The NEW Official November 2010 Countdown & Planning Thread ~ Come join us! (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI...our Target has 2pk. glow sticks, and a multipack of glow bracelets for $1 each. They are up at the front door with the seasonal 'cheap' items.:thumbsup2

Wal-mart has them for either $1 or $2.

I've also seen them at Wal-greens.

We bought some last year and then ended up buying some at Disney too. :rolleyes1

Good morning everyone :wave:

It's been a busy few days around here. You sure can tell school has started because so has all the running around that comes along with it! :upsidedow

I think I have the lists all caught up. But I apologize if I missed anything. If I did, just let me know. Again. :rotfl:

Congrats to everyone hitting big numbers - 80 days, 70 days, 60 days. . . I think I am about to approach 55 days soon!!! :banana::banana:

Hi Everyone!:lovestruc I've been checking in on this thread since we too are going in Nov. but haven't had time to post. This will be our first ever WDW trip! Whoo-hoo! So here's our 411...

My mom, dad, DH, 2 DS's and I will...
Stay at AVK 11/17-26 (if BTL waitlist doesn't come through for a split stay)

and dining at
11/20 Sanna
11/22 LTT
11/25 Biegarten

the rest of the the meals will be in our villa or QS meals.

So since we are entering packing mode, I'm making my list and wanted to get some more input from you that have been there in late Nov.? Will it really be around 75 degrees, with cool mornings and evenings?:confused3 Will we be able to enjoy the pool?

Hi all! We're doing a short trip, Nov 14-18 at OKW. DH and I are so excited to take our little guy to Disney for the first time!:love:

November 20th-24th for me.

Staying at the pop .. going for the value trip thing.

:welcome: to all our new friends!!

Thanks for the dining update and the link to the cancel thread...

You're welcome! :goodvibes

We've got a good even number today! :banana: 80 days to go! :banana:
We decided yesterday to leave on 11/27 instead of 11/28! :woohoo: We will leave around lunch time on 11/27 and stay at the Comfort Inn close to DTD that night. We are going to go ahead and get our DTD shopping out of the way that night and be ready for 3 full days in the parks starting the next day! Has anyone stayed at the Comfort Inn since they remodeled it? We got a great deal on the room! They are doing an Autumn Special and the rooms are $49/night!

Congrats on the extra night and the great deal!! :cool1:

we are at 65 days today!!! It sounds so much better every 5 or 10 days doesnt it?!!!!

Yes it does!! :woohoo:

Today is a bitter sweet day for me -

3 years ago today my dad lost his epic battle with cancer (friends of mine kid that he should have been the poster boy - 4 different types of cancer over his life-time).

But today is also my 2 month out date :)

This trip is actually being taken in honor of my mom and my roommate's brother who both passed away in 2009. The closer the date come the more excited we are to get to take this vacation from our lives and just spend a week being kids again.

I'm actually starting my first ever Disney list - what I would like to buy. I have some Christmas shopping I want to get done while there plus things I want for me so to help me budget I'm writing down what I want and what I'm willing to spend...

Next step in the trip is look at the weather and start to buy new clothes (Vacations for me always means new sleep-wear and I want to look nice for 2 of our ADRs so new shirts perhaps too)

It sounds like you really need this vacation. I hope you have a great time. :hug:

Wow that is a awesome price!! Did you just book it through their website?
I have family in Daytona Beach and we were considereing staying there on 11/27 then driving over & checking in on 11/28 however I'd rather stay closer so we can get into the park earlier!!!

Yes, I booked it through their website. I can't remember the rules about posting websites, but the site is comfortinnorlando(dot)com. Near the top of the page it will say "Special Packages". Click on that and then click "Autumn Special". The total for the room and taxes came out to be $55.12!

3 years ago today my dad lost his epic battle with cancer (friends of mine kid that he should have been the poster boy - 4 different types of cancer over his life-time).

This trip is actually being taken in honor of my mom and my roommate's brother who both passed away in 2009. The closer the date come the more excited we are to get to take this vacation from our lives and just spend a week being kids again.

I'm actually starting my first ever Disney list - what I would like to buy. I have some Christmas shopping I want to get done while there plus things I want for me so to help me budget I'm writing down what I want and what I'm willing to spend...

Next step in the trip is look at the weather and start to buy new clothes (Vacations for me always means new sleep-wear and I want to look nice for 2 of our ADRs so new shirts perhaps too)

:hug:
July was a year that I lost my youngest DS :littleangel:, our trip this year is in rememberance of him, we always spoke of going at Christmastime, and like your trip it is to celebrate Life and leave the harsh realities of everyday life behind if only for a short time but never forget those that we love who are no longer with us.

Your father sounds like a real fighter.

I love buying new items for vacation also, infact have been doing that for a few months now, only thing I still need to pick up are a new pair of sneakers, socks and underwear, and maybe an end of season bargain swimsuit

OK...those going at the end of the month, who has their CHRISTMAS SHOPPING started?!?!? I am uber excited (that is a word isnt it:goodvibes) that I have ordered two of our Nov. birthday gifts already AND stayed under budget. :woohoo: We bought my parents a gift cert. for Christmas to an Inn in amish country Ohio, so they are done too. My goal is to finish by the middle of October, and that includes our stocking stuffers. Who's next?:goodvibes

You gotta come read our Christmas thread!!! I will post you a link!! It's soooo fun~~ I usually shop and finish early anyway, so my deadline is usually Oct....unless I have something special I want to get someone from Disney.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2522057

It sounds like you really need this vacation. I hope you have a great time. :hug:

July was a year that I lost my youngest DS :littleangel:, our trip this year is in rememberance of him, we always spoke of going at Christmastime, and like your trip it is to celebrate Life and leave the harsh realities of everyday life behind if only for a short time but never forget those that we love who are no longer with us.

Your father sounds like a real fighter.

I love buying new items for vacation also, infact have been doing that for a few months now, only thing I still need to pick up are a new pair of sneakers, socks and underwear, and maybe an end of season bargain swimsuit

I actually did a trip like this in 2008 with my mom to celebrate my dad, and it was perhaps the best WDW trip I ever took. Disney has a special place in my heart as a place to celebrate wonderful memories of my parents. While we only went twice when I was a kid they are two vacations that stand out most in my childhood memories.

I can't wait though to create new ones with my roommate who has never been to WDW before... we joke that it's really our trip and her BF (also our roommate) is just going to be told what to do while we act our shoe size not our age :rotfl:

This trip is actually being taken in honor of my mom and my roommate's brother who both passed away in 2009. The closer the date come the more excited we are to get to take this vacation from our lives and just spend a week being kids again.......

I'm so sorry for you. :hug: I can't imagine what it would be like to lose both parents. :sad2: Cancer just stinks! I'm so proud you're taking a trip in honor of your Mom & roommate's brother. My FIL just died in March w/ brain cancer & my Mom just died on Aug. 1st w/ breast cancer. :sad1: Our trip is in their honor too! :littleangel: We were able to take Mom w/ us in 2008 & she :love: LOVED it! I'll be praying for you today. God bless, Angela

Bless your heart too!! :hug: I'm so, so sorry about your DS :sad1: I pray you and your family have a wonderful trip. :littleangel:

Hi Everyone,
I hope it's not to late to join your group. We will be in Disney from 11-13 t0 11-20. We're staying at Bonnet Creek through Ken Price (love him). We are a family of 4 and have identical twins. My brother and his family of 4 are coming as well. We are very excited to be staying in the presidential suite. This is our 2nd Nov. trip. First was in 08. It was FREEZING :scared1: for Florida, but warm compared to Chicago.

Hi Everyone,
I hope it's not to late to join your group. We will be in Disney from 11-13 t0 11-20. We're staying at Bonnet Creek through Ken Price (love him). We are a family of 4 and have identical twins. My brother and his family of 4 are coming as well. We are very excited to be staying in the presidential suite. This is our 2nd Nov. trip. First was in 08. It was FREEZING :scared1: for Florida, but warm compared to Chicago.

:welcome: Of course it's not too late to join ~ The more the merrier!

Sounds like a fun trip you have planned! I hope it's warmer for you this time. It was very nice last November. :cloud9:

Hi everyone,
As I have been reading through all of the posts, I realize how we all are thankful for so many things in life and how everyone finds just the thing to help them through those trying times.

This is our Christmas present to our daughters and their families. We have much to be thankful and to celebrate. We are thankful that dh is almost 5 years without any tumor growth...still there, but hasn't grown.

Five years ago at Thanksgiving, as we celebrated my daughter's wedding vow renewal, dh and I kept silent of his next surgery to give them their day. The next day was probably one of the most difficult as we had to tell them he needed surgery once again, just 6 months after his first. This time it grew fast and bigger impacting his vision even more.

I told my daughters that we celebrate our lives, no tumor growth, our grandchildren, my birthday and their anniversary this trip. I know that I won't spend this kind of money to pay everyone's way again, but we will have this year and all the memories we make of it.

I am so impressed with all of you who have suffered some many losses and how you are choosing to celebrate your loved ones' lives.

Bless all of you...

Oh, and I just counted and realized we are at the 70-day mark.

Just wanted to pop on real quick and say hello to everyone. It has been a busy few days. Yesterday was ds birthday, so I took him to his favorite restaruant "the bread stick place" (olive garden). We had a great day spending time together and I cant belive he is 5 already....where does time go??

Hi everyone,
As I have been reading through all of the posts, I realize how we all are thankful for so many things in life and how everyone finds just the thing to help them through those trying times.

This is our Christmas present to our daughters and their families. We have much to be thankful and to celebrate. We are thankful that dh is almost 5 years without any tumor growth...still there, but hasn't grown.

Five years ago at Thanksgiving, as we celebrated my daughter's wedding vow renewal, dh and I kept silent of his next surgery to give them their day. The next day was probably one of the most difficult as we had to tell them he needed surgery once again, just 6 months after his first. This time it grew fast and bigger impacting his vision even more.

I told my daughters that we celebrate our lives, no tumor growth, our grandchildren, my birthday and their anniversary this trip. I know that I won't spend this kind of money to pay everyone's way again, but we will have this year and all the memories we make of it.

I am so impressed with all of you who have suffered some many losses and how you are choosing to celebrate your loved ones' lives.

Bless all of you...

Hi there... I see your from Western NY... I grew up in Lockport... still have a lot of family there...

Just wanted to pop on real quick and say hello to everyone. It has been a busy few days. Yesterday was ds birthday, so I took him to his favorite restaruant "the bread stick place" (olive garden). We had a great day spending time together and I cant belive he is 5 already....where does time go??

We LOVE Olive Garden... soup, salad and breadsticks for lunch!!!!!

Hi everyone,

Bless all of you...

You are exactly right..We are all so blessed..We are at 70 days too..woohooo!!!

I wanna know too!!

My son is 4 and those years have went so fast, I'm sure the next 4 will be faster! :sad2:

MMMMMMMMM Olive Garden!!!! Your son has good taste!

The first thing I have to say is TGIF! What a week! Now, my work is over for a while and I can sit down and catch up with my November friends!
We are at 69 days today, and I have been busy ordering a few more Disney "gifts" for my boys. I was going to print out a Epcot Santa book for each of them to get signed and put in pics, but my printer wasn't doing a good job. Snapfish has free shipping through tomorrow, so I did 4x6 flip books which look great and I had a coupon for a free one, so it only cost me $7 for both!
I also finished (I hope) DS6 custom autograph book on artscow, so now I have to move on to DS12. I put autograph pages that I found here and added a page with pics throughout the years with most of the characters.
I printed out a coupon for a pin and then ordered them each a pin from the disney store site.
I've been trying to decide what I want to do as far as decorating our room and window, maybe a small tree and some lights in the window. Anyone have any good ideas? (I'll put a copy of our Nov LGMH in the window too)

9/9 was my DD14's birthday as well. All of the girls are slowly leaving this morning after a sleepover. 4 down, 2 to go! My DH calls the Olive Garden, Garlic Garden.

I had to bump this thread up because we were 1/2 way down the page. We just can't have that!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter