~~**The Official January 2014 Group**~~

55 is like summer hahahaha :lmao:

But I have no concept of what -13 degrees feels like. I cant imagine that. But where we live we just say "you dont have to shovel heat." and so I tip my hat to you that have to suffer through winter being that cold. Just think of me when my skin is melting off my face as I walk to my car in August and by 8am it is 91 outside. While people start their cars to heat them up, we start them up to cool them off so the seatbelt buckle does not give us a 2nd degree burn.

Well I had to go out and buy a jacket last night. I finally reasoned that a jean jacket will not cut it. All they had though were leather jackets that should have stayed in the 80s (can we say Thriller anyone?) or ski jackets. Guess which one I got? So another thing to pack. So if anyone see a crazy lady in a ski jacket next week when its 63. Then you know its me. LOL :joker:

55 is like summer hahahaha :lmao:

But I have no concept of what -13 degrees feels like. I cant imagine that. But where we live we just say "you dont have to shovel heat." and so I tip my hat to you that have to suffer through winter being that cold. Just think of me when my skin is melting off my face as I walk to my car in August and by 8am it is 91 outside. While people start their cars to heat them up, we start them up to cool them off so the seatbelt buckle does not give us a 2nd degree burn.

Well I had to go out and buy a jacket last night. I finally reasoned that a jean jacket will not cut it. All they had though were leather jackets that should have stayed in the 80s (can we say Thriller anyone?) or ski jackets. Guess which one I got? So another thing to pack. So if anyone see a crazy lady in a ski jacket next week when its 63. Then you know its me. LOL :joker:

:rotfl: That is so true about not having to shovel heat. I will remember that over the summer when I am complaining that it's in the high 90s or even over 100. LOL! Regarding the jacket, the 80's are back in style! Don't ask me why though!! I am sure you will not be the only one bundled up in a ski jacket. There are so many tourists from all over the world at Disney and many come from very hot climates so they will be freezing right along with you!

We are leaving Saturday too. I started packing yesterday & even though we are driving & have plenty of room, I know I have way too much packed! I have clothes for all seasons,lol. Along with the medicine cabinet.... I hate to be unprepared! I will try to reevaluate the next few days & hopefully leave some here so we don't have so much luggage to tote to the room!

I am a teacher and we were closed for -15 wind chill today- so I packed! We leave Tues night!! 60s sound great but I did struggle with fleece jackets for early and late and even a few shorts in case it's warmer. Not packing suits :( guess we have to wait until July trip for that.

We are packed and ready to head to the airport at 4am tomorrow morning. We packed mostly warm clothes because the nights and mornings are going to be so cold. Friday is only supposed to be a high of 54. That is cold in WDW because you are outside so much. But we are planning to have fun, anyway. :wizard:

It is 3 degrees outside right now and when we wake up it should be about -5. That is darn cold. :sad2: It'll be nice to get to somewhere warmer. :goodvibes

I found having a scarf last week was very helpful! The big seller one evening were the fleece blankets! Everyone (dd20 included!) was walking around wrapped in them. Lol. Was an amusing sight! "SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I know I have way too much packed! I have clothes for all seasons,lol. Along with the medicine cabinet.... I hate to be unprepared!

We did too!!! Everything is space bagged so we have more room. I feel like 1/2 a suitcase is filled w/ our entire bathroom. We UPS'd the stroller and put two extra bags in there just in case. Hoodies, jackets, scarves, beanie hats, gloves, blankets, OMG....I feel like I need a suitcase just walk around the parks with all this stuff (LOL I know lockers!).... :)

I don't care. We will be at WDW. I will take cold there any day over being cold pushing tax returns around.

Saturday here we come!

7 more sleeps until we're there and our son has pneumonia. They were talking about admitting him, but they let us take him home to see how he does. Now my DH thinks he may have it too!
I hope it clears up by the time we have to fly out! I guess we may end up using our travel insurance after all...

7 more sleeps until we're there and our son has pneumonia. They were talking about admitting him, but they let us take him home to see how he does. Now my DH thinks he may have it too! I hope it clears up by the time we have to fly out! I guess we may end up using our travel insurance after all...

Oh no!!! I sure hope it clears up. DS has had pneumonia before a trip before and he was five after about 3-4 days with antibiotics and an inhaler. Sending pixie dust your way!!

We have had a pretty good trip. I can't believe how crowded it is!! It was better today but I won't come back this week again. Too many huge loud tour groups! I may just be cranky though. DH was sick in bed all day and DD joined him in the afternoon. I have seen lots of room service trays in the hall I wonder if others are sick? The best thing is the valley was hit with lots of snow so the kids didn't miss any school at all this week! Bonus!

I arrived today. Only went to DTD so far. Was there from about 4:30-9:30 pm and did not find it crowded at all. I shall see how Epcot is tomorrow though.

I'm here now. Crowds don't seem too bad in my opinion... congested near some of the popular/new rides but still not horrible. We have had minimal wait getting on most rides. The weather is a little cool, but it's perfect disney weather. No sweating or dying in the heat. Supposed to be 65 tomorrow.

The weather was cool this morning but by noon it was nice. I agree that crowds are light. At least at Epcot. Only long waits at Soarin' and Test Track.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter