~*~*~*~*The Official DECEMBER 2015 Thread*~*~*~*~

Finally at our 10 day mark! I'm really starting to watch the weather and decide about packing... I don't want to take too many layers with me (need room for rice crispie treats on the way home!) but also don't want to be chilly in the morning and at night ... decisions, decisions!!

In other news, I got my new Disney Vans this past weekend and DD5's come in the mail today! Woohoo! We'll be stylish! :-) I can't wait to take in the holiday decorations and festivities as well as the new Star Wars stuff - I'm going to do my best to ignore the crowds - we are RD people and middday breakers... so as long as there are no Phase 4 closures we should be OK (staying on property, with dinner ADR's and AP's) - SO EXCITED!

Anyone else at Poly over the week between Xmas and NYE?

We're leaving in two days! I have not started to pack! I'm going into panic mode now. :eek:
At least I did mountains of loads of laundry yesterday. So hopefully, the packing will be fairly smooth.

Finally at our 10 day mark! I'm really starting to watch the weather and decide about packing... I don't want to take too many layers with me (need room for rice crispie treats on the way home!) but also don't want to be chilly in the morning and at night ... decisions, decisions!!

In other news, I got my new Disney Vans this past weekend and DD5's come in the mail today! Woohoo! We'll be stylish! :-) I can't wait to take in the holiday decorations and festivities as well as the new Star Wars stuff - I'm going to do my best to ignore the crowds - we are RD people and middday breakers... so as long as there are no Phase 4 closures we should be OK (staying on property, with dinner ADR's and AP's) - SO EXCITED!

I'm doing the same thing with watching the weather! It's so hard to tell without trying to overpack!

FYI - my Disney Vans gave me heel blisters my first day in the parks :( Hope you have better luck!! (They still looked awesome, though, and I got tons of compliments!!!)

FYI - my Disney Vans gave me heel blisters my first day in the parks :( Hope you have better luck!! (They still looked awesome, though, and I got tons of compliments!!!)
Thankfully I've been breaking them in - I'm a teacher and on my feet all day and I've been trying them out at work! My princess ones didn't bother my feet so I'm hoping that these don't too! I have back up shoes just in case! :-)

I had bought the Beauty and the Beast shoes from Hot Topic earlier in the year and they killed my feet! With both pain and blisters! I had to add insoles the next time I used them.

. I am! Can't wait. We love the Poly and have never been for Christmas, so it will feel familiar and yet new at the same time! I am a teacher, too... Each of these last pre-break day feels like 2. I have been reworking my touring plans last minute.... The descriptions of transportation nightmares getting to HS to see lights led me to switch our night we will see the lights to a night we can walk from YC in the 1st part of our split stay. Luck was on my side, as it meant canceling our Xmas Eve. Dinner reservation, and after refreshing the dining page about 5 times, a Park Fare dinner at a perfect time popped up! Looking forward to keeping Xmas Eve. A little simpler, and not fighting the masses as we try to get "home" for Santa.

Last edited:
I broke down and bought the non-passholder Osborne lights ornament on Ebay. After looking high and low in the park Friday night to find nothing.
They aren't making the bulb shaped one anymore, but I have read reports that they are keeping the new, circle one pretty well stocked.

Finally revealed our trip (leaving in 2 days) to my youngest two. We had a scavenger hunt led by my 10 year old. Kids thought it was just a little game and were stunned when it led to a trip reveal. My three year old said, "I can't believe it!" (Very grown up of her) and then said she would like to give a hug to a princess in a fire station. My 8 year old literally writhed on the floor , and then seesawed all night from excitement, to shock, to "overwhelmed". He said thank you a million times and wanted to know where we were eating! Thank you all for keeping the December trip dreams alive, as it has been soooo hard not to talk about it with my family.

My daughter & I just arrived today. It was a little rainy early this morning, but then cleared right up. Magic Kingdom had the lowest crowd I've seen in a long time before the party started. We ate lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern, watched the parade, went to the Tiki Room and Peter Pan(30 minutes in and out) then left MK at 4:00. And then we went to check in at Pop Century, and headed over to Studios. We rode Tower of Terror, Star Tours (loved the new sequence!), saw Osborne Lights and then Fantasmic. We were freezing during Fantasmic and decided to go back to Pop. We did see some of the Star Wars fireworks from the pool area at Pop. It was a great first day!
Tomorrow morning we are going to try the new breakfast at Sci-Fi and hopefully meet Chewy & Darth Vader before we hop over to Epcot for lunch at Beirgarten and the 5:00 Candlelight Processional.

Booked a very last minute trip at All Star Movies 12/27-12/29. Only hitting DHS and the weather is stressing me out. So much rain! I also bought the Osborne Lights drum ornament on Ebay. Didn't want to chance not finding one! Paid $24 w/ free shipping

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter