad app so I can cut and paste it. :)

Remember to allow extra time at the airport. When we arrived Saturday the southwest line was huge! I think the merge with air tran is really causing backups.

The pictures are amazing- I'll have to see if my camera can do that- the pictures make me want to be there. Come on December!!!!!:cheer2::cheer2:

December is such an amazing time in WDW :thumbsup2 I love all the decorations and special events. You will have a blast!!!!!! :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter