The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was referring to it being separate as that was how I interpreted the post.

Meaning move some of the bungalows to be part of Poly tower as a new association so it can be used to sell.
Yes, I had wrongly assumed that some bungalows were “owned” by the hotel side, and so might be declared into poly tower. Once Sandisw clarified that all bungalows have been declared into poly1, it is of course impossible for bungalows to be part of poly tower if it is a new association.

If it is not part of the original Poly, will guest at both DVCs be able to use the pools of the other?
No one knows.

BLT's pool is small, too small for the number of rooms in the tower. I think those staying at the Contemporary are not allowed to use the BLT.

Based on what we've seen so far, the Power Tower's pool looks pretty small. It's possible that Poly (hotel) guests won't be allowed to use the Poly Tower pool.

But I hope not.

No one knows.

BLT's pool is small, too small for the number of rooms in the tower. I think those staying at the Contemporary are not allowed to use the BLT.

Based on what we've seen so far, the Power Tower's pool looks pretty small. It's possible that Poly (hotel) guests won't be allowed to use the Poly Tower pool.

But I hope not.
If they were going to restrict use of the pool they would not have put it right outside 3 hotel longhouses and drew the diagram with entry gaits by the longhouses.

They could have put the pool on the other side by the wedding chapel if they wanted to make it exclusive. BLTs pool is physically distant from the main tower so it makes it easier to restrict.

If it is not part of the original Poly, will guest at both DVCs be able to use the pools of the other?
The pools at the Poly are not part of DVC at all. PVB owners are granted access to use them, but neither is a common element of the condo association.

Owners pay a share to maintain them. But, legally use could be restricted if the hotel division decided to do that b

Its similar set up at VGF. So use of current pools is up to hotel. For the pool at the Poly tower, based on placement would indicate it will probably be a common element like the BLT pool.

However, I don’t see it being restricted from hotel guests..with them sharing in expenses and have a feeling all pools there will be open to all guests, regardless of what is decided for the association.

If they were going to restrict use of the pool they would not have put it right outside 3 hotel longhouses and drew the diagram with entry gaits by the longhouses.

They could have put the pool on the other side by the wedding chapel if they wanted to make it exclusive. BLTs pool is physically distant from the main tower so it makes it easier to restrict.
It looks like the tower pool is an infinity pool, which means limited access on that side. And after the drowning several years ago, all pools are required to have child-proof gates.

We already have gates that open based on your MagicBand. (I believe this is already in place at both existing Poly pools.) The ability to restrict access to Poly Tower guests only is already built into the system.

Last edited:
No one knows.

But I hope not.

Even if Poly 2 is another association, there's no way they're going to tell someone who just spent $25,000+ they can't use the volcano pool and splash pad. It's a major selling point of the resort. The new pool won't be restricted either because it's going to be right in front of the hotel side of the resort like Wilderness Lodge.

Bay Lake Tower is the exception to the rule, but BLT is a secluded property and has a very small pool compared to other DVC resorts. That's more of a practical issue than anything else. Honestly, all of Contemporary's pools need a full gut and rebuild. They're all disappointing for a deluxe and monorail resort.

The pools at the Poly are not part of DVC at all. PVB owners are granted access to use them, but neither is a common element of the condo association.

Owners pay a share to maintain them. But, legally use could be restricted if the hotel division decided to do that b

Which they won't. Disney completely gutted and rebuilt the Oasis pool when Poly DVC was put in place. That was done for a reason.

Even if Poly 2 is another association, there's no way they're going to tell someone who just spent $25,000+ they can't use the volcano pool and splash pad. It's a major selling point of the resort. The new pool won't be restricted either because it's going to be right in front of the hotel side of the resort like Wilderness Lodge.

Bay Lake Tower is the exception to the rule, but BLT is a secluded property and has a very small pool compared to other DVC resorts. That's more of a practical issue than anything else. Honestly, all of Contemporary's pools need a full gut and rebuild. They're all disappointing for a deluxe and monorail resort.

Which they won't. Disney completely gutted and rebuilt the Oasis pool when Poly DVC was put in place. That was done for a reason.

I do agree they will never take away the access, but it’s still important for owners to know that they are not part of what they bought and belong to the hotel.

BLT and RIV,, as well as SSR and OKW, added the pools as common elements, which means owners are guaranteed the right to access the pool. It is the why access to those pools would be in control of the DVC owners ar those resorts.

VGF is done the same was as PVB…none of the pools are part of DVC…

Last edited:
No. They've said "new Disney Vacation Club villas at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort."
DVC hasn’t been exercising any ROFR on Poly1 and they’ve already stated it would be an expansion when the new tower was announced. The new tower is very likely not going to be a separate association. Which would mean it also will not have the same resale restrictions as RR.

“Bill Diercksen, senior vice president and general manager of Disney Vacation Club. “Expanding our Disney Vacation Club offerings at the Polynesian would give our Members and Guests yet another incredible option for staying close to the magic while making vacation memories that last a lifetime.””

DVC hasn’t been exercising any ROFR on Poly1 and they’ve already stated it would be an expansion when the new tower was announced. The new tower is very likely not going to be a separate association. Which would mean it also will not have the same resale restrictions as RR.

“Bill Diercksen, senior vice president and general manager of Disney Vacation Club. “Expanding our Disney Vacation Club offerings at the Polynesian would give our Members and Guests yet another incredible option for staying close to the magic while making vacation memories that last a lifetime.””
Expanding the DVC offerings can still mean a new assocation. It also says another option for staying close to the Magic…again, which could mean another resort.

CCV was an expansion of DVC options at WL and is a different associaiton.

I asked several guides about it this week when I was there and all said the same thing…there has been no announcement of what will happen and that they have not been given any info regarding which way it will go.

Expanding the DVC offerings can still mean a new assocation. It also says another option for staying close to the Magic…again, which could mean another resort.

CCV was an expansion of DVC options at WL and is a different associaiton.

I asked several guides about it this week when I was there and all said the same thing…there has been no announcement of what will happen and that they have not been given any info regarding which way it will go.
Creating a separate association for CC made complete sense. With only 24 years remaining at BRV when sales went live wouldn’t be feasible to sell at the prices they were asking for.
Poly still has 44 years left on the existing association so that’s still a marketable term.
VGF2 and BCVs were/are being sold at 40+ year terms and Poly will too. The CMs won’t give any useful information as all their calls are on recorded lines and they don’t want to say anything off script. Also, the cost to establish a new association plus making it compliant to sell in all 50 states is very expensive. I truly think there’s very little to no chance this is a new association. And the lack of any ROFR activity at Poly is very telling as well.

It is VERY clear in the Poly offering statement that the Poly hotel stuff is offered as a courtesy and not a guarantee. Early co-resorts spelled out specifically that owners would have access to the hotel stuff, listing it out in great detail, but that changed by Poly.

Sorry I was not clearer.

I am sure anyone buying into PVB2 will be able to use the Lava Pool. This is not free. It's my understanding that DVC members are charged for this as part of their dues. It's a good way to reduce their overhead cost of cash rooms.

Instead, the PVB2 plans show a smallish pool, somewhat akin to BLT's pool. I would not be surprised if guests staying in a Poly cash room don't have access to PVB2's pool. All Disney pools are gated and the two Poly pools already have MagicBand readers. It would only take a bit of software to keep cash guests out.

Creating a separate association for CC made complete sense. With only 24 years remaining at BRV when sales went live wouldn’t be feasible to sell at the prices they were asking for.
Poly still has 44 years left on the existing association so that’s still a marketable term.
VGF2 and BCVs were/are being sold at 40+ year terms and Poly will too. The CMs won’t give any useful information as all their calls are on recorded lines and they don’t want to say anything off script. Also, the cost to establish a new association plus making it compliant to sell in all 50 states is very expensive. I truly think there’s very little to no chance this is a new association. And the lack of any ROFR activity at Poly is very telling as well.

I talked to guides in person but that’s not really important. While yes it made sense for CCV due to expiration, that doesn’t mean they can’t decide to make Poly tower new simply because the expirations are close,

Resale resections was a big move for DVD and had the pandemic not happened, there is a good chance that Reflections would have still happened and would have been given them.

Your point about it being expensive coukd very well be why they did what they did with VGF because they started sales only 9 months later and wanted that to be a quick flip.

Poly tower is a new build costing millions so I doubt what ever extra needs to happen for it to be new is not a big deal.

I actually think lack of ROFR means nothing because they don’t need PVB points to sell Poly tower in the same association as they will have plenty and they also don’t need PVB points if it’s a different one.

I have shared before that if I had to put the lack of ROFR in a column it would be it supports a new association because without it, the resale price of PvB is going to continue to fall and then all these new resale buyers would be getting access to Poly tower for cheap and they would be losing all those potential direct sales.

But the biggest thing is that there is no reason for DVD not to have said one way or the other at this point...and they have not, which means that a new association and resale restrictions are still very much a possibility.

VDH will be an indicator. If it has them, then it’s still a goal for the program n

Last edited:
I disagree. I don’t think the cost to establish a new association would make a difference to Disney. And I don’t see them undermining their restriction strategy on a huge new construction project, allowing all the existing Poly owners to book without buying points. That’s a ton of money for no return, not to mention possible owners who won’t buy because they don’t want to compete with all the Poly owners, like myself.

I disagree. I don’t think the cost to establish a new association would make a difference to Disney. And I don’t see them undermining their restriction strategy on a huge new construction project, allowing all the existing Poly owners to book without buying points. That’s a ton of money for no return, not to mention possible owners who won’t buy because they don’t want to compete with all the Poly owners, like myself.
Poly 2 will sellout fast with/without restrictions and old/new association. Nothing is stopping that train.

My questions are:

1. Minimum buy in for existing owners - 25 or 50 points.

2. How many resorts can they be simultaneously selling? 5 at the same time seems ambitious to Me.

3. What will the balance of room ratios be? This may be indicative of where the new/old association goes. Lots of studios would potentially suggest a new association.

I agree with the likely outcome, but that language means absolutely nothing. When Copper Creek was announced, they talked about expanding offerings at Wilderness Lodge. It's entirely meaningless.

DVC hasn’t been exercising any ROFR on Poly1 and they’ve already stated it would be an expansion when the new tower was announced.

I disagree with your interpretation of the intentionally vague announcements. Compare to the VGF2 announcement, which actually said, this will be part of the existing association. Poly hasn't said that yet, that's on purpose.

"Expanding our offerings" does not mean in this specific association. I don't think they'll announce a decision until they absolutely have to.

Last edited:
There is no question in my mind that DVC future is with having resale restriction. That is why VDH in my opinion will have them. I just do not believe that Poly 2 will be a separate association so will not have them. There is a plot of buildable land along the walking path from Grand Floridian to MK, just to the west of the canal that has been sitting there waiting to be developed. This I believe will be the next DVC resort and Will have the restrictions. As the 2042 resorts are re established, they too will have the restrictions-- That is the Way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter