*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

Will Disney still replace your poncho if it gets torn? I know they replaced them for us in 2011, 2013, and 2016.
yes. Mine tore at the neck in May and they exchanged it for me. Unfortunately the next one I had (and still have) is defective also. The snaps on the sides tore. The quality definitely is NOT great anymore. The cheap dollar ponchos held up better although they're way more clingy.

On another note we leave tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 days to go and I am packed! Hopefully no one needs anything that’s in the suitcases in the mean time because TOO BAD! It is packed and staying that way until we are in our hotel room!

I am going to miss my kitties! The kitten I have (appropriately named Kitten) has slept with me every night since I found her near death on the side of road, and she has since recovered and is a complete and utter lunatic but I know she will be confused as to where I am! I keep telling her that I will be back but she doesn’t listen and just bites my foot lol. My other cat, Earl, is used to me going places and as long as he has food, he doesn’t really care.

I also can’t wait to get one of those refillable Halloween mugs, and I refuse to worry about whatever hurricane activity may or may not be manifesting. Worrying about it will only stress me out and won’t affect the outcome, so I refuse to do it lol.

But anyway, 4 days!!

I'm going to miss my cats like crazy. They are so needy and follow us from room to room. We have a new cat sitter and I hope it all goes well.

I am going to miss my kitties! The kitten I have (appropriately named Kitten) has slept with me every night since I found her near death on the side of road, and she has since recovered and is a complete and utter lunatic but I know she will be confused as to where I am! I keep telling her that I will be back but she doesn’t listen and just bites my foot lol. My other cat, Earl, is used to me going places and as long as he has food, he doesn’t really care.

I'm interested in seeing how my cat does without me, she is very skittish and was afraid of me for a bit when I got back from a weekend trip.

My local meteorologist said this will more than likely not affect land at all.
The NHC's now issuing advisories on what is likely to become (at least) Tropical Storm Florence, starting earlier than usual since it looks like it may have some impact on the Cabo Verde islands: https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at1+shtml/144600.shtml?cone#contents

It's still too early to make any conclusions about potential US impacts (or impacts on @ILoveMyDVC 's family's travel), but, right now, it's looking likely that this will stay out to sea and not make US landfall at all.

Last edited:

2 weeks from today we leave! :banana:

Unfortunately, we're not getting a break in the way of stress this week as DH as laid off from his job this morning because his position was eliminated. We knew changes were going to happen in his company, but had no idea it was going to happen this soon. Luckily our Disney trip is already paid for, and I've already bought Disney gift cards to cover our food and souvenir purchases so we'll be able to enjoy ourselves without worry.

The NHC's now issuing advisories on what is likely to become (at least) Tropical Storm Florence, starting earlier than usual since it looks like it may have some impact on the Cabo Verde islands: https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at1+shtml/144600.shtml?cone#contents

It's still too early to make any conclusions about potential US impacts (or impacts on @ILoveMyDVC 's family's travel), but, right now, it's looking likely that this will stay out to sea and not make US landfall at all.

Right. That's exactly what I posted. :)

Unfortunately, we're not getting a break in the way of stress this week as DH as laid off from his job this morning because his position was eliminated. We knew changes were going to happen in his company, but had no idea it was going to happen this soon. Luckily our Disney trip is already paid for, and I've already bought Disney gift cards to cover our food and souvenir purchases so we'll be able to enjoy ourselves without worry.

You're having a heck of time lately. You definitely need a Disney break!

Oh! Enough! You've had enough.

4 days to go and I am packed! Hopefully no one needs anything that’s in the suitcases in the mean time because TOO BAD! It is packed and staying that way until we are in our hotel room!

6 days to go and I haven't packed a thing lol. I wait till we are about to leave :rolleyes1

My Dachshund Dixie Belle and my cat Goofy are needy and I really hate boarding them but our vet is a personal friend of ours so I know they will be in good hands.

I also can’t wait to get one of those refillable Halloween mugs, and I refuse to worry about whatever hurricane activity may or may not be manifesting. Worrying about it will only stress me out and won’t affect the outcome, so I refuse to do it lol.

But anyway, 4 days!!

I'm stalking the weather! we were there for Irma last year. Though the parks were empty, I would rather not have another one hit!

yes. Mine tore at the neck in May and they exchanged it for me. Unfortunately the next one I had (and still have) is defective also. The snaps on the sides tore. The quality definitely is NOT great anymore. The cheap dollar ponchos held up better although they're way more clingy.

On another note we leave tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you! We leave in 3 days have a magical trip.

You're having a heck of time lately. You definitely need a Disney break!

Oh! Enough! You've had enough.

I know...thank goodness for Disney! I really think it might be the only thing saving my sanity. This year has been so difficult for us. I started out 2018 by experiencing a traumatic brain injury after falling down stairs and hitting my head. I was out of work for 2 months and am just now at the point where I'm not getting headaches every day.
I'm ready for things to turn a corner and start looking up. Hoping Disney is the start of that!

I know...thank goodness for Disney! I really think it might be the only thing saving my sanity. This year has been so difficult for us. I started out 2018 by experiencing a traumatic brain injury after falling down stairs and hitting my head. I was out of work for 2 months and am just now at the point where I'm not getting headaches every day.
I'm ready for things to turn a corner and start looking up. Hoping Disney is the start of that!

Oh my gosh! This year hasn't been great for me either, with having to find a new place to live on short notice after my landlord decided to end my lease and turn around and charge a few hundred more a month to the next person. Having this trip to look forward to definitely has helped me to get through a pretty stressful year. I'm sorry that your year has been even worse it seems with hit after hit. :( I sure hope your Disney trip is the turning point for you guys!!

I bought a pair of Disney rose gold ears at Charming Charlies last week for 13.99. They also had them at Claire's.

That's good to know...thank you. I actually did buy the ones at Claire's but they must have been children's size because they were way too small and had to return.

Just passing on the advise I was given when I asked about ponchos on this forum; it's been suggested that Disney ponchos are superior to the dollar ponchos and perhaps worth investing in. That is, if ponchos are your plan.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/poncho.3701820/
I would second this. We bought ours several years ago at WDW and take them back every year. I just carry them in a plastic bag stuffed in my park bag. When then rain stops I shake them out and put them right back in the bag. They've lasted us for several trips! The cheap dollar store ones didn't last through a single strong thunderstorm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter