~~**The Official January 2014 Group**~~

We are from Winnipeg and this is also going to be a surprise trip! A Christmas present if we fly from Grand Forks or a Day Of surprise if we fly out of Winnipeg. Maybe we'll end up being on the same flight!

We are renting a car since we'll be there for 2 weeks and we have some off site trips planned while staying at disney (Discovery Cove, Sea World, Shopping).

I really want to stay on site this time so my kids get the real experience of Disney, but we'll see what we end up doing.

lol That's awesome!!! I want to rent a car next time I think. The buses made me feel pretty sick to my stomach.

Sea World would be fun. Did you look into Legoland? Universal?

Maybe do a split stay. A few days at a WDW resort and then the rest in a rental home. :goodvibes

Can't decide if I want this trip to be a surprise. I know I will at least wait till late next year before I tell my kids otherwise they will just drive us nuts. (Are we going to Disney tomorrow???) However I don't know if I would be able to keep it a surprise when we get closer cause I will be doing the happy dance around the house all the time. :dance3: I'll plan for it and see how long I can make it. :rolleyes1

Can't decide if I want this trip to be a surprise. I know I will at least wait till late next year before I tell my kids otherwise they will just drive us nuts. (Are we going to Disney tomorrow???) However I don't know if I would be able to keep it a surprise when we get closer cause I will be doing the happy dance around the house all the time. :dance3: I'll plan for it and see how long I can make it. :rolleyes1

Go to YouTube.com and watch some Disney trip "surprise" videos. Just think about how cool it would be to surprise them!!! That's how I'm gonna get myself through it. My daughter loves watching them and actually said "I wish our trip had been a surprise" (she's 6!). This is why I need you guys here! I need to talk about the trip! I also have a great group of friends on FB that are all Disney fans (met on the DIS!) so I can talk all about the trip there.

I'm not saying it's gonna be easy though! lol :goodvibes

I know, I watch the beginning of the planning video when they show all the parents surprising their kids and it always makes me tear up seeing those happy, excited little faces. :) The tough thing is that it is not just me and my DH to keep the surprise. My 2 nieces are going (14 and 8) and they both already know cause this trip was planned because my niece wanted so badly to celebrate her 16th birthday at Disney. So they know, my mom and dad are both going and my mom loves to talk about it. My brother is going to but he lives in FL so the kids don't see him as much. I can tell everyone not to talk about the trip in front of my kids but we have just over 14 months of time here. :offtopic:

At least my kids are 7 and 5 and maybe I can make them think we are going later if anyone talks about it. I am thinking mostly it will be my 8 year old niece that will be the toughest, the closer we get the more excited she will get and she is going to want to talk to my DD all about it.

Just have to see what I can do. ;)

I know, I watch the beginning of the planning video when they show all the parents surprising their kids and it always makes me tear up seeing those happy, excited little faces. :) The tough thing is that it is not just me and my DH to keep the surprise. My 2 nieces are going (14 and 8) and they both already know cause this trip was planned because my niece wanted so badly to celebrate her 16th birthday at Disney. So they know, my mom and dad are both going and my mom loves to talk about it. My brother is going to but he lives in FL so the kids don't see him as much. I can tell everyone not to talk about the trip in front of my kids but we have just over 14 months of time here. :offtopic:

At least my kids are 7 and 5 and maybe I can make them think we are going later if anyone talks about it. I am thinking mostly it will be my 8 year old niece that will be the toughest, the closer we get the more excited she will get and she is going to want to talk to my DD all about it.

Yeah I can see how it would be a lot harder and then you'd really have to lie to them. lol Maybe you don't want to do that so much. I guess just see how long you can keep it a secret. Maybe get your 8 year old niece involved in revealing the secret to the kids? :yay:

I congratulate all of you who surprise your kids. I just don't have the willpower to not talk about it. Especially as it would get closer. My husband would kill me because I would have to talk his ear off about it. Jenn, I can tell the kids not to say anything to your kids. Haleigh won't be a problem but Chloe could be difficult. If I don't say anything and it doesn't come up she won't even think about it but if I come right out and say "don't tell them" that would be all she would think about. Like you said, right now it's so far away it wouldn't be an issue but next year.....the excitement would be there.

We love January!!

Plans are for January 18 (my birthday)-Jan. 31...........not sure where yet. Hoping to do a split stay between BLT and AKL.

I congratulate all of you who surprise your kids. I just don't have the willpower to not talk about it. Especially as it would get closer.

Trust me I KNOW it's going to be hard! :rotfl2: And my boss has forbid me from talking about it at work. My oldest son told me he'd rather know about the trip than have it be a surprise...but I don't know if he can keep a secret. lol I guess we'll see. By Jan 2014 he will be 16 already!

We love January!!

Plans are for January 18 (my birthday)-Jan. 31...........not sure where yet. Hoping to do a split stay between BLT and AKL.

Yay! I'm REALLY looking forward to going in January! Welcome to the group! :cool1:

That's why you have to love the disboards. You can talk to all the other people who feel just like you do, and have the same level of excitement even 14 months out that you do. :dance3:

Going to keep it a secret as long as possible. Sandi, I would never want to tell Chloe she can't talk to Aurora about the upcoming trip. She is going to be so excited and they are going to want to make their plans. :rolleyes: Maybe we can make some plan and tell them we are going when you come visit for Jack's birthday next year. Have to see how it goes. :confused3

For now though I will continue to troll through the disboards and feed my dinsey need. :goodvibes

Count me in!!! We will be going this January for the half marathon and have already planned on going again in 2014!! We will be getting annual passes in 2014 due to the amount of disney races we will be doing! Im not sure which resort yet but we usually stay at POR Riverside. I excited to get to know a group of people that love disney as much as I do!!!:)

Count me in!!! We will be going this January for the half marathon and have already planned on going again in 2014!! We will be getting annual passes in 2014 due to the amount of disney races we will be doing! Im not sure which resort yet but we usually stay at POR Riverside. I excited to get to know a group of people that love disney as much as I do!!!:)

Considering this group is planning over 400 days in advance I think you definitely found the right group! :goodvibes Welcome!! :)

That's very exciting. It looks "fun" to do the marathon. I put it in brackets cause I don't think I could do it and I know it's hard work. But a FUN type of hard work! I went to the Tower of Terror 10 Miler to watch 2 of my DIS friends run. It was such amazing energy everywhere I went. People screaming and cheering. So cool! Made me wish I could run. :rotfl2: But I can't. lol

We just stayed at POR!!! It was soooo beautiful! I'm trying to work on my TR (in my signature) but I didn't keep much of a journal (dumb me) so it's hard and I'm finding the 12 days are all running into eachother. I'll get on it more. But POR was amazing and I'd definitely stay there again! :)

Hey everybody, I just wanted to say hello, I am getting married on Jan. 4th and we are planning on taking our honeymoon to WDW. I am super excited I did the college program back in 09 and I have been dying to go back. My fiancee has never been!! But I just thought I would say hello as I will probably be creeping on this thread now.

Thanks!

Hey everybody, I just wanted to say hello, I am getting married on Jan. 4th and we are planning on taking our honeymoon to WDW. I am super excited I did the college program back in 09 and I have been dying to go back. My fiancee has never been!! But I just thought I would say hello as I will probably be creeping on this thread now.

Thanks!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!!! Bet it will be so much fun to go on your honeymoon to Disney. I love when you can go with someone that has never been, even better that it will be your new hubby!! :cheer2:

Count me in!! I was so excited to find this thread! My DH and I are planning our very first trip EVER for both of us and our DD in January 2014, probably from 8th to the 14th. It's going to be a surprise birthday trip for DD who will be turning 6 on the 10th (CRT and bibbidi bobbidi boutique b-day night!) So this is great because we need somewhere to talk Disney without our daughter catching on! We are thinking AofA Little Mermaid room, with free dining (fingers crossed!) so so so happy to be in on this thread this early and not being the only nuts out there that like to plan this early! DH's on the Dis is CrazyforStitch, I'm sure you'll see him around here soon too ;)

Count me in!! I was so excited to find this thread! My DH and I are planning our very first trip EVER for both of us and our DD in January 2014, probably from 8th to the 14th. It's going to be a surprise birthday trip for DD who will be turning 6 on the 10th (CRT and bibbidi bobbidi boutique b-day night!) So this is great because we need somewhere to talk Disney without our daughter catching on! We are thinking AofA Little Mermaid room, with free dining (fingers crossed!) so so so happy to be in on this thread this early and not being the only nuts out there that like to plan this early! DH's on the Dis is CrazyforStitch, I'm sure you'll see him around here soon too ;)

Welcome!!!!! How exciting to be planning your first ever trip to WDW!! :banana: Love that you are going to be surprising your DD that will be so much fun!!!

My DH and I were going to try and surprise our kids but we are going with my nieces and one of them already spilled the beans, so now we are just hoping to surprise them on the day we leave and for now just pretending we don't know what they are talking about! :rolleyes1 Not a big deal!! For now I come here for my daily Disney fix while I count down the days till we get to go back. :love:

We've only been home about 2 weeks and my girls AND husband keep asking when we're going back, so here we go again!

We took our first trip to WDW earlier this month and it was a magical vacation. It was better than we ever imagined it could be!!! We're now hooked on Disney :rotfl:

As much as we loved Disney, we aren't ready to do 2 big Disney vacations back to back, so we already planned a trip to Beaches Jamaica next November (we will always take vacation in November because in NJ the schools are closed for 3 days the second week in November, so my girls only miss 2 days of school). We like the idea of sitting on the beach at an all-inclusive as a break in between the Disney madness:rotfl2:

So, since we can't wait 2 years to go back to the World, we decided to take a short (3 night, 4 day) trip in January 2014 over our middle daughter's brthday. Turning 5 in WDW -- what could be better?!?:cloud9:

Like everyone else, we're waiting for the rates to book a resort... we know we'll be skipping the dining plan this time (unless it's free!) and plan to stay at a monorail resort this time since we'll be in MK most of the trip. We loved AoA but we were over the transportation by the end of our trip.

Those of you wanting to do a surprise trip -- go for it! Ours 1st trip was a surprise, and while our middle daughter wasn't exactly sure what was going on at 3:45a when we woke her up, my oldest made it worth the wait!!!

Here's our video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc5JlEGQN20&sns=em

Can't wait to plan with everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter