The Official Spring/Spring Advantage 2010 Thread!

I got the email today saying I was accepted! For Lifefguard.

I'm actually undecided on whether or not I am going to accept.. Which is odd since I could NOT wait to find out and was dying to be accepted. And now that I am, I'm not sure if it's going to work out :(

Aw why is that?

ps Ive heard lifeguard is fun!

Aw why is that?

ps Ive heard lifeguard is fun!

Mostly because of money.

And also a small part that I would be missing the majority of hockey season (I'm a dork and am a little bit obsessed with my hockey team!).

On the website it says that during off-peak times, lifeguards sometimes do other roles.. Anybody know what those other roles are? Or what off-peak is, exactly?

I know this is probably somewhere deep within the thread, but does anyone know how many people they can accept into the program (WDW)? There has to be a limited amount of people they can put into the living complexes.

Mostly because of money.

And also a small part that I would be missing the majority of hockey season (I'm a dork and am a little bit obsessed with my hockey team!).

On the website it says that during off-peak times, lifeguards sometimes do other roles.. Anybody know what those other roles are? Or what off-peak is, exactly?

I think I remember hearing this last year and I believe its recreation, but I'm not entirely sure, so I think you may be working the marinas at the various deluxe resorts and that sort of thing, but Idk, don't quote me on that!

ps watch hockey on tv! (This is living in DISNEY WORLD we're talking about here!)

I think I remember hearing this last year and I believe its recreation, but I'm not entirely sure, so I think you may be working the marinas at the various deluxe resorts and that sort of thing, but Idk, don't quote me on that!

ps watch hockey on tv! (This is living in DISNEY WORLD we're talking about here!)

Hm, yeah that makes sense.

Ha ha, money really is the biggest thing, I was mostly kidding about the hockey. My hockey wouldn't be on tv down there, though, so I couldn't watch it on tv.

Hm, yeah that makes sense.

Ha ha, money really is the biggest thing, I was mostly kidding about the hockey. My hockey wouldn't be on tv down there, though, so I couldn't watch it on tv.

Well best of luck deciding. hopefully we'll see you in florida :)

Yeah, I am just worried about money, since I have a car so I will have a car payment and insurance to pay for every month.

I've got car payment and insurance every month too, so I am paying each of those double right now so that I can have it paid through June. And, I chose a later arrival date (Jan 25th) so that I have more time to work/save money at my job at home since I know I make waaaay more money doing that than I will in the CP

I've got car payment and insurance every month too, so I am paying each of those double right now so that I can have it paid through June. And, I chose a later arrival date (Jan 25th) so that I have more time to work/save money at my job at home since I know I make waaaay more money doing that than I will in the CP

That's a good idea! Although, if I pay double now, then I won't be able to save up $$ for when I am there.. ha ha. A later arrival date WOULD be helpful, though.. I hadn't really thought of that.

I got the email today saying I was accepted! For Lifefguard.

I'm actually undecided on whether or not I am going to accept.. Which is odd since I could NOT wait to find out and was dying to be accepted. And now that I am, I'm not sure if it's going to work out :(

I'm having the same problem...sort of. I got my acceptance in Attractions today, but I'm not sure if I should do it or not.

That's a good idea! Although, if I pay double now, then I won't be able to save up $$ for when I am there.. ha ha. A later arrival date WOULD be helpful, though.. I hadn't really thought of that.

Yeah that is gonna be my problem too lol...I won't really have much money saved for when I get there, but at least I won't have to worry about paying my bills if I pay them before I get there...that way my paychecks will be able to go to immediate needs/wants rather than BILLS.

I'm having the same problem...sort of. I got my acceptance in Attractions today, but I'm not sure if I should do it or not.

Why are you thinking of not accepting?

Yeah that is gonna be my problem too lol...I won't really have much money saved for when I get there, but at least I won't have to worry about paying my bills if I pay them before I get there...that way my paychecks will be able to go to immediate needs/wants rather than BILLS.

True. It's a tough call. I was just talking about it with my parents and they seem to think that I should do it, but leave my car at home. This makes me want to cry. I wouldn't mind if there was a public transit system like NYC or something (I lived there for 3 years and LOVED IT) but, to not be able to go ANYWHERE, ANYTIME I want is a little hard to take.

I know this is probably somewhere deep within the thread, but does anyone know how many people they can accept into the program (WDW)? There has to be a limited amount of people they can put into the living complexes.

i think i heard somewhere that its about 7000 CP's and CS's but that could be completely inaccurate lol

I was mostly kidding about the hockey. My hockey wouldn't be on tv down there, though, so I couldn't watch it on tv.

My bf and I are HUGE Red Wing fans! We go to the ESPN Club to watch the games down in Fl :) you just have to ask if they can put the game on a tv- they did for us whenever we went last year :goodvibes
We should have parties at the ESPN Club when the Wings play! :rotfl:

My bf and I are HUGE Red Wing fans! We go to the ESPN Club to watch the games down in Fl :) you just have to ask if they can put the game on a tv- they did for us whenever we went last year :goodvibes
We should have parties at the ESPN Club when the Wings play! :rotfl:

I LOVE the Wings!! We so should have Wings parties.. that would be the best thing ever.

Anyone have any ideas as to why the acceptance page wont accept me???? I entered my last name and ID # and it told me they were wrong...when clearly I was just entering what I was told.....ah so frustrating!!! I sent them an email...but I was hoping someone knew what was going on??? :( Ahh!

You guys who are not accepting your invitations are killing me, here! haha.

I kid. Hopefully everything works out one way or another!

Anyone have any ideas as to why the acceptance page wont accept me???? I entered my last name and ID # and it told me they were wrong...when clearly I was just entering what I was told.....ah so frustrating!!! I sent them an email...but I was hoping someone knew what was going on??? Ahh!

Make sure you're using Internet Explorer. The acceptance page freaks out when you try to use a different internet thing. I have Safari and it kept telling me my birthday was unacceptable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter