The new Concierge Sun Deck Jacuzzi--just an extension of the main Kiddie pool???

@gotomu212 -- I agree. I also paid for the family sundeck, but I don't expect peace and quiet there. In fact, the only part I actually expect peace and quiet is the specifically designated adult only areas. Which, the concierge sundeck is not one of. To be fair, I can get being disappointed that it is no longer serene and quiet, but it was only ever serene and quiet because there was nothing to do on it. Not because it wasn't a family location.

I've always understood that children are not allowed in hot tubs/jacuzzis in general for safety reasons. They may not know when too hot is too hot for their bodies and the water can be scalding hot. I know, even as an adult, I nearly passed out in one because I stayed too long and DH did get a burn in one once. (neither were Disney)

So, while most kids do go in hot tubs, I think the signs of 'no kids allowed' is a requirement from the lawyers. You'll see them in hotels, too.

It is a temperature dependant thing with children and hot tubs and I believe the ships would keep the temp down for this reason.

I think this is where you lose me. These kids (or rather their parents) also paid concierage prices to enjoy the sun deck. I would not assume that any family area would be enjoyed in relative peace-that’s why I go to the adult only areas when I want a relaxing atmosphere.

Supervising a child doesn’t mean the same thing as making them act peacefully (although I agree that running shouldn’t happen on a wet pool deck).

How about diving into a metal Jacuzzi?? Eating Ice Cream Cones in a Jacuzzi??

That "deck" is maybe 2 feet wide at best!!!

Your notion of good parenting and mine don't seem to agree---

Last edited:
@gotomu212 -- I agree. I also paid for the family sundeck, but I don't expect peace and quiet there. In fact, the only part I actually expect peace and quiet is the specifically designated adult only areas. Which, the concierge sundeck is not one of. To be fair, I can get being disappointed that it is no longer serene and quiet, but it was only ever serene and quiet because there was nothing to do on it. Not because it wasn't a family location.

You seem to misunderstand what I mean by peace and quiet--mainly as it relates to the Jacuzzi. Common kid behavior is fine--I'm used to it after 5 Fantasy Cruises. But mayhem in the Jacuzzi is a different matter altogether----that is what my thread is all about and I am surprised by those who think it's just fine.

Kids will be kids and--oh well.

Last edited:

Oh hey! I didn't realize they had installed a jacuzzi on the concierge sun deck. My kids are going to be so excited! (I promise, no food or drink or jumping in. They aren't monsters. Usually.)

It sure seemed like it last week!!!

In spite of the "rules" and warning signs, it was over-run by unattended Children on several occasions.

Once there were 6 or 7 small kids in it, actually running along the small deck, dripping ice cream cones into the water, and jumping in just as tho they were at the pool.

Another time there was a gentleman with his child, standing on the metal stars going into the Jacuzzi and actually TOSSING the kid into the water like a basketball!!

This Jacuzzi has an all metal floor and side, and when I sit on the bottom, the water is almost over my head.

The only time Mrs U and I could enjoy the thing was when we were the only guests up on the Sundeck.

Concierge must decide if they want a relaxing spot (as I think a Jacuzzi usually should be), or just another pool for kids to play in. It can't be both..

I know you mentioned telling concierge... did you write about it on the review sheet as well? Since concierge lets kinds in there it seems they would like it to be a pool for kids to play in.... that part is easy. Keeping them following the rules for their own safety should be paramount though...! All the other pools and hot tubs that welcome children are supervised aren't they? :(

And tho Satellite Falls is adult and quiet, I feel that having paid for the Concierge Sundeck that I perhaps might be able to enjoy it in somewhat relative peace...
Well, you paid, but those families paid for concierge for their kids, too, so their kids had as much right to enjoy the sundeck as you.

I don't approve of rowdy benavior, but you do keep bringing up how much you paid, so I'll point out that you didn't pay for an adults-only concierge hot tub. There is no such thing on DCL.

Fantasy.

And tho Satellite Falls is adult and quiet, I feel that having paid for the Concierge Sundeck that I perhaps might be able to enjoy it in somewhat relative peace.

But no--so as I say we picked our spots and did get in the Jacuzzi 2x when the kids weren't over-running things.
I'm not a fan of hot tubs, find them disgusting, but I agree with you 100%. Before they added it I enjoyed sitting on the sun deck reading. It was quiet and I found myself nodding off a few times. The past 2 trips there were other people reading and then a couple of kids (w/parent) went into the tub and the yelling/ splashing drove us off the sun deck. Personally, I feel the hot tubs should be adult only.

All the other pools and hot tubs that welcome children are supervised aren't they?
The family pools are very closely supervised, but the family hot tubs are not as closely supervised. Never saw any rowdy behavior in a family hot tub, though...lucky me.

Last edited:
Well, you paid, but those families paid for concierge for their kids, too, so their kids had as much right to enjoy the sundeck as you.
I don't approve of rowdy benavior, but you do keep
bringing up how much you paid, so I'll point out that you didn't pay for an adults-only concierge hot tub. There is no such thing on DCL.

Well--maybe I paid for SOMEBODY to look in on the Jacuzzi and enforce the POSTED rules???

And you miss my entire point about kids generally--

I know you mentioned telling concierge... did you write about it on the review sheet as well? Since concierge lets kinds in there it seems they would like it to be a pool for kids to play in.... that part is easy. Keeping them following the rules for their own safety should be paramount though...! All the other pools and hot tubs that welcome children are supervised aren't they? :(

I try to stay away for the kids areas for the most part, but I know the pool areas have lifeguards--and this Jacuzzi is deep enough for a small child to drown in. The posted sign with all the "rules" has at the very beginning a warning saying "No Lifeguard on duty".

But I fear you are correct--Concierge already knows it's intended to be a pool and not a place for adults to relax.

Again--it's an accident waiting to happen.

I'm not a fan of hot tubs, find them disgusting, but I agree with you 100%. Before they added it I enjoyed sitting on the sun deck reading. It was quiet and I found myself nodding off a few times. The past 2 trips there were other people reading and then a couple of kids (w/parent) went into the tub and the yelling/ splashing drove us off the sun deck. Personally, I feel the hot tubs should be adult only.

Then you know first hand how that Jacuzzi can easily become just another kiddie pool. Imagine how it was when we were there with 4/5 unsupervised kids eating, shouting, even walking around that small deck!!

Not to mention the father standing on those metal steps and throwing his child in like a basketball--multiple times.

Well--maybe I paid for SOMEBODY to look in on the Jacuzzi and enforce the POSTED rules???
Hot tubs always have a posted rule saying to only stay in for 10 minutes or so...Nevertheless, I have never seen that posted rule respected or enforced, anywhere. So expecting the staff to enforce that on the concierge deck isn't reasonable. As for the other behavior you described in your many posts, I really can't imagine any actual, head-first "diving" into the hot tub going on...Are you sure you don't really mean jumping in?

I think you were unhappy about the noise/number of kids/occassional splashing around. That might not have been pleasant for you, but it would be a logistical nightmare for DCL to try to enforce "quiet and calm" in a family hot tub. That's why there is an adult hot tub, for adults to get away from those kids, who were paid concierge guests, just like you.

For the experience you were expecting: concierge, yet basically a peaceful adult experience, I think you should try another line.

Last edited:
Whatever the paid price, rowdy behavior should not be allowed.

Perhaps something could be added to the spa area for adult Concierge as a reasonable solution. I have not sailed Concierge, I do not use public jacuzzis, hot tubs, but I think DCL needs to rethink this for safety and comfort.

Hot tubs always have a posted rule saying to only stay in for 10 minutes or so...Nevertheless, I have never seen that posted rule respected or enforced, anywhere. So expecting the staff to enforce that on the concierge deck isn't reasonable. As for the other behavior you described in your many posts, I really can't imagine any actual, head-first "diving" into the hot tub going on...Are you sure you don't really mean jumping in?

I think you were unhappy about the noise/number of kids/occassional splashing around. That might not have been pleasant for you, but it would be a logistical nightmare for DCL to try to enforce "quiet and calm" in a family hot tub. That's why there is an adult hot tub, for adults to get away from those kids, who were paid concierge guests, just like you.

For the experience you were expecting: concierge, yet basically a peaceful adult experience, I think you should try another line.

What is the "practical" difference between jumping or diving when the result --for me--is the same? It's a Jacuzzi--not a pool. Splashed water all over that part of the Sundeck and yelling and screaming, dripping ice cream cones into the water--- A violation of many of the posted "rules".

And again--I know that Jacuzzi was never intended to be anything but another kiddie pool. IT will take some sort of accident for DCL to re-asses the situation. And there WILL be an accident--

My biggest concern about the rowdy behavior, other than the safety issues, is that the sun deck is smack in the middle of Satellite Falls, the last quiet outdoor refuge of adults that doesn't have kids overhead (The Cove) screaming and running around or smoking (Currents and Meridian) during the daytime. Now they've plopped a play zone in the middle of it, which can lead to the kind of behavior @Uncleromulus is talking about.

Whatever the paid price, rowdy behavior should not be allowed.

Perhaps something could be added to the spa area for adult Concierge as a reasonable solution. I have not sailed Concierge, I do not use public jacuzzis, hot tubs, but I think DCL needs to rethink this for safety and comfort.

Since DCL is mostly all about the kids, I doubt they would make any sort of an accommodation for adults--

My biggest concern about the rowdy behavior, other than the safety issues, is that the sun deck is smack in the middle of Satellite Falls, the last quiet outdoor refuge of adults that doesn't have kids overhead (The Cove) screaming and running around or smoking (Currents and Meridian) during the daytime. Now they've plopped a play zone in the middle of it, which can lead to the kind of behavior @Uncleromulus is talking about.

I would hope the walls surrounding the sundeck would keep the noise down--but you are correct--it's now a play zone.

What is the "practical" difference between jumping or diving when the result --for me--is the same? Splashed water all over that part of the Sundeck and yelling a screaming. A violation of many of the posted "rules".
It's a big difference in the level of recklessness on behalf of the kids, as diving would undoubtably cause serious injury in such a shallow body of water. Jumping into a hot tub isn't appropriate, but it isn't nearly so recklessly dangerous as diving and indicates that you were exaggerating about how crazy the kids were acting.

I get that you didn't like the splashing and noise. For the last time, I'll point out that paying for concierge doesn't insulate you from the noise or behavior of kids, as that concierge sun deck is a family area, not an adults-only one.

I was trying to help you by suggesting that you sail on another line that will better meet your needs for a simultaneously concierge and adults-only experience. But I am done trying, now.

I would hope the walls surrounding the sundeck would keep the noise down--but you are correct--it's now a play zone.

It doesn't. We were concierge the cruise after you, and we accessed the sun deck from Satellite Falls for the soiree. You could easily hear the kids, the musician and the conversation from outside the walls.

That said, Satellite Falls isn't very well policed either. From sailaway to the last day I saw kids in Satellite Falls every time I was there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter