• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

The Official Fall/Fall Advantage 2010 Thread!

I'll obviously have to stay in wellness, preferably at Chatham. It's never too early to start looking for roomates! :)

It was really hard seeing all the purple posters this year and not being able to sign up. :(

i know what you mean. it really is hard hearing about and seeing all those people with those purple folders and dreamingly thinking you could be one of those people right now.
as for the roommie situation: for me i'm going to wait untill i'm accepted into the program before i start looking for a roommate. i don't get too excited about finding a roommate before hand to learn that i'm not accepted. well that's just my opinion.

Yeah, I'm giving this a bump.

My name is Jenny/Jenn/Jennifer, and I will most likely be doing FA 2010. I wish I could to Spring, but unfortunately I do not turn 18 until March. By FA I will have 3 semester done with, so that's not an obstacle.

My top three role choices would be; attractions, hospitality, and merchandise. I'll obviously have to stay in wellness, preferably at Chatham. It's never too early to start looking for roomates! :)

It was really hard seeing all the purple posters this year and not being able to sign up. :(

Tell me about it...
I've been waiting for almost 3 years on these forums!

i know what you mean. it really is hard hearing about and seeing all those people with those purple folders and dreamingly thinking you could be one of those people right now.
as for the roommie situation: for me i'm going to wait untill i'm accepted into the program before i start looking for a roommate. i don't get too excited about finding a roommate before hand to learn that i'm not accepted. well that's just my opinion.
I get what you mean. I just am being really hopeful since I know most people are accepted. :)

I've been reviewing the roles, and now I think I'm going to add vacation planner and main entrance ops to my list of preferable roles. They actually seem okay, and I'm pretty much an expert on WDW tickets.

hello my name is charissa, ill be 20 yrs of age by the time spring 10 comes around...i was recently rejected for fall 09 and yes it was very sad... the recruiter told me they had an overwhelming response to the applications, and my qualifications made it a challenging decision blah blah blah i really wish they wouldnt have waited 5 weeks to reject me! anyway im planning on applying for spring '10 or possibly spring advantage... i really hope i get in!!

Hey everyone! My name is Marina and I live in Austin, Texas. I'm currently 20, but will be 21 this December, which is weird and exciting to think about. haha. I haven't decided on wellness or non-wellness. I'm also trying to figure out if I want to do fall or FA. Five months seems too short while seven months seems like an eternity away from home! haha. I guess I have a while to make up my mind.

I applied for Fall 09 but was rejected, mostly likely because I only had 3 roles, so this time around I'm making sure to have enough. I auditioned in Rochester, NY in March but I didn't pass the audition so I'll be trying again next year, most likely in the same city (or Boston which seems to be Rochester's stand-in). I had tons of fun up there, its beautiful AND its the first audition so you find out first whether or not you passed, which means getting that all too important letter that much sooner.

Here are the roles I'll be applying for in order:
1) Character Performer
2) Character Attendant
3) Photopass Photographer
4) Attractions
5) Hospitality (insert Conceirge here as well if its available)
6) Transportation
7) BBB Hostess
8) Costuming

I want each one for entirely different reasons so I'll be very happy with any of them! I'm also considering adding housekeeping, custodial, and FSFB but hopefully I won't need to. I think 8 is pretty strong, dont you think?:cutie::cutie:

Glad there's a bunch of us obsessing this early!!

I'm a mom with a question on behalf of my son. What is the difference between the Fall Advantage program and the College Program, if any?

TIA!

Fall Advantage is the College Program.

The College Program is the name given to the overall program. In this program there are "seasons" you can work, since the program is the duration of a semester. There is:

"Spring" (Jan-May) which is the spring semester.
"Spring Advantage" (Jan-Aug) which is the the spring semester plus the summer
"Fall" (Aug-Jan) which is the fall semester.
"Fall Advantage" (May-Jan) which is the summer and the fall semester.

There are no 'just summer' programs unless you've done the semester program in the past and you're coming back as an alumni.

Since each program occurs during a school semester, you have to take off a semester from your current institution. There are classes at Disney that are ACE recommended for credit but its up to your specific college whether to grant credit for those classes or charge you tuition.

http://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com

Click on students and you'll find all the information you need there.

Applications to participate in the Spring/Spring Advantage programs are available in September of this year, which if accepted, your son will attend the program Jan-May (or Aug if Advantage) of 2010. Applications for Fall/Fall Advantage are available in Jan or Feb of 2010, which means if accepted, he'd attend (May if Advantage) Aug-Dec of 2010.

Let us know if you have more questions! I think we've all been lurking here for quite some time so we know a lot about the program!

Hey everyone! My name is Marina and I live in Austin, Texas. I'm currently 20, but will be 21 this December, which is weird and exciting to think about. haha. I haven't decided on wellness or non-wellness. I'm also trying to figure out if I want to do fall or FA. Five months seems too short while seven months seems like an eternity away from home! haha. I guess I have a while to make up my mind.

I applied for Fall 09 but was rejected, mostly likely because I only had 3 roles, so this time around I'm making sure to have enough. I auditioned in Rochester, NY in March but I didn't pass the audition so I'll be trying again next year, most likely in the same city (or Boston which seems to be Rochester's stand-in). I had tons of fun up there, its beautiful AND its the first audition so you find out first whether or not you passed, which means getting that all too important letter that much sooner.

Here are the roles I'll be applying for in order:
1) Character Performer
2) Character Attendant
3) Photopass Photographer
4) Attractions
5) Hospitality (insert Conceirge here as well if its available)
6) Transportation
7) BBB Hostess
8) Costuming

I want each one for entirely different reasons so I'll be very happy with any of them! I'm also considering adding housekeeping, custodial, and FSFB but hopefully I won't need to. I think 8 is pretty strong, dont you think?:cutie::cutie:

Glad there's a bunch of us obsessing this early!!

sorry you didn't pass your audition/get into the program for the fall 09 semester. are you going to be reapplying for the fall or fall advantage? if so maybe i'll see you next year at the auditions in Rochester.

Hey guys!
I'm really new here but I'm 90% sure I will be applying to be there in 2010 for 12 months (hopefully May 2010 to May 2011).
My name is Jackie and I'm from Australia. I have a crazy accent, pet kangaroo and plan to apply to work in Hospitality.
I'm 20. If I come in May I will be 21 but if I come in January I will still be 20, which will be very odd for me since legal drinking age here is 18 so I've legally been able to drink for a few years now, but that doesn't fuss me too much.
Hope to get to know some of you all (y'all? Trying to start work on my American accent!!)

Hey guys!
I'm really new here but I'm 90% sure I will be applying to be there in 2010 for 12 months (hopefully May 2010 to May 2011).
My name is Jackie and I'm from Australia. I have a crazy accent, pet kangaroo and plan to apply to work in Hospitality.
I'm 20. If I come in May I will be 21 but if I come in January I will still be 20, which will be very odd for me since legal drinking age here is 18 so I've legally been able to drink for a few years now, but that doesn't fuss me too much.
Hope to get to know some of you all (y'all? Trying to start work on my American accent!!)
Hello! :)

So I assume you're planning on doing the Australia Seasonal Work Experience for a year? That's awesome, good luck!

-------------------

If anyone cares, I have finally decided on a list. In order...

1. Hospitality/Concierge
2. Attractions
3. Recreation
4. Vacation Planner
5. Main Entrance Ops
6. Transportation
7. Character Attendant
8. Merchandise (I have experience here, but would like to do something different for CP)
9. Photopass Photographer
10. Costuming

*whew* I think I will have plenty of roles to check. ;)

Hey
My name is Laura and a buisness student at Northwood University in Midland, MI. I am so exited to apply for the cp fall/2010...crazy to think I will b a junior by then! Wanted to do it fall 2009 but my school is in the process of switching from tris to semesters and it would have put me crazy behind :( Anyways I have a few questions...

1. How hard is it to get into the program?
2. Is it harder to get into fall advantage compared to just fall?

Anyways...i have wanted to aply for four years and can't believe it's almost my time...I really hope this dream comes true!

Hey
My name is Laura and a buisness student at Northwood University in Midland, MI. I am so exited to apply for the cp fall/2010...crazy to think I will b a junior by then! Wanted to do it fall 2009 but my school is in the process of switching from tris to semesters and it would have put me crazy behind :( Anyways I have a few questions...

1. How hard is it to get into the program?
2. Is it harder to get into fall advantage compared to just fall?

Anyways...i have wanted to aply for four years and can't believe it's almost my time...I really hope this dream comes true!

1. It usually isn't too hard to get accepted, as long as you meet the requirements (18+, have completed 1+ semesters in school, are in good standing at your school, ect). Also, it helps to pick as many roles as possible (as the CP is becoming a lot more popular).

2. No. It usually is fine to get into either.

sorry you didn't pass your audition/get into the program for the fall 09 semester. are you going to be reapplying for the fall or fall advantage? if so maybe i'll see you next year at the auditions in Rochester.

Yes, I'll definitely be reapplying. I'm auditioning here in Austin for the spring semester but I won't put any back up roles because I dont want to go in the spring in particular, but I dont want to pass an opportunity to be a character. Most likely, another 6 months won't help me enough as far as dance and improv experience so I'm thinking it'll be fall 2010, which I'll go with another role if i dont pass the audition then.

I'd love to meet up there! Maybe we can take the train together or something! I'll be going to NYC for a few days before so maybe we'll have a similar stop or something. I went with a friend in March but i'll be by myself next year so it'd be nice to have someone to hang out with!

Yes, I'll definitely be reapplying. I'm auditioning here in Austin for the spring semester but I won't put any back up roles because I dont want to go in the spring in particular, but I dont want to pass an opportunity to be a character. Most likely, another 6 months won't help me enough as far as dance and improv experience so I'm thinking it'll be fall 2010, which I'll go with another role if i dont pass the audition then.

I'd love to meet up there! Maybe we can take the train together or something! I'll be going to NYC for a few days before so maybe we'll have a similar stop or something. I went with a friend in March but i'll be by myself next year so it'd be nice to have someone to hang out with!

i live in jersey but the audition at the nyc location is still about 5 (i think) from where i live. depending on what time the audition is i may spend the night. it would be nice to hang out with someone who's going.

Hey! I'm Julianne, and I'm going to be a sophomore a this fall. I applied Fall '09 and was accepted as QSFB, but a last minute job opening up here made me have to decline the offer. :headache: And I can't apply Spring '10 because of my major requirements, so Fall '10 it is! :goodvibes

My top choices of roles are Attractions, followed by Merchandise and Character Attendant. :thumbsup2

Hi everyone! I'm Abby, I'm 18, and I just graduated high school. I definitely want to do the CP at some point during my college career, but I think I'm going to wait and apply for Fall Quarter/Fall Advantage 2010. I want to get settled and make sure it fits into my academic plan and all that jazz. :thumbsup2 (Even though I'm a double major in Art/Art History and English/Creative writing. )

Since I want to be a Character Performer, that also gives me the option to take some dance classes ahead of time and reaudition if it doesn't work out. But I also want to do it with my friend Patrick, so I guess right now I'm kind of just rolling with it.

The roles I'm interested in are:
- Character Performer. I would LOVE to do face, and I think I could do Ariel or Belle (or both!)
- Concierge. I'm not really interested in hospitality per se but I know I would be good at this and enjoy it.
- Photopass.
- Attractions.
- FSFB.

Well... now that you've read that novel... :surfweb:

Hi everyone! I'm Abby, I'm 18, and I just graduated high school. I definitely want to do the CP at some point during my college career, but I think I'm going to wait and apply for Fall Quarter/Fall Advantage 2010. I want to get settled and make sure it fits into my academic plan and all that jazz. :thumbsup2 (Even though I'm a double major in Art/Art History and English/Creative writing. )

Since I want to be a Character Performer, that also gives me the option to take some dance classes ahead of time and reaudition if it doesn't work out. But I also want to do it with my friend Patrick, so I guess right now I'm kind of just rolling with it.

The roles I'm interested in are:
- Character Performer. I would LOVE to do face, and I think I could do Ariel or Belle (or both!)
- Concierge. I'm not really interested in hospitality per se but I know I would be good at this and enjoy it.
- Photopass.
- Attractions.
- FSFB.

Well... now that you've read that novel... :surfweb:

Hello and Welcome to the Dis!

I'm 17 and also graduating this year... I'll be applying for the Fall 2010 program and can't wait! Stick around here - you'll learn so much about the program. It really will make time fly.... before you know it, you'll be applying!

:)

Hello and Welcome to the Dis!

I'm 17 and also graduating this year... I'll be applying for the Fall 2010 program and can't wait! Stick around here - you'll learn so much about the program. It really will make time fly.... before you know it, you'll be applying!

:)

Thanks! :goodvibes I'm actually quite the lurkster and have been for some time. :surfweb: <-- That's me lurking on the Dis.

Plus I have a friend who did the program as a CP and another friend who's doing it in Merchandise. I love the Dis, I feel like it has answers for everything... great for someone like me who likes to plan wayyy ahead. Now I've just got to wait until it's time to apply...

228 days left until we can apply! Don't worry it'll come by!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter