The Rainbow Lounge - LGBT Chit Chat

What do we think about a Rainbow Lounge?

• Loving it, I'll be here every day. This IS now officially my new homepage on all devices!

• I'm in between. Fun idea but I don't really have much to say at the moment *puts it on watched*

• What's this? I chit chat where ever I want.

Results are only viewable after voting.
My dates in town are 5/29 - 6/5

Some of us DISers have been arranging various "unofficial" meet ups and some dining plans over in this thread -> https://www.disboards.com/threads/dis-20th-anniversary-un-official-meet-ups-events-and-make-a-friend-thread.3593096/

I know that Kevin and John have also been planning a meetup on Saturday, June 3rd during Gay Days at the Magic Kingdom. During the podcast earlier, Kevin said 10:30am in front of It's A Small World.

I am hoping that Pete and Ryno will have some other meet ups. They indicated that we may start finding out more about these other meet ups next week.

And one point of clarification on my previous post, my last full day of my trip is 6/3. I leave on 6/4.

Some of us DISers have been arranging various "unofficial" meet ups and some dining plans over in this thread -> https://www.disboards.com/threads/dis-20th-anniversary-un-official-meet-ups-events-and-make-a-friend-thread.3593096/

I know that Kevin and John have also been planning a meetup on Saturday, June 3rd during Gay Days at the Magic Kingdom. During the podcast earlier, Kevin said 10:30am in front of It's A Small World.

I am hoping that Pete and Ryno will have some other meet ups. They indicated that we may start finding out more about these other meet ups next week.

And one point of clarification on my previous post, my last full day of my trip is 6/3. I leave on 6/4.

On the Facebook page I am the individual who posted the Disney balloons photo.

Just dropping in to say I'm SO jealous of y'all that are going to DIS20. If only the fiance would allow it I would be there in a shot!

Sorry chuckers missed these before. Nice to see another Bostonian :)

I'm not a true Bostonian... In my heart I will always be a New Yorker... but I've lived in Northern New Jersey, So. Fla, Chicago area, LA area, Atlanta area, and now Boston Burbs... so I have had my New York-ness quite diluted. :)

Last edited:
Okay, a more serious topic... maybe we can get some people to stop lurking and post!

Explain, in as many sentences as you care to use, why Disney is so important, or what Disney means, to you.

Disney, to me, is family. It's an outlet for my creativity and home away from home. I was never afraid of being turned away, even when I just came out and now that I'm accepting my disabilities; it'll always be my laughing place!

Okay, a more serious topic... maybe we can get some people to stop lurking and post!

Explain, in as many sentences as you care to use, why Disney is so important, or what Disney means, to you.

I missed this.. sorry...

Here's what Disney means to me... It's a place where magic happens, no matter how old you are, how big you are, who you love, or what you look like. Disney goes out of their way to make sure that as many people as possible can enjoy their rides and shows. When I was at my biggest, weight wise, I never had ANY problem fitting into a Disney Ride. I never had to take the 'walk of shame' because a restraint didn't fit. Disney cast members and characters have always made me feel welcome.
There were times when I was showing my rainbow pride tattoo that I actually got special attention from cast members and characters. At the Crystal Palace dinner for my 40th Birthday, I was wearing a tank top and my rainbow pride G Clef tattoo was showing. When Piglet came around to our table, he patted the tattoo a few times and then game me a 'thumbs up.' That same trip, I went to go on Soaring, but the line was 2 hours long and return times were 4 hours later. I went to ask about the single rider line and was told by the cast member that the line was discontinued because it sometimes ran longer than the standby line. My friend, trying to be cute, said 'can't you do anything for him, it's his 40th Birthday?' To which I replied 'No, that's okay, I am not asking for special treatment.' The cast member pulled me aside and gave me 2 4 person anytime return passes and said 'sometimes we have to take care of our own' and he, too, patted my tattoo.
There are just the little things that make the place magical and special. Their attention to detail, things that most people wouldn't even see or miss - like on BTMRR, on the hill up there are rattlesnakes with tails actually rattling.. who has time to see that? (Me, apparently.. :D) Surprise animal towels on the bed. The bus driver who tells you that if you're late for a dinner reservation to blame the buses because they understand the transportation system sometimes fails. The tram operator in Disneyland who tells jokes to his passengers going back to their cars because he knows everyone is exhausted and could use a laugh. The sticker I got for being 'That Guy' at the Laugh Factory - something they don't have to do.
Just the fact that once I go under the Welcome arch, I can leave the world outside and be in my own little heaven. Whether it's Walt Disney World, Disneyland, or Disneyland Paris, upon entry, you can forget everything else and just relax, enjoy and not worry about who I am, what I am, or how old I am.

Nope, I personally don't like Gay clubs/bars. I hate the posing, I hate the attitude, and I hate the drunks.

I feel very much the same way. having been a photographer for many LGBT groups & served on our local board for the areas pride celebration I have seen As a whole the vocal voice is break the mold and avoid stereotypes.

The actions those in the community enforce are tendency to show scrutiny to anything that is outside the mold.

When it comes to the Disney parks I have felt far more comfortable with my best friend & his husband with their adopted daughter on Disney property.

Then I do in a gay bar.

I feel very much the same way. having been a photographer for many LGBT groups & served on our local board for the areas pride celebration I have seen As a whole the vocal voice is break the mold and avoid stereotypes.

The actions those in the community enforce are tendency to show scrutiny to anything that is outside the mold.

When it comes to the Disney parks I have felt far more comfortable with my best friend & his husband with their adopted daughter on Disney property.

Then I do in a gay bar.

I find it sad, especially in the Bear Community, how we ***** about being ostracized because we're different.. we don't look and act like straight people, but then we totally turn on each other and rip each other to shreds because we need to be able to feel superior to someone else after years of being made to feel inferior. (I use the term 'we' in a broad sense). This is SO evident in bars and clubs

I've actually felt more comfortable in the bear community than any other. There's a bear bar in Boston (Alley Bar), and while it's divey, I've always had positive experiences with the folks there. Granted, I don't go very often.

I've actually felt more comfortable in the bear community than any other. There's a bear bar in Boston (Alley Bar), and while it's divey, I've always had positive experiences with the folks there. Granted, I don't go very often.

I've been there twice. First time was before they remodeled and it was scary divey. Then they redid it I only went once but i'm not much for that scene. It was fun though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter