**The Official January 2012 WDW Thread**

We were there for that too, and I agree it was amazing. I videotaped it because I knew it was the first time and wasn't sure if they would do it again. :)

I missed that by a day, but we took the KTTK tour on Sunday and the CM said that Disney is trying to do more "things" that aren't on any schedules so they can make more magic for the guests. :love::cloud9::lovestruc:goodvibes So one can hope! I know he called it something else but I forgot, of course. :rolleyes: There's a hoe-down going on (I don't know how often, could be daily right now) in Frontierland at the moment that isn't announced at all. It's audience participation too and a bunch of characters all line dancing. Looked like fun. :thumbsup2

I missed that by a day, but we took the KTTK tour on Sunday and the CM said that Disney is trying to do more "things" that aren't on any schedules so they can make more magic for the guests. :love::cloud9::lovestruc:goodvibes So one can hope! I know he called it something else but I forgot, of course. :rolleyes: There's a hoe-down going on (I don't know how often, could be daily right now) in Frontierland at the moment that isn't announced at all. It's audience participation too and a bunch of characters all line dancing. Looked like fun. :thumbsup2

Oh that does sound like fun! Don't know if I would participate but would think it would be fun to watch! How did you like the KTTK tour? I went on that in Sept 2010 and enjoyed it. Wish I remember all the information we were told!!! Should have taken notes.

Leaving tomorrow evening! I can hardly wait! Our babysitter is getting all packed up and will be here in the am sometime (she has a 3hr drive) then we are off for 8 days of MICKEY!!

I can vouch for you. We were there Jan 7-14 and the BTGs were horrendous, they even followed us to Sea World one day, that was a nightmare, worse than Disney. My problem were the masses of them just standing around in large groups not letting anyone pass.

We had the same experience Jan 14-21 with the BTGs. When we went to see the Shamu show 30+ minutes early, the theater was completely full with BTGs. The only seats left were in the soak zone. One night at MK they all gathered at the end of Main Street and caused a gridlock.

I can vouch for you. We were there Jan 7-14 and the BTGs were horrendous, they even followed us to Sea World one day, that was a nightmare, worse than Disney. My problem were the masses of them just standing around in large groups not letting anyone pass.

Most ride lines and waits weren't bad. Some DH rode single rider because I either woulldn't ride, or couldn't ride because of my foot, he wouldn't let me ride RnRC, he was worried about me stepping down in the ride vehicle with my foot in that boot. I think he was in and out in maybe 30 minutes or less, I don't know what the time was listed as. One time he headed to ToT and the sign said 40 minutes, but he was in and out in less than 20. We rode TT o and when we went in the sign said 10 minutes, we came out maybe 15 minutes later and it said 65 minutes

Yanno, that must have been it. I've never been there in Jan and never seen these tour groups before. But it sure explains why I heard a LOT of Portuguese and saw LOTS of those flags. I just wasn't able to see too much of what or who was in line in front of me and it didn't occur to me to look. Makes sense though. I was always curious about January....back to fall for me! ;)

Oh that does sound like fun! Don't know if I would participate but would think it would be fun to watch! How did you like the KTTK tour? I went on that in Sept 2010 and enjoyed it. Wish I remember all the information we were told!!! Should have taken notes.
I wouldn't particiupate either. :upsidedow I'm a weenie, but it was fun to watch as we walked by. LOVED the tour. :lovestruc Can't wait to try it again when we can either get away from the kids again or they get old enough to not need us. It was WONDERFUL! It was also our tour guide's very first tour so we saw him get his "stick" at the end. He did SO well, none of us had a clue! YAY Steve!

Yanno, that must have been it. I've never been there in Jan and never seen these tour groups before. But it sure explains why I heard a LOT of Portuguese and saw LOTS of those flags. I just wasn't able to see too much of what or who was in line in front of me and it didn't occur to me to look. Makes sense though. I was always curious about January....back to fall for me! ;)

Yeah, I knew exactly who they were as soon as I saw the flags. I have seen them before, but not to this extent. I have been the week up to Christmas including Christmas Day and it wasn't as crowded. I don't know if they speak any English or, but they sure didn't move when you say excuse me. But, you know, I never saw them at the resorts or in any restaurants, come to think of it that was kind of weird. I would love to go back to our Dec trips, but with DH's vacation we may not be able to.

You know, the marathon crowds weren't even as bad as the BTGs.

I hope the tour groups have all left by the time we get there tomorrow! :angel: we always in Jan and hate to see those flag bearers when we get to a park because those groups just take over. If it weren't for them, the parks can be very quiet this time of year.

leaving for the airport in 12 hours!! So excited a 1am flight and we land in MCO at 730am. Just in time to get our park passes and head to DHS!

Have a good time everyone!

The only crowd and BTG issues we had was at AK. Other than that we had no issues at all. They didn't get in our way much and we didn't have any wait time issues. Sounds like we got lucky :)

We are getting excited to have a break from snow and cold! We arrive in Orlando around noon Monday. Renting a car, going to Downtown Disney, then pick up a few things at Walmart, and off to Bahama Bay Resort (our favorite!). Magic Kingdom on Tuesday.

We just got home this evening from our trip. Boourns. So we are doing the only thing that helps stave off the Disney Blues... planning another trip lol. we are already going in December with his parents (we do this every year) but we are thinking of making a trip at the end of august lol. I know that sounds insane because it's going to be SO hot but... we just can't wait until December and since we have AP's we might as well get our use out of them haha.

I also plan on writing a trip report. I've never written one before so it might be all over the place LOL but we just had such an amazing trip with so many magical moments that I have to share lol

We had a wonderful 6 nights and 7 days there. Perfect weather, low crowds, great experiences and accommodations.

My Mom said to thank the Disboards for all of the great planning help because she and my Dad really enjoyed all of the new things we saw and did by staying on site for the first time. It really helped that we got some Pixie Dust with an upgrade to a Courtyard View room at WL right away.

My son loved the whole week, especially the pool at WL. My husband and I enjoyed a few date nights, with the last night drinking around the world in Epcot during EMH (and then going on Test Track and Mission Space and surviving!)

I met Marshay at the Dance party at DHS on Monday evening, which my son loved! I think I saw Sparks (the poster above me) and her daughter, but couldn't remember her name to say hello since I had only seen her posts and had not communicated with her before our trip.

I plan to start a Trip Report later this week after I go through all of my notes and pictures.

This has been our experience too :)

At the Disney Junior Dance Party, after the first hour the place cleared out and there were probably less than a dozen kids there. DD got all kinds of one on one dancing time with all the characters. It was awesome.

The crowds are the lowest I have ever experienced. This morning when we got to HOllywood studios we were just walking around seeing what we could see after getting fast passes for TSMM (awesome BTW) and some areas it looked like what I imagine it would look like after the zombie apocalypse. no one in sight lol and eerily quiet. Hubby was like "this is WEIRRRRRRRD" :lmao:

Marshay... I'm so glad we were able to meet tonight :) we didn't run into anyone else but I'm glad we found you. It was a pleasure to meet you and I saw your oldest DD and my DD chuming around a bit :) was very cute.

It was great to meet you too!

I agree the crowds were just not there for the most part. It was awesome. Definitely got busier on the weekends and in the afternoons but mornings and late evenings were weirdly empty, esp at AK and HS.

DUDE! you weren't were I was then! Jeeze! We saw a TON of the groups and most of our lines were 20 minutes MINIMUM. Our wait for RRC said it was 40 minutes at the entrance but we actually waited 75! Yuck! Buzz's ride was the same situation and we didn't even bother w/ Space Mtn, because the stand by que said 120 minutes! I have a few pix of the crowds. EPCOT was actually nice and quiet, but MGM (yes, I still call it that and always will. ;) ) and MK on both days we were there were BUSY and packed!!! I swear the crowds followed us! e used the TGM's recommendations but for 3 of the 4 days they were useless. The President's visit threw a wrench in though. We didn't arrive until Friday, the day after, but as I was expecting, people delayed their Thursday MK visit to Friday. Yikes!

Oh, I'm soooo sorry you had long lines.:mad: I did note that when people were listing their park days that mine did not not overlap a lot with others ... but I think I just got lucky! I never really chose the TP's "best Parks" but also avoided the "parks to avoid" unless we were doing the EMH.

Next year we are going MLK week Jan 2013 so I'm expecting to hit more crowds then.

We caught the Frontierland hoedown in May and on this trip as well. My DD absolutely loved it b/c she :love: Brer Rabbit. When she saw him, I made a special point to tell him that he is one of my DD's favorites and from then on, Brer Rabbit kept picking my DD to dance with him!

She was soooo excited!!:banana:

We had a wonderful 6 nights and 7 days there. Perfect weather, low crowds, great experiences and accommodations.

My Mom said to thank the Disboards for all of the great planning help because she and my Dad really enjoyed all of the new things we saw and did by staying on site for the first time. It really helped that we got some Pixie Dust with an upgrade to a Courtyard View room at WL right away.

My son loved the whole week, especially the pool at WL. My husband and I enjoyed a few date nights, with the last night drinking around the world in Epcot during EMH (and then going on Test Track and Mission Space and surviving!)

I met Marshay at the Dance party at DHS on Monday evening, which my son loved! I think I saw Sparks (the poster above me) and her daughter, but couldn't remember her name to say hello since I had only seen her posts and had not communicated with her before our trip.

I plan to start a Trip Report later this week after I go through all of my notes and pictures.

Wonderful meeting you too!!

My DH and I still can't get over what perfect weather we had all week -- even up to 85 degrees!! I definitely packed wrong (too much winter stuff) and we kept wearing the same 2 shorts and t-shirts every other day! Then we broke down and bought new Disney T-shirts:banana:

I hope everyone that has gone and come back had a wonderful time at Disney. We just got home on Saturday and had an awesome time. I couldn't ask for better weather, especially in January. It was really nice having 80 degree weather and knowing it is snowing and cold back at home :goodvibes.

Marshay...I am really sorry we missed you guys when we went to our tea. I tried to make enough time to get there just so we can all meet, however, the Disney bus transportation had another plan for us :sad2:. We were 20 minutes late in getting to our ADR and when we went up to the podium, they said they had already gotten rid of our seat, but luckily someone else hadn't shown up so we were able to take their seat. I am so glad because my girls would of been really bummed if we didn't (it was one of their surprises during the trip).

I hope everyone that has gone and come back had a wonderful time at Disney. We just got home on Saturday and had an awesome time. I couldn't ask for better weather, especially in January. It was really nice having 80 degree weather and knowing it is snowing and cold back at home :goodvibes.

Marshay...I am really sorry we missed you guys when we went to our tea. I tried to make enough time to get there just so we can all meet, however, the Disney bus transportation had another plan for us :sad2:. We were 20 minutes late in getting to our ADR and when we went up to the podium, they said they had already gotten rid of our seat, but luckily someone else hadn't shown up so we were able to take their seat. I am so glad because my girls would of been really bummed if we didn't (it was one of their surprises during the trip).

When/if you see that the bus is going to be late, just call the dining line and they will call the restaurant and tell them you are going to be late due to the bus and they are suposed to take you becauee it wasn't your fault you were late. Or, at least, that's what they told us. We stayed at AKL one time and we were almost late for several reservations because the buses showed up when they wanted to. We would be out waiting for them to come over an hour before they would show up in the morning.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Dh and I went to Hilton Head Island, SC and stayed at Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort. Let me just say, it is incredible, and small and very quaint and it was quite peaceful. We didn't get to see the Beachhouse because it was closed for refurb.

We got home last night. Tired but we had a great trip with our grandaughters!

We surprised them after school and went to the airport. It was their 1st trip and they had so much fun. we did a lot....9 character meals in 6 days but it worked out great because getting autographs was the highlight of their trip.

We did all 4 parks and only Animal Kingdom felt crowded with longer waits for the characters but we didn't get in the park until 11am. We saw some of the tour groups but no problems at the other 3 parks. The wait times were very reasonable from what I have read: Rapunzel 35 minutes, toy story 30 minutes and got fast passes to ride it a 2nd time. We got fast passes for the other rides we wanted to do.

Weather was gorgeous, we wore shorts all week with a light jacket for evenings. Already thinking about another trip next year :)

Glad everyone else had great trips as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter