The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

Sorry if this has already been posted but I wanted to get the thoughts of my fellow VDH owners on if we think the current practice of not allowing extra reservation spots on your Magic Key for when you are staying on property impacts you? For us, we have multiple trips planned out through April and all of our spots are booked.

We have already had this happen a few times and so far have been lucky that we are able to book the future days we need as we check into the parks. It's still weird to have your upcoming hotel stays booked out but you kind of have to gamble a bit on if you will be able to get your park days until just a few weeks/months out. We also space our trips out every few months so that helps, but if reservations stay very long term, I could see this being painful if we were near retirement.

In a way, we are lucky that we have the 2nd tier key and we have our Knott's passes so it forces us to go to the 3rd gate as we sometimes have at least one blackout date during our trips (plus we love Kott's so this works out for us).

I'm just wondering if anyone else has this on their mind and if they plan on reaching out to anyone to share the concern? Might be a moot point if the reservation system goes away....
Sure would be nice once a reservation linked in account, we had park reservations opportunities for length of stay not counting against the 6 we have. This stay I only used 4 but couldn’t plan out a whole lot of other spontaneous visits. Luckily the dates have been pretty easy to refill lately a couple days out & more on day of openings, have become available.

I am not sure if I understand this but if you link you room reservation you seem to be always able to get a park reservation.
Interesting I have everything linked on the app and it shows my MK spots are all filled. I also did some digging and got confirmation that they don't have this system at Disneyland. Doing more research now.

Question, is the new pool area and future bar/grill for the exclusive use of those staying in the new DVC tower? Ty

Question, is the new pool area and future bar/grill for the exclusive use of those staying in the new DVC tower? Ty
No, open to anyone at any of the Disney Hotel Towers. We asked. They are being strict with wristbands, so it will keep out the squatters

I’m guessing they would want the opposite as they would want all resort guests to stop in and check out the new rooms, talk to the guides, and find out for a “small investment” they could own* a part of the resort.

Sorry if this has been asked - what kind of in room coffee is there? I know it's a Keurig like machine, but my mom drinks decaf and I was curious to see if there was a decaf option.

I want to remind those who want to compare VGC and VDH lobbies... VGC literally has no dedicated lobby. So even a small one is nice at VDH. VGC also has no dedicated/unique gift shop or restaurants - it's half of a wing of the hotel which many don't even know there's a DVC presence there at all. I LOVE VGC (and we own there) and while many DVC properties have many more amenities directly as part of their property, VGC does not - they are all a side benefit of Grand Californian Hotel just as VDH has access to all the restaurants/giant gift shop of Disneyland Hotel. But VDH actually has a small dedicated lobby - bonus! It's actually very similar to BLT - no huge lobby or dedicated amenities... except Top of the World which used to be amazing but now seems like a nightmare.

Last edited:
Any idea what considerations might go into assigning a lock-off 2BR vs a dedicated? I'm booking the rack rate for four adults (parents, myself, and my sister), and would prefer the dedicated so that everyone gets a real bed. That said, not sure if they try to reserve dedicated 2BRs for certain party makeups.

Any idea what considerations might go into assigning a lock-off 2BR vs a dedicated? I'm booking the rack rate for four adults (parents, myself, and my sister), and would prefer the dedicated so that everyone gets a real bed. That said, not sure if they try to reserve dedicated 2BRs for certain party makeups.
They're different bookable categories on the DVC side. For cash bookings they only assign dedicated 2BR, afaik (for WDW DVC resorts that only have lock-offs, they don't even offer 2BR on the cash side).

Interesting I have everything linked on the app and it shows my MK spots are all filled. I also did some digging and got confirmation that they don't have this system at Disneyland. Doing more research now.
Assume you are using DL app and not MDE? It’s worked as decribed by other poster above for years.

Sure would be nice once a reservation linked in account, we had park reservations opportunities for length of stay not counting against the 6 we have. This stay I only used 4 but couldn’t plan out a whole lot of other spontaneous visits. Luckily the dates have been pretty easy to refill lately a couple days out & more on day of openings, have become available.
My wife and I have Inspire Keys and live in Texas. Last week we spent 7 days when we were there, as asked a guide about this. She said for me to book my reservations I could get, then go to Guest Services at DL on my first day to have them add the rest of the stay I couldn’t get. She told me she use to work for Guest Services and they understood that some people do come spend a week out there. With us being DVC and they would help us.

Like very very much. Great location with balconies all facing pool area. Entry area are back at bbq area with the doors at end of main building hallways to go through the building. Can go through pool area, down main hallways, or take the path around the south side of building to the rear garden room area. (Nice that each Duo studios categories are mostly with balcony the entire building. Just not ones upper monorail pool side next to grand villas or far west end of building.)
So after seeing your pictures and quick review of the Garden Duo Studio we decided to switch our 3 night / 6 night (duo standard / deluxe standard) trip next June. We grabbed 8 nights in the Garden Duo and waitlisted the last night, but booked a standard duo studio just in case. That outdoor space sold us.

So after seeing your pictures and quick review of the Garden Duo Studio we decided to switch our 3 night / 6 night (duo standard / deluxe standard) trip next June. We grabbed 8 nights in the Garden Duo and waitlisted the last night, but booked a standard duo studio just in case. That outdoor space sold us.
Haha! I did the same! We had the premium view Duo booked, but @Wedgeout made these rooms look delightful. The extra price is totally worth it for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter