The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

Are you arriving that morning? That wasn’t clear if so….otherwise buy the day before.
We'll be going to early entry every day. Tangaroa opens at 7. The Coffee House opens at 6 so it would have worked.

Regardless, my question was answered -- no food goods at DLH, perhaps some at VGC. If not we will buy something each day for the next morning.

Last trip we had good luck with mobile ordering from Starbucks in Downtown Disney while at the DLH and picked it up on our way to the park for Early entry (that's been a few years ago)

For our trip in July , staying in a VDH standard studio, I'm planning on using shipt to have some groceries delivered. Any downsides to this? Is the fridge (esp freezer) exceptionally small? We get to the hotel, God willing, by noon or so and I'm not concerned about the timing or anything. More concerned about buying a 10 pack of eggos and it not fitting.

We'll be going to early entry every day. Tangaroa opens at 7. The Coffee House opens at 6 so it would have worked.

Regardless, my question was answered -- no food goods at DLH, perhaps some at VGC. If not we will buy something each day for the next morning.
Standing here looking at the bagels, muffins, and other pastries at tangora while waiting for food, was just saying, grab it the day before and keep it in the room for the next morning. All the rooms have a mini fridge and microwave at a minimum.

Standing here looking at the bagels, muffins, and other pastries at tangora while waiting for food, was just saying, grab it the day before and keep it in the room for the next morning. All the rooms have a mini fridge and microwave at a minimum.
Gotcha. Thanks!

Stayed over Easter. Arrived Saturday evening, driving up from San Diego. Just my wife and I, and room 544 overlooking the neighborhood next door. Spent two nights in a studio. Easter in the parks, leaving Monday for Joshua Tree. We LOVED the resort. Simply gorgeous and it felt like a resort. Bummed that we did not get to enjoy the pools (felt like 50 when we go in Saturday evening in the rain). My wife stated she would love to come back there. We stayed in a 2 bedroom in VGC in 2016. We liked this resort better, even with the walk. It was gorgeous with so many amazing touches. Vaulted into one of our favorites.

I’m happy to report no 💩 in the pools today !

Happy to report that lower floor rooms have PLENTY of hot water.
Just finished 9 days at VDH. No 💩 in the pool, all hot tubs working everyday, and plenty of hot water on the lower floors. I did notice it took about 1 min a few days for the hot water to start flowing in the shower but there was never a lack of hot water.

Other than a minor refrigerator issue that maintenance quickly took care of, no complaints for our 1 BR stay. Kids were bummed the monorail slides didn’t open but they quickly got over it. Astro Orbitor was up the last 2 days and we got to see some new star tours scenes and do hyperspace mountain as season of the force just started.

Already looking forward to our trip in a 2BR in the fall!

Just finished 9 days at VDH. No 💩 in the pool, all hot tubs working everyday, and plenty of hot water on the lower floors. I did notice it took about 1 min a few days for the hot water to start flowing in the shower but there was never a lack of hot water.

Other than a minor refrigerator issue that maintenance quickly took care of, no complaints for our 1 BR stay. Kids were bummed the monorail slides didn’t open but they quickly got over it. Astro Orbitor was up the last 2 days and we got to see some new star tours scenes and do hyperspace mountain as season of the force just started.

Already looking forward to our trip in a 2BR in the fall!
Thanks for your report! Sounds like a great time!!

Just returned from a 3 night stay, while the Coffee Shop is closed Tangaroa is open for coffee/grab & go starting at 6am.

Just returned from a 3 night stay, while the Coffee Shop is closed Tangaroa is open for coffee/grab & go starting at 6am.
Great, thanks for the info. Glad it is opening at 6. Did they have specialty coffee drinks / cold brew or just hot coffee?

Just got back from 4 nights and holy moly, we LOVED this resort!! I just have one question - it smelled DIVINE and now I need a candle or something to take me back. Any suggestions!?

The flowers and vegetation, the music playing, the breakfast at Tangaroa, and the nights in the hot tub...TAKE ME BACK!

Just got back from 4 nights and holy moly, we LOVED this resort!! I just have one question - it smelled DIVINE and now I need a candle or something to take me back. Any suggestions!?

The flowers and vegetation, the music playing, the breakfast at Tangaroa, and the nights in the hot tub...TAKE ME BACK!
I hear ya! We’ve been back 2 days and I already miss it!

Does anyone know if there has been progress on the monorail slides? It looked like the Yellow slide was open Friday but the other was still walled off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter