The NEW Official November 2010 Countdown & Planning Thread ~ Come join us! (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished both my kids custom autograph books on artscow. I am super excited about how they came out! I think I have matching t-shirts for the boys for everyday, and I ordered a new disney pin for each of them as one of their disney "gifts" and they came yesterday, very cute.
My husband and I have been walking most weeknights, but both the kids have been sick so they haven't joined us yet (definitely need to work on DS6, because he is going for the first time with no stroller!)

I finished both my kids custom autograph books on artscow. I am super excited about how they came out! I think I have matching t-shirts for the boys for everyday, and I ordered a new disney pin for each of them as one of their disney "gifts" and they came yesterday, very cute.
My husband and I have been walking most weeknights, but both the kids have been sick so they haven't joined us yet (definitely need to work on DS6, because he is going for the first time with no stroller!)

My daughter is 8 years old, but quite petite. We did not take a stroller for her for the first time this past March. She was totally fine. However, when we returned in August, we did not bring a stroller assuming she would be fine again. WRONG!:scared1: With the extra heat and humidity load and the additional summer crowds, she was miserable. She just couldn't do it. We ended up by the 2nd or 3rd day renting the single stroller. Its $13.00 a day when you rent a minimum number of days. I don't remember how many. We did 7 I think. Luckily, she is 45 inches tall and weighs 39 pounds, so she fit just fine. We're returning again for Thanksgiving. I think we'll bring her stroller just in case. We have the stroller that you can buy in the parks. Its red with black trim. Its worth the $50 we paid for it at Worldgate Gifts at EPCOT's back gate. However, the first time we took it on a plane, the baggage handlers broke the cup holder off. :mad: I do however like the option of putting stuff under the stroller. The Disney rental strollers, although quite sturdy, do not have an under compartment. When you hang things off the back, when your child gets up, the stroller tips over.:rolleyes:

Once this trip is over I'm not srue how long it will be before we get to go back. It's been every other year since 2006 since some things are changing so :confused3:confused3 I plan to SUPER enjoy this trip!!! :cool1::lmao::thumbsup2

I feel like I'm the 'late bloomer' here because most of you are in your 50's or 60's countdown. :rotfl2: But it's all good as we ALL are going to WDW!!

My daughter is part of a pre-professional official youth ballet of WV and the studio opens back up full time today. So from here on out those days WILL fly for me. She is in class 3-4 days a week plus rehearsals will begin soon for the fall show which takes place the Friday BEFORE Thanksgiving, plus a Nutcracker performance on Dec. 11th once we're back.

I bet time will start flying for you now! I know since my kiddos started school, it has been crazy at our house.

I really wish all of us on this thread could be at WDW at the same time. It would be so neat to meet everyone after talking all these months! As it is, I will make sure to have my lime green Mickey on me at all times, in hopes that I will at least get to meet a few people from here. :goodvibes

We just confirmed this week that we're going back to The World in November, and I'm so excited!! :yay: It's to celebrate my graduation from Bachelor of Science in Nursing back in May, we couldn't get in a trip til now, but better late than never!! I felt like I had to post something somewhere and I found this thread. Now I'm going back to read all of the other posts!

We just confirmed this week that we're going back to The World in November, and I'm so excited!! :yay: It's to celebrate my graduation from Bachelor of Science in Nursing back in May, we couldn't get in a trip til now, but better late than never!! I felt like I had to post something somewhere and I found this thread. Now I'm going back to read all of the other posts!

:welcome: And congrats on graduating from Nursing!!! And how cool---you haven't had to wait for months like us!! Just weeks and you will be there! Way to go!!

Thank You everyone for all of your support and encouragement over the last few weeks. We laid my grandma to rest yesterday after a celebration of her life. Never in my life have I known a person so ready to go to heaven. She had such a Christian faith that she lived ever day in preparation for the day she went to heaven. I have no doubt that today she is worshiping at the feet of God. Our preacher even joked that she is a pastors worst nightmare. She could out preach the preacher! LOL I know I am going to miss her something terrible, but I also know one day I will see her again. Even on the spray of flowers I sent to her funeral, I had them write on the card "See you soon". That was the last words me and my grandma always said to each other. No matter what happened once we left each other, we would always see each other soon one way or another....

Thank You everyone for all of your support and encouragement over the last few weeks. We laid my grandma to rest yesterday after a celebration of her life. Never in my life have I known a person so ready to go to heaven. She had such a Christian faith that she lived ever day in preparation for the day she went to heaven. I have no doubt that today she is worshiping at the feet of God. Our preacher even joked that she is a pastors worst nightmare. She could out preach the preacher! LOL I know I am going to miss her something terrible, but I also know one day I will see her again. Even on the spray of flowers I sent to her funeral, I had them write on the card "See you soon". That was the last words me and my grandma always said to each other. No matter what happened once we left each other, we would always see each other soon one way or another....

Oh Jessica!!:hug: How precious!! And you know, that's how are life should be!! I am so glad you have the knowledge of where she is...in Heaven praising Jesus and you know that you will see her again!! What a blessing!

:hug:

Time has just dragged these past few months....and now it seems to be speeding up. :) I just don't want it to speed by too quickly while we're in WDW!

Me either!!!

The weeks just seem to be zooming by! I usually keep track by how many weekends I have before we leave. Not too many when you look at it that way. I still got some shopping to do! :laughing:

Jessica -- the "see you soon" card sounds perfect!!

So I went to the dollar store this weekend and got some more lightups, some princess and Tinkerbell "slap" bracelets, and a magnetic tic-tac-toe board.

I ordered one more shirt for my DH and DD5 to match our outfits and bought a pair of capris with some "diamond" studs on the side. They are cute.

Next projects -- finish my autograph pages and start packing the goodies for the drive down to Disney. We hand them out about every 45 miles. They are small toys like you get from the dollar store or happy meals, but they go a long way when kids are bored.

Me either!!!

The weeks just seem to be zooming by! I usually keep track by how many weekends I have before we leave. Not too many when you look at it that way. I still got some shopping to do! :laughing:

I have all my shopping lists ready, now I just have to go and get everything. Good idea about tracking weekends, I like that.

Exactly two months from today....I can't wait, I don't think I've ever needed a visit to The Mouse so much.

Time really is flying by now! And here I was whining about how long it took to get to the double digits! Nov will be here in no time! I am counting my time in soccer weeks now. Our last game is on Oct 30. We have 8 weeks of soccer. We are on week 2 now. My goal.... to be packed by Oct 30!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter