The *Official* February 2011 Thread - Happy Dance Time...The Park Hours Are Out!

DisneyLvr- I forgot you were going back like tomorrow! So jealous. We are renting points from an awesome DVC member for our Jan 2012 vacation and staying at a studio in Jambo! WAHOO. Just waiting on the contract to finalize and then I can truly celebrate..... I will soon be contacting you to tell me everything there is to know about AKL

GINA ... were you at MK on WEd FEB 16th .... because all the rides you mentioned were having troubles the day we were there AND I know the Monorail wasn't working when we arrived that morning. We were at the front of the line in Space Mtn AND Pirates when it broke down ... and we had FPs for Splash when it was down for at least 4 hours.

We didn't get as much done in MK because of the problems that day. Luckily we went back on Sat night, but still ......

DisneyLvr- I forgot you were going back like tomorrow! So jealous. We are renting points from an awesome DVC member for our Jan 2012 vacation and staying at a studio in Jambo! WAHOO. Just waiting on the contract to finalize and then I can truly celebrate..... I will soon be contacting you to tell me everything there is to know about AKL

Yeay! So glad everything is working out with renting points! Can't wait to share my experience with you and help with any questions about AKL!

We are going feb 27th to march 6th. I am concerned about the weather, the forecast shows rain :scared1:

Gina! So glad you had a great trip

Lamb - safe travels

Am I the only one crazy enough to be already planning my next trip?

No your not my friend, I have seen you already on a planning 2012 thread. Right there with you, we are going Sept 21 - Oct 3 and of course staying at Pop again.

Gina! So glad you had a great trip

Lamb - safe travels

Am I the only one crazy enough to be already planning my next trip?

Nope! Already planning!

Nothing's set in stone yet, but we're considering a return visit the last week in September 2012 -- I will turn 50 that week :scared1:

And my youngest son will turn 13 the day after I turn 50. I'll have another teenager! :scared1:

We are back too! Had a fantastic trip - & I agree with what Gina said earlier...didn't find a single rude CM, or bad experience at all, transportation was excellent - all my oldest had to do was sit down on the ground & the bus would suddenly appear!:rotfl:

Crowds did get busier as the week wore on and Sunday & Monday really were 10's - but still manageable I thought, if you knew what to do. I still think 85% of everyone that goes to WDW has no clue what they are doing.

Best part of the trip for us was our Four Parks - One Day tour....we each pick a ride at each park & ride it. It's always our last day, which meant President's day. We started off at rope drop at AK, ran for Everest fastpasses, rode Safari then Everest. We were out of AK by 11am. Headed to HS - FP TOT, Rode RNR & then as we were heading over to TSM, discovered it was down & just as we were about to leave it went back up...tons of people had gotten out of line & we just happened to be right by the stand by line, so we jumped in for only a 30 min wait. We were done w/ HS 1:30. Headed to Epcot, lunch in China (grabbed fp for TT on the way). We spent a lot of time at Epcot, rode Soarin & Test Track & toured the countries again, snacking our way thru. Then we left for MK about 8pm - Once at MK Wishes was just ending so we scooted off to Frontierland, rode SP & BTM & then SPace...it was close to 11pm ...had one last snack - a Dole Whip of course then headed back to POP.

Overall we had a fantastic trip. I just wish it was longer. We missed a lot of the things we love to do outside of the parks - mini golf, DTD, and DQ. We did do everything we wanted in the parks - managed to get 315 photopass pics too.

Can't wait to plan our next trip...although the girls say they'd like to try DL instead.......

less than 24 hours for us! :banana: Just as expected/feared, DS woke up with croup this morning (my kids get croup every time they get sick and always ends up with a trip to the ER for steroids). I was not even the least bit surprised because my kids RARELY get sick, but when they do it is unfailingly on vacation or a major holiday. So I went to the ped's this a.m. and got the steroids so at least I will have it on hand and not have to make a trip to the ER down there. The good thing is they are usually not too bad during the day, just maybe a slight fever, it's just the nights that are bad. *Sigh*

less than 24 hours for us! :banana: Just as expected/feared, DS woke up with croup this morning (my kids get croup every time they get sick and always ends up with a trip to the ER for steroids). I was not even the least bit surprised because my kids RARELY get sick, but when they do it is unfailingly on vacation or a major holiday. So I went to the ped's this a.m. and got the steroids so at least I will have it on hand and not have to make a trip to the ER down there. The good thing is they are usually not too bad during the day, just maybe a slight fever, it's just the nights that are bad. *Sigh*

We're off to the World tomorrow too... well we're visiting family until Sunday then off to the World. :thumbsup2

I hope your kiddos feel better soon! My MIL had a stomach bug all day Monday (after spending the day with us Sunday) so we're on illness watch too!

We left WDW yesterday and had a ball!!!:wizard:

The weather was reallu heating up ( getting a bit too warm for us TBH) and forecast was for in the mid 80's for this week - Rain was forecast for a lot of our time there before we went but only had it our 2nd day = the 10th Feb.

Done the photopass and got just under 200 pictures with all of them still to edit. Was delighted with the quality of most of them. We went to the Photopass studio on our last night at Downtown Disney and got some really nice family studio shots done and seperate ones of the kids too - so well worth it for those alone.

:dance3:

Off to cath up with all the washing now - two weeks worth! :laundy:

We got back on Feb 12 and I am in total withdrawal.
This was the fist time ever our flight was on time so that was a good omen of the 9 days to follow.
We woke the kids up at 3AM. They didn't realize the time but boy were they sleepy We told them we were having our own "snow day" and we could do whatever they wanted. There were cried for the movies and the mall and we told them to think bigger. DS8 looked confused and DD5 was still teary with sleep. They looked at us confused. Asked my son to read a letter saying Look Who's Going to Disney Wold. It had their names and Feb 2011 on it. DS read it to DD and said "Hey, we are going to Disney World. DH and I jumped in and said TODAY!!! The look on my DS face was priceless. Yup, we are leaving in half an hour!!! What a great day!
The trip was amazing with LOTS of pixie dust along the way. Can't wait to go back again!!!

That's so awesome that you were able to surprise your kids that way! They are lucky to have such awesome parents :)

I forgot to mention I had a Dole Whip while waiting to meet Ariel and it was sssoooooo delicious! I LovE pineapple!!! DH and DD weren't too crazy about it though (you definitely have to like pineapple quite a bit)

Greenfairy- that story made me cry! so precious.

Lynne- Yes! I had a dole whip float too- split it with my mom. I asked the cm what he recommended and he gave me the pineapple juice float with pineapple and vanilla twist ice cream- YUM!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter