*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

It’s been so exciting seeing all of the Food & Wine posts and pictures on social media today!! We have pretty much all of our snack credits devoted to snacks in the booths, although I can’t decide how much to budget toward the drinks?! It seems like a much better value to grab drinks in the WS QS locations. I couldn’t believe the $11 moonshine at Flower & Garden was roughly the amount of a shot with none of the punch!

It's been a little crazy at work today but I definitely need to get caught up on that thread when I get home from walking my pup! Seeing pics and prices might result in some changes to my spreadsheet of things I want to try! The frozen mimosa was definitely on my original list.

One more day of work and then I head to WDW!!

Y’ALL.
IT IS OFFICIAL.
We are on our way to Disney! Driving as we speak. Well, hubs is lol! I am way too excited and this 2 week trip is so needed. We’ve been in and out of hospitals for 2 years since my son was born premature. Doctors haven’t been able to figure out what’s wrong. He has anemia, a bleeding disorder and he’s not growing. Well, test results came in and it looks to be kidney disease. :( There’s not a whole lot for them to do right now and they okayed our vacation but we will start a treatment plan when we get back home.

Anywho, hope everyone has a wonderful trip! And maybe we will see some of y’all there. :)

Yay drive safe!! I will be there on Monday so maybe we will cross paths!!

Y’ALL.
IT IS OFFICIAL.
We are on our way to Disney! Driving as we speak. Well, hubs is lol! I am way too excited and this 2 week trip is so needed. We’ve been in and out of hospitals for 2 years since my son was born premature. Doctors haven’t been able to figure out what’s wrong. He has anemia, a bleeding disorder and he’s not growing. Well, test results came in and it looks to be kidney disease. :( There’s not a whole lot for them to do right now and they okayed our vacation but we will start a treatment plan when we get back home.

Anywho, hope everyone has a wonderful trip! And maybe we will see some of y’all there. :)
Have a great, safe drive! We will be leaving tomorrow also for 2 weeks.

Hey, I completely understand feeling edgy and pinning such high hopes on a trip that it feels like it’s inevitable the other shoe will drop.

I can’t imagine what it’s like not seeing your daughter for that long—saying lots of prayers for no impactful weather and for you all to have a wonderful trip as scheduled!!:hug:

:hug: Thank you. :love: The other shoe - we had to wait until after surgery and post op because my husband has a fairly advanced case of prostate cancer at 53
We scheduled for August. Military scheduled new SIL for a special training.
Moved to September - storms
My work has turned upside down from everything I know - can't make it up (news is having a field day reporting the truth and made up stuff)
Huge meeting tomorrow - I may not have a job - not because of anything I did or ever did (my reputation is stellar) but because I do so well.

There are people with far more scary stuff happening - some of them in this thread. I should know better. Want the kids to have fun - SIL hasn't seen his mom in 5 years. They are going there after WDW. Think :sunny: :sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny:

It's been a little crazy at work today but I definitely need to get caught up on that thread when I get home from walking my pup! Seeing pics and prices might result in some changes to my spreadsheet of things I want to try! The frozen mimosa was definitely on my original list.

One more day of work and then I head to WDW!!

J E A L O U S! I am working 2 days next week.

I'm not really concerned about a hurricane. I just don't want days of rain, ha! However, I'll make it work no matter what happens and enjoy my time!

It has felt like some people are "shooting the messenger" here a bit... let's remember that this is a discussion board and people can voice their concerns here.

Word less. Thank you

It’s been so exciting seeing all of the Food & Wine posts and pictures on social media today!! We have pretty much all of our snack credits devoted to snacks in the booths, although I can’t decide how much to budget toward the drinks?! It seems like a much better value to grab drinks in the WS QS locations. I couldn’t believe the $11 moonshine at Flower & Garden was roughly the amount of a shot with none of the punch!

A lot

Y’ALL.
IT IS OFFICIAL.

Enjoy the time. Safe travels.

Guys, I totally understand the worry that comes at peak hurricane season. I went through Katrina and many more. The chances of Irma happening again are very low.

Everyone just take a deep breath, keep an eye on the weather and remember it's all going to be fine.
Yes ::yes:: I completely understand everyone's worry, we've all spent a fair amount of $$$ on our trips and while some of us get down there often, others don't. Even for those of us who do go often it will stink to have to cancel, be delayed, have rain every day, etc. if any of us have to be there through a huge storm or hurricane. We've had a crappy year too and DH and I can really use this trip, especially since we had to cancel our Aug. trip, but I never worry about the weather until we get there and this time is no different even though it's our first Sept. visit! We've been there for days of torrential rain that were never predicted until we were already there; we had to move a flight day of to get down there before all airports shut down one Aug. due to a hurricane threat that in the end barely made a dent in our weather; we've seen hours and hours of rain supposed to happen most of our vacation days that never appeared. So I won't worry until a couple days before our flight IF a storm is approaching. For now I'll go with the idea that none of us will experience a hurricane this year :thumbsup2

I'm in the same boat trying to figure out budget for Food & Wine without dining credits.
We don't budget......we just eat and drink what we want at the festivals lol!

We will be at MNSSHP on Monday as well! I’m hoping it won’t rain too much since it’s our first party!

I'll be there also - it seems like a lot of DISers will be at this one, I know of at least three others whose trip reports I enjoy reading who will be there. I sure hope it stays dry for us!!

Y’ALL.
IT IS OFFICIAL.

I hope your family has a magical trip before your son's treatment plan begins!

I can't believe September is almost here and some of us are starting our trips! So exciting!!

I hope your family has a magical trip before your son's treatment plan begins!

I can't believe September is almost here and some of us are starting our trips! So exciting!!

Thank you so much!

I can’t believe it either! We all need to go ahead and book for next year’s trip to have another countdown! Hope you and your husband have a magical trip as well! You deserve it after having a not so good year. Hoping your trip brings you many good memories! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter