The Official "What University Do You Go To and What Major?" Thread

LSU_Mackey

Forever LSU
Okay, so I'm tired, no offense, of coming to the College Board on here and only seeing threads about College Program (congrats to all of you by the way) but I wanted to start one directed towards merely attending college and not having to do with Disney.

So...where do you go to college and what's your major?

If you're in grad school tell us where you graduated from and where you attend now.

And then, the kicker, your future plans after education.

I'll start:

1. Contrary to popular belief, I did not graduate from LSU (was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana) but I did attend for 1.5 semesters.

2. Instead, I graduated from Sam Houston State University (Bearkats) in 2008 which is located in Huntsville, TX (we boast of the largest statute of an American figure).

3. I majored in Political Science with a minor in Criminal Justice.

4. But, I am currently about to start my second semester of law school at South Texas College of Law in Houston, TX. (For those wondering, law school is the worst experience of my life, literally :headache:)

Your turn!

Benedictine University in Lisle, Illinois.

I don't have a high enough post count to post urls, but the address is: BEN (DOT) EDU

Hoping to do the Spring 2010 College Program, but I get refused, I may consider reapplying after I graduate. Right now my plan is to graduate in Summer 2011 with an Accounting degree.

I go to Broward College currently majoring in Hospitality Management. After my AA I'm transferring to UCF.

I plan on working for Disney full-time hopefully managing one of their resorts one day.

This September I'll be a freshman at Kalamazoo College, a small liberal arts college in Kalamazoo, Michigan.

Right now "the plan" is to double major in Art/Art History and English with a concentration in Media Studies, do the Disney College Program Fall 2010, and study abroad junior year. Eventually I hope to become an Imagineer. Whew! :cool1:

Kent State University

English Major with minors in Writing, History and Media Studies

with experience in business and PR (I will like 3 courses short of a minor when I graduate in those fields and I've had internships in those fields).

Currently, I am majoring in Marketing at Tulsa Community College and also studying Digital Online Media, as well as French Language. I hope to do CP in a year and a half or two and then, see what happens after graduation. I am going to continue with my travel writing and hope to become a photographer.

Anna

I will be starting my senior year at Gettysburg College in a little over a month. eep!

I'm a History and Theatre Arts double major, focusing mostly on American history and directing/stage management.

After the G-word in May (I refuse to accept that fact that I'm a senior, lol), I am planning on doing the Fall Adv '10 CP.

After that? I have no idea. Start applying for grad schools, try to get either a paid internship or a job, idk. I'm not completely sure which area I want to pursue yet, so I still need time to figure it out.

Arizona State University. Criminal Justice Major
-Disney University. FSFB haha!-
My major is gunna change, to what idk. but i hate college so i dgaf =]
I want to own my own restaurant one day or at least manage one.

After the G-word in May (I refuse to accept that fact that I'm a senior, lol), I am planning on doing the Fall Adv '10 CP.

After that? I have no idea. Start applying for grad schools, try to get either a paid internship or a job, idk. I'm not completely sure which area I want to pursue yet, so I still need time to figure it out.

Ha! I agree about not accepting senior-ness. It's so crazy to me. I've been in school non-stop for 16 years. I can't fathom not being in class between August and May!

I'm about to start my senior year at the University of Georgia (UGA). I'll be graduating in May with a History degree. Hopefully I'll be doing the CP in Fall 2010. Still not sure exactly what I'll do after graduating. Thinking about grad school, but lately I've been leaning towards finding a full-time job and getting on my own feet first. I want to get out there and find what I enjoy doing and what I'm good at. Had a couple of jobs during college, but none in any fields that I'd be interested in permanently. As much as the world frowns on them, I fully anticipate being one of those college graduates who walks out of university and says, "Now what?" rather than having the next several years planned out. If there's any time in my life where I can afford a bit of uncertainty, this is it! And I've learned that you can plan all you want, but sometimes life will get in the way so you have to be flexible.

~ Anna

I'm a junior at the University of Louisville. I'm majoring in Early Elementary Education and I'm starting the professional part of my program next month! :scared1:

I also did the college program from August 2006 through May 2007. I did MK/AK entertainment costuming and I miss it dearly. :flower3:

Currently, I am majoring in Marketing at Tulsa Community College and also studying Digital Online Media, as well as French Language. I hope to do CP in a year and a half or two and then, see what happens after graduation. I am going to continue with my travel writing and hope to become a photographer.

Anna

TULSA?! Can I say jealous? You are within the same vicinity of where my favorite band lives/comes from =)

Mt. San Jacinto Community College here. Located in San Jacinto/Hemet,CA. Already graduated with my AA in dance. Might continue on into a private art college...eventually, CalArts anyone? Thinking about working on another AA in business for now.

Hoping to get into the program for spring 2010!

Hi!

I am attending Washington State University and studying Interior Architecture/Design. I am graduating this May and hope to do Fall Advantage 2010!

After that depends on a few things but I'm thinking about applying for a PI. At the very top of my list of dream jobs is to be an Imagineer. But there are a few outside factors that may have me choosing a different path away from Disney, unfortunately. But I do know that in an ideal world, that is what I will be pursuing.

I'm SO excited!:yay:

1) Inter American University of Puerto Rico (Graduating on June 2010)

2) Majoring on Computer Science with a minor on Human Resources

3) Hopefully, will get accepted on the Air Force or Navy, then work as a full timer on Disney!!!

TULSA?! Can I say jealous? You are within the same vicinity of where my favorite band lives/comes from =)

Mt. San Jacinto Community College here. Located in San Jacinto/Hemet,CA. Already graduated with my AA in dance. Might continue on into a private art college...eventually, CalArts anyone? Thinking about working on another AA in business for now.

Hoping to get into the program for spring 2010!

Who's your fave band? I know when I went to T.U., several local bands like Admiral Twin and Caroline's Spine came through a lot.

Anna

This September I'll be a freshman at Kalamazoo College, a small liberal arts college in Kalamazoo, Michigan.

I have actually heard of Kalamazoo College! I almost decided to go there... but instead I'm starting this year at the University of Michigan :goodvibes . K College was my second choice (it's just so darn expensive, lol). I don't know what I'm majoring in (yet), but I'm sure I'll figure it out. Probably something social studies oriented. I would love to do the CP, but I really doubt U of M would be happy about me doing it (especially since I'm probably already missing a semester to study abroad). So if anyone has any thoughts about fitting the CP in or getting your school on board... I know I could always do it after I graduate, but that's so far away from now (plus, I'll be looking at grad school then, and since the CP probably won't relate directly to my program, I'm concerned that that will make me less attractive to grad schools, or potential employers even).

I have actually heard of Kalamazoo College! I almost decided to go there... but instead I'm starting this year at the University of Michigan :goodvibes . K College was my second choice (it's just so darn expensive, lol). I don't know what I'm majoring in (yet), but I'm sure I'll figure it out. Probably something social studies oriented. I would love to do the CP, but I really doubt U of M would be happy about me doing it (especially since I'm probably already missing a semester to study abroad). So if anyone has any thoughts about fitting the CP in or getting your school on board... I know I could always do it after I graduate, but that's so far away from now (plus, I'll be looking at grad school then, and since the CP probably won't relate directly to my program, I'm concerned that that will make me less attractive to grad schools, or potential employers even).

That's so funny! I looked into U of M, but I'm from IL so out of state tuition was still :scared1:. K gave me nice aid, otherwise I wouldn't be going myself!

Yeah, I'm hoping to do the CP Fall 2010 because K has other internship programs that people do as sophomores. Hopefully they'll be amenable to the WDWCP... I know a couple of K students have done it before so at least they've heard of it. We'll see! :thumbsup2

That is the perfect face for out of state tuition at U of M. If I wasn't from Michigan, I wouldn't be going to U of M either, lol. I'm pretty sure I've seen Kalamazoo College on CM name tags a few times, so you should be good for the CP (plus the fact that they encourage you to do internships or externships anyway - at least, that's what they told me). Do you know where you want to study abroad? I'm not so hopeful about the CP :sad1:. I don't think the CP is going to directly relate to whatever I end up going in to, so it would kind of just be something I want to do for the heck of it. And I can't even imagine walking in to tell my academic adviser my big plans to take a semester off and go to Disney World (I know it's work, and that I would probably get life skills out of it, but I don't think she would see that), and then that I was going to miss a semester the following year to study abroad.

Has anyone ever seen a CM with a name tag that says U of M, just out of curiosity? That seems like a good indicator that that school supports the CP (or at least, lets their students do it).

That is the perfect face for out of state tuition at U of M. If I wasn't from Michigan, I wouldn't be going to U of M either, lol. I'm pretty sure I've seen Kalamazoo College on CM name tags a few times, so you should be good for the CP (plus the fact that they encourage you to do internships or externships anyway - at least, that's what they told me). Do you know where you want to study abroad? I'm not so hopeful about the CP :sad1:. I don't think the CP is going to directly relate to whatever I end up going in to, so it would kind of just be something I want to do for the heck of it. And I can't even imagine walking in to tell my academic adviser my big plans to take a semester off and go to Disney World (I know it's work, and that I would probably get life skills out of it, but I don't think she would see that), and then that I was going to miss a semester the following year to study abroad.

Has anyone ever seen a CM with a name tag that says U of M, just out of curiosity? That seems like a good indicator that that school supports the CP (or at least, lets their students do it).

I'd love to do my study abroad somewhere in the UK - Goldsmiths University in London or even a year at Trinity College in Ireland, but my financial aid wouldn't transfer to those programs. Boo. So now I'm thinking I'll do the Kalamazoo Program in Clermont-Ferrand, France.

This may sound silly, but K's emphasis on intern/externships and my knowledge that K students have done the CP in the past helped me decide to go there. My longtime first choice, Carleton, would have probably turned its nose up at the program.

& the CP doesn't directly relate to what I want to do either, per se. And I think that's the case more often than not -- it's more of a foot-in-the-door thing for me. Slash I just love Disney.

And I think I've seen some people in CP facebook groups from U of M? Not sure though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter