~~**The Official January 2014 Group**~~

How are the crowds now? The biggest problem with going this time of year is the tour groups. :crowded:

We've seen lots and lots of foreign tourists but most of them seem to be traveling with family groups, not big tour groups. They aren't too bad.

We ate lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern today and they were giving out free cups of hot chocolate in their waiting area. It was really good.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Oh and I left out the VERY long wait in the Norway pavilion to meet the princesses from Frozen. I heard several families saying they waited FOUR HOURS!!! Good thing DH and I don't have kids. We would not be willing to wait that long.

At MK now. It looks crowded but wait times are good. 30 min. Space Mountain. 25 min. Buzz Lightyear. 10 for Stitch and Monsters.

Oh and I left out the VERY long wait in the Norway pavilion to meet the princesses from Frozen. I heard several families saying they waited FOUR HOURS!!! Good thing DH and I don't have kids. We would not be willing to wait that long.

Last week we headed over to Norway first thing after breakfast at the French bakery. We had a two hour wait. I was the envy of the line, with my mimosa. Lol. DH walked around a little and came back with a beer for himself. DD is 20, but we decided it was worth it. Lol. (She saw the movie 4 times!). We actually had fun chatting with the people in line & people watching. We were in WDW for ten days. If it were a short trip I probably wouldn't have taken the time. But, it really wad worth it - Elsa & Anna were very charming! :-)

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Clothes are in the dryer, and I'm half packed. And it's only 2 pm. I wish I'd gone today instead of waiting for tomorrow. *chuckling*

One.Day.More!!! :cheer2:

4-days to go here. Pleased to see that the weather forecast is looking a little warmer each day. Looks like maybe 60 degrees on arrival day, but improves from there. Was afraid we might be stuck with 60's the whole trip...but now looking more likely that we'll have at least a couple days in the 70's during our stay. :cool1:

I leave Sunday the 26th. early morning. I'll get there around noon. Not sure what i will do for half a day.

Here now!

We flew from Jakarta, Indonesia to Abu Dhabi (8 hours), Abu Dhabi to Chicago (15 friggin hours), and finally Chicago to Orlando. We arrived at Pop Century at 1am, went to bed at 3.

It's not my first time in WDW, but my first time at POP. Everything is good, fridge works fine, room wifi is great, and weather is nice for a tropical girl like me! Not too hot, not too cold (chicago was a different story). I regret leaving my bathing suits back home, i thought it would be too cold for me to swim.

Got all our documents and custom-ordered MagicBands at check in. Can't wait to use them at the parks!

Plane lands in Orlando in about 48 hours! Packing is in full swing today! Unfortunately Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning are looking icky weather wise...looking like some steady rains at some point. But weather is looking better for the latter 2/3 of our trip!

I just returned home from my trip last night. We had nice weather the whole trip. Mid 50's Friday I believe and low 70's Saturday and Sunday. It began to rain just as we headed to the airport yesterday. We stayed at the Wyndham next to DTD. The hotel was fine but the employees were mediocre at best. Disappointed with their lack of hospitality/toursim training. The staff at the Hilton right across the street (stayed there last January) is wayyy better. Much more professional. That reminds me, how do you all handle tipping bell services when you stay at any hotel? Do you tip both the person who takes your bags to store and the person who brings them out from storage? Or do you just tip one or the other? DH and I always just tip the person who retrieves our checked bags but were wondering if there is a general rule of etiquette? :confused3

I just returned home from my trip last night. We had nice weather the whole trip. Mid 50's Friday I believe and low 70's Saturday and Sunday. It began to rain just as we headed to the airport yesterday. We stayed at the Wyndham next to DTD. The hotel was fine but the employees were mediocre at best. Disappointed with their lack of hospitality/toursim training. The staff at the Hilton right across the street (stayed there last January) is wayyy better. Much more professional. That reminds me, how do you all handle tipping bell services when you stay at any hotel? Do you tip both the person who takes your bags to store and the person who brings them out from storage? Or do you just tip one or the other? DH and I always just tip the person who retrieves our checked bags but were wondering if there is a general rule of etiquette? :confused3

I too would just tip the one who retrieves the bags. Kind of like valet parking...I think few tip the person who parks the car...they just tip the one who bring their car out when leaving.

Leaving tonight for 4 days :) it's in the negatives in Ohio! Can't wait for some Florida sunshine even if it's 50s 60s.....that's 60-70 degrees warmer than here. We will take it!

Less than 2 hrs to go and we will be at AOA!!! The kids are still clueless. The birthday girl (Thursday) still thinks we are in our way to Pennsylvania to see Nana. ;)

Did anyone else get an email for an exclusive test lunch for BOG with reservation # and FP+? I'd like too but I have a few questions--does it get deducted from our MB? Is lunch a QS or Sit down and lastly...are there characters? I'm pretty sure I saw that lunch was no characters.

Less than 2 hrs to go and we will be at AOA!!! The kids are still clueless. The birthday girl (Thursday) still thinks we are in our way to Pennsylvania to see Nana. ;)

Did anyone else get an email for an exclusive test lunch for BOG with reservation # and FP+? I'd like too but I have a few questions--does it get deducted from our MB? Is lunch a QS or Sit down and lastly...are there characters? I'm pretty sure I saw that lunch was no characters.

BOG FP+ is separate from your other FPs, so you still get 3 FPs for attractions. Lunch is a QS and delicious! No characters. Still eat in the same dining room, and they serve you your food at the table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter