The NEW Official November 2010 Countdown & Planning Thread ~ Come join us! (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on 60 days....:cheer2::cheer2:

We still have 77 days... but we are getting closer... My ticker is all 2's and 7's today....:yay::yay::yay:

Just wanted to make a quick stop in and update you all on my Grandma. She passed away yesterday afternoon. I had just left when it happened but I was on the phone when it did. After I posted my last update, things went drastically down hill. None of the meds she was on worked the way it was suppose to. Other meds they tried didn't work either. One even made her go a bit crazy. It was horrible. But we all stayed by her side at all times. Our family is very small, so we are all very close. Loosing grandma was a major hit for us because she was our backbone. But at the same time, it was a relief to know she will never have to suffer again. And I know she is in heaven. If there was anyone going there is was her! We joked what took so long in her finale days was that God was trying to decide what to do with her.

Service will be on Monday. I am not sure I will be on anymore until then. So keep us in your prayers while we lay her to rest.

Thank You everyone for all of your support and encouragement over the last few weeks. We laid my grandma to rest yesterday after a celebration of her life. Never in my life have I known a person so ready to go to heaven. She had such a Christian faith that she lived ever day in preparation for the day she went to heaven. I have no doubt that today she is worshiping at the feet of God. Our preacher even joked that she is a pastors worst nightmare. She could out preach the preacher! LOL I know I am going to miss her something terrible, but I also know one day I will see her again. Even on the spray of flowers I sent to her funeral, I had them write on the card "See you soon". That was the last words me and my grandma always said to each other. No matter what happened once we left each other, we would always see each other soon one way or another....

Big hugs Jessica, I bet it was a beautiful service! :hug::hug:

52 more days!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Days are flying by now! Its going to fast since school started.. We are so super busy all the time now I don't have time to sit around and wish the days away!

My youngest started preschool today :guilty: its so sad how fast goes.. I swear he was just born!! :cry

Hope everyone is finalizing all their plans!!!!! :banana:

I cannot remember if this was discussed earlier, I really did not want to re-read 248 pages. If it was, I am apologizing now :confused3 I was wondering since it is much cooler in November, than the last time I went in August, what does everyone do with the jackets &/or pants that you bring into the parks? Do you bring an extra bag and carry it around all day, or get a locker at one of the parks?

There are 5 of us, 3 adults and 2 kids and we usually do not leave the parks until closing. We have a clear backpack for our essentials to bring into the park, I'm not sure if we should bring another one for our jackets &/or pants?

Thanks again, ahead of time and sorry if this is a repeat, but we are all getting closer to our time with the Mouse or in my case Goofy :love::love:

7 weeks from today, we'll be in DHS :cheer2:

I cannot remember if this was discussed earlier, I really did not want to re-read 248 pages. If it was, I am apologizing now :confused3 I was wondering since it is much cooler in November, than the last time I went in August, what does everyone do with the jackets &/or pants that you bring into the parks? Do you bring an extra bag and carry it around all day, or get a locker at one of the parks?

There are 5 of us, 3 adults and 2 kids and we usually do not leave the parks until closing. We have a clear backpack for our essentials to bring into the park, I'm not sure if we should bring another one for our jackets &/or pants?

Thanks again, ahead of time and sorry if this is a repeat, but we are all getting closer to our time with the Mouse or in my case Goofy :love::love:

7 weeks from today, we'll be in DHS :cheer2:

I'll still have a stroller, so I will put it on the bottom.. but if I didn't, I would probably rent a locker.. unless you wanted to use a backpack.

Thank You everyone for all of your support and encouragement over the last few weeks. We laid my grandma to rest yesterday after a celebration of her life. Never in my life have I known a person so ready to go to heaven. She had such a Christian faith that she lived ever day in preparation for the day she went to heaven. I have no doubt that today she is worshiping at the feet of God. Our preacher even joked that she is a pastors worst nightmare. She could out preach the preacher! LOL I know I am going to miss her something terrible, but I also know one day I will see her again. Even on the spray of flowers I sent to her funeral, I had them write on the card "See you soon". That was the last words me and my grandma always said to each other. No matter what happened once we left each other, we would always see each other soon one way or another....

:hug:

:cool1:66 days :cool1: So how soon do you guys start a packing list?? LOL

Packing happens the day before the trip... but for Shellys sake I might start packing a week early this trip..:lmao:

Hello November friends!

Sorry I haven't kept up very well the last several pages. I got called into substitute all week.

Since the DIS closes out threads at 250 pages, I went ahead and started 'Part 2' of our thread!!! :cool1:

So come on over ~ http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=38219262#post38219262 :goodvibes

heading there now....:moped:

Does a refurbishment ever end early? We are going November 3-10 and I saw that the teacups are closed for refurbishment until the 10th. Of course my DD's favorite ride! We leave in the morning and not sure if the DH will swing past MK to get in one ride so I am really hoping they will be finished early!!!! Does that every happen????

Not usually on short rehabs.. on major rehabs when the ride is closed for a long period of time they generally have soft openings. :)

Does a refurbishment ever end early? We are going November 3-10 and I saw that the teacups are closed for refurbishment until the 10th. Of course my DD's favorite ride! We leave in the morning and not sure if the DH will swing past MK to get in one ride so I am really hoping they will be finished early!!!! Does that every happen????

I'm sorry but I don't know the answer to your question. But, come on over to November travelers part 2: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=38219262#post38219262
and maybe someone else can help you. :)

Hi everybody! I had to redo all of my stuff on the disboards (I use to be on here as Tori0681) so I'm re-subbing! I lost my job last week, so I haven't been on the boards for a whole week! It's been killing me to not be able to keep up with everything that's going on here! I know ALOT happens in a week! :) I was really worried at first that we would have to cancel our trip since I am now unemployed, but my DH reassured me that no matter what we will be going to celebrate Christmas with Mickey this year! :yay: He has been so sweet and supportive! :love: Anyway, I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Hi everybody! I had to redo all of my stuff on the disboards (I use to be on here as Tori0681) so I'm re-subbing! I lost my job last week, so I haven't been on the boards for a whole week! It's been killing me to not be able to keep up with everything that's going on here! I know ALOT happens in a week! :) I was really worried at first that we would have to cancel our trip since I am now unemployed, but my DH reassured me that no matter what we will be going to celebrate Christmas with Mickey this year! :yay: He has been so sweet and supportive! :love: Anyway, I hope everyone has a great weekend!

What happened that you had to re-do. I'm sure the mods could have helped you recover your account. I'm so glad you're not going to have to cancel your trip. What a great supportive husband. Sounds like a keeper to me! :cutie:

We're having Turkey with Mickey for Thanksgiving. Literally, because we have our Thanksgiving meal reserved for Chef Mickey. This will be our 2nd Thanksgiving at Disney. We did Thanksgiving in 2007 and our meal was at Whispering Canyon. We've never done Christmas as far as I know, although I have no idea what time of year it was when I went as a child in the early 70's. Sounds like it'll be fun.:santa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter