The Rainbow Lounge - LGBT Chit Chat

What do we think about a Rainbow Lounge?

• Loving it, I'll be here every day. This IS now officially my new homepage on all devices!

• I'm in between. Fun idea but I don't really have much to say at the moment *puts it on watched*

• What's this? I chit chat where ever I want.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hiya! Queer Disney chick from Chicago (hopefully headed to the east coast, soon) here :) Always up for new Disney friends!

Hi everyone! :wave2:

Activity seems to go up and down in here, and that's great. :thumbsup2
We seem to have a great time when we stop by to chat. And it's not necessary to make this the top trending thread on the boards either. But wouldn't it be cool if The DIS mentioned us on the Daily Disney Fix (joking)? :hyper::banana:

:disrocks:

Pffft, you should see the lack of activity on the single lesbian board. It's mostly just me, and the occasional newbie that pops in to say "hi" & is never heard from again, and people wanting to join the queer disney fb group I started specifically as a result of the silence on some of these boards haha. I wish there was a way to fix it-I know there's plenty of us who want to chat :)

Pffft, you should see the lack of activity on the single lesbian board. It's mostly just me, and the occasional newbie that pops in to say "hi" & is never heard from again, and people wanting to join the queer disney fb group I started specifically as a result of the silence on some of these boards haha. I wish there was a way to fix it-I know there's plenty of us who want to chat :)

lol I didn't even know there was a FB group for these boards.

It looks good (I only saw 1 & 2...I'm not a big fan of endless sequels, unless it's cheesy horror haha), mostly because I have to believe that Bardem wouldn't make a crap movie. Do I need to see 3, 4....and whatever else...before I go?

I would say see 3, 4 is definitely optional. There are some minor points from 4 but you'll catch on pretty quickly even without having seen it.

Well, it's not officially Disboards, or for everyone on the boards, as I am trying to keep it within the rainbow family (there are tons of disney groups, but I haven't found many queer groups), but I've offered to add anyone in the queer groups on here. I set it up because there were a few of us in the les group going "cmon, guys! I know some of you have been on and said you want to chat, but nobody is talking!" and I know most people check their fbs several times everyday, while most people probably don't check this board everyday. I wish they did!

Well, it's not officially Disboards, or for everyone on the boards, as I am trying to keep it within the rainbow family (there are tons of disney groups, but I haven't found many queer groups), but I've offered to add anyone in the queer groups on here. I set it up because there were a few of us in the les group going "cmon, guys! I know some of you have been on and said you want to chat, but nobody is talking!" and I know most people check their fbs several times everyday, while most people probably don't check this board everyday. I wish they did!

That's a smart move, people are obsessed with their Facebook so there is no way they wouldn't see it.

Alright, thanks! I know that once you get to several sequels, *usually* the plot isn't very continuous, and the previous sequels aren't generally required viewing. Actually, maybe you guys will have a good perspective on this-I read an article that said the villain in this one was supposed to be a woman (!!!), but Depp nixed that because the last movie he did that had a female villain (Dark Shadows) bombed. That irritates me. Because as fun as the show is for me to watch with my mother, that movie was trash (in my opinion) & I didn't even make it to SEE the female villain before I turned it off. So, it wasn't her that caused it to bomb. And the fact that the man making a 5th of the same character wants to get picky about what he's making...Ugh. There already are almost no women in these movies :(

I had not heard of that. As big a star as depp is I find it hard to believe even he has enough power to make that decision.

That being said the smartest and most capable character in this film is a young woman and there is a youngish looking witch who moves the action along playing multiple sides against each other

Oh, good. I am not generally too invested in the lives of celebrities (alright, I cried over Robin Williams & Bowie, but...they've been there for me forever), and I know not everything I hear & read is true, but nasty stories about him have been incessant lately, which breaks my little Edward Scissorhands-loving heart (I was in love with him at an unhealthily young age...but we all were, right?? ....right???). And I'm a villain chick (Maleficent is my home girl), so I was really disappointed to read that I had possibly had a woman pirate villain taken away from me, as brilliant as Bardem is. I also am a big fan of Black Sails, in case either of you watched that?
PS-The fb group was not my purpose in posting, but, since you didn't know it existed, if anyone would like to join, just shoot me a message. Someone on the les board mentioned fear over being outed, so I made the group secret, so nobody can join/see/search the group/posts/members unless you are *in* the group, and so that our gay posts aren't popping up all over coworkers/grandmothers/bosses news feed hahaha

I haven't seen black sails, but I don't watch a lot of tv these days.

(Yes everyone was in love with Johnny or still is :P ) I think a lot of the mess stirred up about him lately came from things said by his now ex in a messy divorce. I can't make a judgement call if it was actually true or a very angry person trying to hurt the person they were leaving.

We all can't be chatty. I would chat people but they kinda say hi and then are never heard from again.

Alright, thanks! I know that once you get to several sequels, *usually* the plot isn't very continuous, and the previous sequels aren't generally required viewing. Actually, maybe you guys will have a good perspective on this-I read an article that said the villain in this one was supposed to be a woman (!!!), but Depp nixed that because the last movie he did that had a female villain (Dark Shadows) bombed. That irritates me. Because as fun as the show is for me to watch with my mother, that movie was trash (in my opinion) & I didn't even make it to SEE the female villain before I turned it off. So, it wasn't her that caused it to bomb. And the fact that the man making a 5th of the same character wants to get picky about what he's making...Ugh. There already are almost no women in these movies :(
I don't know that Depp would nix that just because Dark Shadows. That movie was camp and the true dark shadows fans wouldn't go see it. It was like an Addams Family Values version of a serious, well how serious can a soap opera be. Almost all the villians in that show were women, well besides Barnibus and that is who Depp played so....Take that at face value, Dark Shadows had a run in the late 60's and 90's and didn't need a movie. What about all his other shows that bomed with male leads as villians.

I haven't seen black sails, but I don't watch a lot of tv these days.

(Yes everyone was in love with Johnny or still is :P ) I think a lot of the mess stirred up about him lately came from things said by his now ex in a messy divorce. I can't make a judgement call if it was actually true or a very angry person trying to hurt the person they were leaving.
Actually I have never been in love with Johnny Depp, my mom was, not me, not so much. Not my type.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter