*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

I had heard in a couple of places that recently BOG was not booking after July 1st. I'm assuming since you booked breakfast this is no longer the case? We would really like to try for a PPO there for our August trip.

Be our guest is booking for breakfast and lunch and not dinner.

Any word yet on when they might start booking BOG dinners again?

Yes, no problem getting breakfast / lunch (but we didn't get a lunch as we decided to try Liberty Tree Tavern for the first time for lunch) at BOG. My brother and his family are going in July and have a 6:00pm BOG dinner reservation (although when he booked his ADR's there were none available for dinner... they just popped up a couple of days later and he grabbed one). His reservation is July 17th for dinner, so I'm hoping that's what happens for August as we like BOG dinner.

ETA we did get a PPO breakfast at BOG:-)

Hi all,
How did I not know this existed! We’re coming 6 - 20th August staying at OKW. Our ADR window opened yesterday and we got everything we wanted except BOG dinner. We’ve snagged lunch there just in case the dinner reservations don’t materialise. Still got a few to book but super excited to be eating at
The Crystal Palace (PPO Breakfast)
Coral Reef
‘Ohana
Sci Fi
T Rex
Tusker House
Sanaa
California Grill (on my birthday)
Skipper Canteen
SAN Angel Inn
Spice Road Table
STK
Yak and Yeti
Phew! That’s a lot of food. Can’t wait. I’m off now to catch up on the rest of this thread. :love:

Just booked August 30-September 8 at All Star Sports.
Me, DH, and our sons age 12 and 15.
Our daughter will be going to college so can't come. (She's not interested in Disney, we're not just ditching her. LOL.)

Psyched to narrow down dining. ADR day is 2/20 for us! Here’s what we are thinking:

Chef Mickey’s
Biergarten
Tusker House
Hoop Dee Doo
Be Our Guest
Brown Derby or Mama Melrose
Skipper Canteen or Cinderella’s

And yes I’m aware how different the experiences at those bottom two pairs would be lol.

I am starting to put our list of ADRs together and I've been working off of the KennythePirate crowd calendar but there are so many variables such as actual park hours and if/when MNNSHP is happening in August. (am I the only one who thinks it is SUPER strange to start Hallowe'en events in August???)

I may have missed it in this thread since it was really not on my radar but is anyone here planning on doing MNNSHP? Has anyone done one before and how was it?

It seems insane that I have 4 other trips planned before WDW and yet this is the one that takes the most planning!

I asked when I was making the bbb appointment and she wouldn’t give me any information.

We are going early August, so no Halloween party for us. Yes it’s weird to think of Halloween in August

Oh wow! Thanks for that info! Do you know what time that window opens for booking? I have work early in the am and need to plan ahead!

Last year, they released them at 7am est. I pulled up the site around 6:30am and kept refreshing until they popped up.

I am starting to put our list of ADRs together and I've been working off of the KennythePirate crowd calendar but there are so many variables such as actual park hours and if/when MNNSHP is happening in August. (am I the only one who thinks it is SUPER strange to start Hallowe'en events in August???)

I may have missed it in this thread since it was really not on my radar but is anyone here planning on doing MNNSHP? Has anyone done one before and how was it?

It seems insane that I have 4 other trips planned before WDW and yet this is the one that takes the most planning!

Halloween parties in August would be strange anywhere else in the world, but at Disney, it is not unusual. We have done the Halloween party two times in the past, and really enjoyed it. Lower crowds, a special, and awesome parade, and a special fireworks show, plus lighting and decorations along Main Street, rare characters, and some special photopass options all help to make the parties an amazing experience.

We are hoping to attend one this year, of course, dependent upon Kenny The Pirate being right. If there is a party on August 28th, we will very likely attend it.

Hi all,
How did I not know this existed! We’re coming 6 - 20th August staying at OKW. Our ADR window opened yesterday and we got everything we wanted except BOG dinner. We’ve snagged lunch there just in case the dinner reservations don’t materialise. Still got a few to book but super excited to be eating at
Coral Reef
‘Ohana
Sci Fi
T Rex
Tusker House
Sanaa
Skipper Canteen
SAN Angel Inn
Spice Road Table
STK
Yak and Yeti
Phew! That’s a lot of food. Can’t wait. I’m off now to catch up on the rest of this thread. :love:

It's ok, Disney is a lot of walking, so you will do a pretty good job of burning off those calories :) Some of our favorites are on your list, Crystal Palace PPO breakfast I think is an absolutely perfect way to start a day at the Magic Kingdom. Coral Reef is beautiful. Love 'Ohana. We hop the monorail over from MK for supper, then back to the park for the evening.

Love Sci-Fi. T-Rex, the food is ok, kids LOVE the atmosphere. Tusker House we tried for the first time last summer. It was a bit spicy for me, right on the edge of what I could tolerate (I don't do spicy at all), but tasty. We are looking forward to Tusker House again this summer. STK . . . . haven't been yet, but I'm dying to try it :)

Just booked August 30-September 8 at All Star Sports.
Me, DH, and our sons age 12 and 15.
Our daughter will be going to college so can't come. (She's not interested in Disney, we're not just ditching her. LOL.)

:welcome: Hope you have an AMAZING trip with the boys!

Psyched to narrow down dining. ADR day is 2/20 for us! Here’s what we are thinking:

Chef Mickey’s
Biergarten
Tusker House
Hoop Dee Doo
Be Our Guest
Brown Derby or Mama Melrose
Skipper Canteen or Cinderella’s

And yes I’m aware how different the experiences at those bottom two pairs would be lol.

Love Mama Melrose. The seafood soup there is tasty. Biergarten is one I don't see many people mention, yet I really enjoyed it. My grandmother was Pennsylvania Dutch, and cooked a lot of German food. I grew up on it, so eating there is a bit of a flashback to my childhood. We are planning on a lunch there this summer.

Last year, they released them at 7am est. I pulled up the site around 6:30am and kept refreshing until they popped up.

Yup, 7 am it is. Works out horribly for me, that is exactly the time I have to be at work. Good thing my daughter doesn't mind doing my dirty work lol.

Love Mama Melrose. The seafood soup there is tasty. Biergarten is one I don't see many people mention, yet I really enjoyed it. My grandmother was Pennsylvania Dutch, and cooked a lot of German food. I grew up on it, so eating there is a bit of a flashback to my childhood. We are planning on a lunch there this summer.

It's great to hear good things about MM. We don't have extensive experience with German food but really want to enjoy the atmosphere with the kids. It was between that and Hacienda but we figured we can find lots of good Mexican food around here so we wanted to give Biergarten a try.

It's great to hear good things about MM. We don't have extensive experience with German food but really want to enjoy the atmosphere with the kids. It was between that and Hacienda but we figured we can find lots of good Mexican food around here so we wanted to give Biergarten a try.
I don't know if I would say that the food in Biergarten is stand out, but it wasn't bad, and reminded me a lot of the kinds of stuff my grandmother made. Lots of sausages and smoked meats, dumplings and potatoes. Mama Melrose, I really did enjoy the fish soup. Now that was a few years ago, but if it hasn't changed, it is good. I work in an Italian restaurant / Pizzaria, owned and operated by Italians, so I have plenty of experience there :)

Thanks. We’ve been to TRex, Tusker House and Sci Fi before but we’re taking a WDW newbie with us so couldn’t not take them for food there (we are from the UK and don’t really have themed things over here very much). Really looking forward to ‘Ohana and Coral Reef :lovestruc

Sunday is my ADR day.... getting anxious. Just to confirm because I have gotten mixed info lately.... what time does the online window open? Call in? I am in NY, so est.

not Trying to get anything crazy, but one large group at Chef Mickey’s I am worried about.

Thanks!

Am I missing something? Disney hasn't released park hours, which makes it a little hard to choose which park to visit each day, but I'm supposed to plan out all of my meals and make reservations next week?

Also, I'm on the west coast - does that mean that I have to get up at 4am to TRY to get my reservations? Will everything be gone before 9am PST (after my kids are all fed and out the door)?

Am I missing something? Disney hasn't released park hours, which makes it a little hard to choose which park to visit each day, but I'm supposed to plan out all of my meals and make reservations next week?

Also, I'm on the west coast - does that mean that I have to get up at 4am to TRY to get my reservations? Will everything be gone before 9am PST (after my kids are all fed and out the door)?
Nope, you are not missing anything, they have not released park hours. It appears that they are releasing park hours day by day, exactly 180 days out. Best you can do at this point I think is to rely on the park hours published by Kenny the Pirate http://www.kennythepirate.com/2014/05/04/kennythepirates-august-walt-disney-world-crowd-calendar/ Of course, there is no guarantee that these are going to be accurate, but then again, even when Disney published them this far out, the often were not accurate. There is at least a decent bet that the EMM, EMH, and special events he has listed will happen when he says. I figure as long as you know when EMH, and parties are, you are in pretty good shape to plan your park days and ADR's.

I'm also on the west coast and there is no restaurant in the World that would get me up at 4am to try and book! (Especially since BOG dinner might not happen this trip)

I'm basing my decisions on the Kenny the Pirate link above and hoping that things don't go sideways when the actual park hours are released.

Joining in for a Poly/GF split stay August 17-25! So I was just poking around on MDE and noticed that it looks like park hours are listed through August 18th if you go to My Itinerary - Add Plans - Add Parks and Places.

Hi all,
Coral Reef
‘Ohana
Sci Fi
T Rex
Tusker House
Sanaa
Skipper Canteen
SAN Angel Inn
Spice Road Table
STK
Yak and Yeti

You got some great ADRs! Should be great!

You do realize, though, that there's no advantage to PPO Crystal Palace anymore, right?

Liberty Tree Tavern lunch-first time trying it! Really excited to finally book it.
Trails End dinner
We did LTT for lunch for the first time last year and loved it! It was just DH and I that trip so we're finally taking the boys in August :) Hope you enjoy!

I had heard in a couple of places that recently BOG was not booking after July 1st. I'm assuming since you booked breakfast this is no longer the case? We would really like to try for a PPO there for our August trip.

Be our guest is booking for breakfast and lunch and not dinner.
FYI for everyone wondering, as of today they opened up July BOG dinner reservations. About 2 hours ago I got one for 7/21 for a client and there were TONS of times available which was weird! When I made their reservations at 180 days nothing was showing after the 18th or 19th. August still wasn't open a couple hours ago but it's Disney, so by now it could be lol!

So on Tuesday the owner of the company I work for retired after selling the company. He and his wife (co-founder of the company) came in and handed out our bonuses early (usually they hand them out Valentine's Day.) They also gave everyone an extra check--sharing some of their profits after the sale.
The 2 checks combined will pay for most of our trip. So awesome!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter